Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 3 Fancards Up For Sale  (Read 866 times)

dz

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: DZ
  • Respect: +345
    • View Profile
3 Fancards Up For Sale
« on: August 03, 2022, 04:04:10 pm »
+1

In the past, I thought that I would never make my own Dominion cards. I'm sure I could come up with an entire expansion if I tried, but I had no interest, and I would rather work on my own games. Then last year, I had to make a Dominion card as a homework assignment, which was a funny experience. And then over 2022 I randomly came up with 2 more ideas, which are basically 2 existing cards smashed together.

I still have no interest in playtesting / fixing these 3 cards. Which is why I never shared them, because any feedback would be completely useless. Then I thought, maybe someone else would want to work on these, so here you go, feel free to steal these ideas. In fact I would prefer if you don't credit me.

Cathedral Grounds
$6; Action-Attack
+4 Cards
Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand trashes a card from their hand.

+4 Cards is great, but it cleans up their Coppers and Estates. But maybe later they'll have to lose something good.

Mountain Fort
$5; Action
Gain a card costing up to $4. Then look through your discard pile and put a card from it into your hand.

Hill Fort is my least favorite Allies card; this is what I would have preferred instead.

Sailord
$4; Action-Duration-Attack
+1 Action
At the start of your next turn, +$2 and you may trash a card from your hand. Until then, each other player can't trash more than 2 cards each turn.

It's Sailor, but it shuts down Chapel and Donate, and restricts decks that rely on TFB. The wording causes a rules question with Count, but meh that's not my problem.

Feel free to discuss the cards here, but don't expect me to reply. I won't even read the discussion.

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
  • Respect: +1113
    • View Profile
    • a
Re: 3 Fancards Up For Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 05:43:02 pm »
+16

Maybe I’m misinterpreting the tone of this post, but I feel hints of self-righteousness scattered in it.

Maybe it’s because of the already negative vibe I get from the title with the weird use of "for sale"?
Maybe it’s because it feels to me like you consider fan card territory a place to shun, a place that’s sort of below you?
Maybe it’s because you claim that you have 0 desire to dwell into fan card creation but also say “I could tots pull out an expansion willy-nilly if I tried lmao”, as if such an endeavour required minimal effort, dedication and talent?
Maybe it’s because you throw in 3 cards without any wish to discuss them, let alone check back on this thread? Our input really is worth that little, isn’t it?
Maybe it’s because you invite us to "steal" your ideas, as if we were too poor-minded to come up with stuff on our own? Maybe the crumbs of wisdom you bestow upon us via these cards should be sufficient enough for us to be thankful, no credits needed on your behalf?

Sorry if I’m off here, but man, it’s going to take me a lot to convince me I’m not off.

And uh, since you won’t take any criticism about these cards, let alone checking back here at the bare minimum, I see no point to discuss anything here. The only reason I’m posting is to highlight this as a prime example of "how to sound kind of sort of sound a smidge like an asshole".
Bottom text

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 06:26:21 pm »
+2

i thought it was funny
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Ketyri

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ketyri
  • that's the way it goes
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 01:15:24 pm »
+3

for sale
dominion cards
never used

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 05:12:23 am »
+1

i thought it was funny

The question is, is it intentionally funny or unintentionally funny?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.