Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Dominion: Monet

(1/4) > >>

Udzu:
DOMINON: MONET

Dominion: Monet is a fan expansion consisting only of landscapes (geddit?). It exists partly because I haven't bumped into that many fan landscape cards elsewhere (notable exceptions being Asper's Legacy, Carline's Venus and X-tra's Heroes expansions), but also because it's much easier to incorporate custom landscape cards into a physical game than custom Supply cards!

The set currently contains 25 35 40 landscape cards but is still very WIP. I posted some ideas a year ago but abandoned around half of them after feedback and a bit of playtesting. More playtesting is definitely needed though, and more feedback would be very welcome too!

Events

Comments: Note that Overtime doesn't give a +Buy (and predates Launch). Store can keep an Action out of your hand indefinitely (like Way of the Turtle). Patronage uses a new (Adventures-style) +1VP player token.

Landmarks

Comments: Hospital protects against Junkers but not enough to make them useless; it also synergises with Debt-only and $0* cards. Metropole encourages a rush.

Projects

Comments: Inheritance takes precedence over Heritage (since if you choose to apply Inheritance first then Estates are no longer single type Victory cards so Heritage can't override that).

Traits

Comments: Droit du Seigneur is just to help tracking.

Ways

Comments: Way of the Mongrel might be a bit too crazy.

Edicts

Comments: Edicts are general rule-changing cards.

Gambits

Comments: Gambits are effects that you can trigger up to once per turn during your Action phase — either before, after or in between playing Action cards

[Updates]

2021.04.19 Original post
2022.08.24 This post, with images and lots of new cards
2022.08.24 Nerfed Money Changer and removed Import (too similar to Family of Inventors)
2022.08.25 Added Cartel.
2022.08.26 Simplify Capitol, phrasing tweaks to Five-Four, Great Plague.
2022.09.08 Added Gambits after a tiny bit of playtesting.
2022.09.09 Nerf Ekklesia and tweak Heritage.
2022.10.06 Tweak Royal Engineer and Agora, rename Cartel to Charity.
2022.10.07 Nerf Diaspora.
2023.01.21 Add Traits.

faust:

--- Quote from: segura on August 24, 2022, 07:18:47 am ---Money Changer ist crazily overpowered. Coins into Coffers only works with worse rates or some other downsides.

Patronage on any cantrip does not make you want to end the game.

--- End quote ---
1 VP per turn is hardly enough to make you not want to end the game. It's true that Money Changer is OP though.

Import is basically just League of Inventors, but less interesting.

Udzu:

--- Quote from: segura on August 24, 2022, 07:18:47 am ---Money Changer ist crazily overpowered. Coins into Coffers only works with worse rates or some other downsides.

--- End quote ---

It does cost a Buy, but you're probably right. I've nerfed it, and might update it again once I've had a chance to playtest.

--- Quote ---Patronage on any cantrip does not make you want to end the game.

--- End quote ---

Patronage only affects the first play each turn.

Udzu:

--- Quote from: faust on August 24, 2022, 07:29:11 am ---Import is basically just League of Inventors, but less interesting.

--- End quote ---

Ooh, I hadn't noticed that (I haven't played Allies yet)! I agree it's too similar to be interesting so I'll remove it.

GendoIkari:
Money Changer is OP? It doesn't give +buy, so it only does anything when you have an extra buy, but not enough to purchase something you actually want to purchase. So basically if you have exactly leftover with no worth buying. If you had a great turn which produced an extra along with an extra buy, surely you'd rather buy a than get 2 coffers for a later turn? Or it could be good early, if you open with or then it lets you get / instead.

*Edit* Looks like it was already updated. Would be nice if the OP included both versions, because otherwise it makes the comments confusing. Was the original just 1-to-1 instead? Even then you're forfeiting buying a card now to get a better card next turn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version