Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: An Opinion on the 3 New Revisions (Seaside, Prosperity, Hinterlands)  (Read 5240 times)

EPluribus

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Re: An Opinion on the 3 New Revisions (Seaside, Prosperity, Hinterlands)
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2023, 05:34:32 pm »
+2

I don't really have much to add to this conversation as I still haven't had much experience with the recent 2E updates yet, but I just wanted to share my method for handling durations in play: I imagine my normal play area as a row extending directly from my deck, and then play durations in an imagined row above that. Once their condition has been fulfilled, I move them down to the normal row so that I know they'll get discarded during clean-up this turn. I've virtually never forgotten to leave one out or discard one since doing this.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2127
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2023, 03:58:09 pm »
+3

I think Stowaway would have been better than Sailor for Seaside. It's no more complex than Pirate, and has the fun of interacting with Durations.

Sailor is lots of fun though. Having a few cards you don't like playing with because they're too complex is better than 1E where there are cards you don't like playing with because they're bad, meaningless, or slow the game to a crawl.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 01:42:09 am by NoMoreFun »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2023, 09:24:48 am »

I don’t think Pirate is great for new players because it’s a really unexpected reaction. Reactions were 99% focused on deflecting Attacks until Hinterlands, I believe. The one Reaction that did not explicitly respond to attacks was Watchtower, but Watchtower can essentially only respond to junking attacks until you get to cards like Cache or Ball.

Watchtower can also be used to top-deck cards you buy, etc.

grrgrrgrr

• Explorer
  • Respect: +422
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2023, 02:44:25 pm »
+1

I really feel like the Seaside 2E cards are more like early releases of Plunder cards than actual Seaside cards. But that's okay; it doesn't matter very much in which expansion a card gets released.

Several Prosperity 2E cards are in the same boat, which makes me wish the 2E cards were more focussed on the Bigger & Better aspect of Prosperity; i.e. having some $6 or $7 costs among the 2E cards. Although many are also just direct replacements.

That said, the expansion cards are still expansion cards, so they don't have to be simple. And the 2E cards are also released on a time that we already have many expansions; they don't have to "go back in time".

The expansions are on the aggressive side with replacing stuff. I in particular think Silk Road and IGG didn't need to be replaced.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 20 queries.