Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Customized/Modified Nocturne Hexes  (Read 345 times)

Xen3k

• Tactician
  • Respect: +581
    • View Profile
Customized/Modified Nocturne Hexes
« on: July 24, 2022, 11:53:01 pm »
+3

Custom Hexes

Greed - Hex
Gain a Copper onto your deck.
Plague - Hex
Gain a Curse to your hand.
War - Hex
Gain a Ruins and shuffle it into your deck.
Poverty - Hex
Gain a Copper to your hand. Then, reveal your hand and discard a Treasure with the hifhest cost in (Coins).
Bad Omens - Hex
Gain a Curse. Look through your discard pile and shuffle a Curse, a Ruins, and a Victory card of your choice from it into your deck.
Misery - Hex
Discard an Action card (or reveal you can't). Then, gain a Ruins to your hand.
Envy - Hex
If you don't hace Deluded or Envioous, take Envious. Otherwise, gain a Copper.
Haunting - Hex
If you have at least 4 cards in hand, put one of them onto your deck. Otherwise, gain a Curse.
Delusion - Hex
If you don't hace Deluded or Envioous, take Deluded. Otherwise, gain a Ruins.
Famine - Hex
Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Discard the Treasures and Actions costing $1 or more. Shuffle the rest into your deck.
Fear - Hex
You may gain a Curse. If you don't, discard a non-Victory card costing $3 or more (or reveal you can't).
Locust - Hex
Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal a Curse, a Ruins, a Shelter, or an Estate. Put it onto your deck and discard the rest.

Intended goal: Normalize the power level of all Hexes, reduce instances of Hexes having no effect, remove trashing attacks, and add Ruins junking.

This is a modified version of the Hexes from Nocturne I developed for my game group. We have a completely randomized card set that is limited to roughly 175 cards. To align all the Hexes to what we play with, all trashing Hexes were already removed and some of the other Hexes were removed by popular demand. Adding Ruins gain into Hexes basically makes Doom act like Looter for set up. Some of the Hexes were only slightly modified to allow the Hex to still have an effect if the primary effect does nothing.

I am posting this for feedback, ideas, and just to share what I have made. I was thinking of using this idea as the subject for a weekly design challenge, but I really do not want to judge multiple sets of 12 Hexes. Hope you enjoy.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 12:27:31 am by Xen3k »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.