Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: did the settings change for resigns in re: multiple disconnects?  (Read 620 times)

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile

Was playing a game with a dude who mentioned that he had to change rooms and/or reboot computers or something and that he would probably disco.  I said cool np.  He then proceeded to disconnect and reconnect  4 x in a span of a few minutes.  On the 4th disco the game automatically resigned him, while he was disconnected.  I did not click "force resign".  ???

Did something change where you automatically resign if you disco/reco a certain # of times consecutively, and or in a certain amount of time?

never seen it auto resign someone
like ive come back to games the next login and they still ask for a resign.

Joining game #104117705 on ohio.
honkeyfresh my warriors demand satisfaction!
no 'demand" puns intended
maddog gotta change rooms and possibly reboot after this turn; sorry
honkeyfresh some get satisafaction made on a farm
others in a lab
np
im in no rush
watching wimbeldon w my dog
maddog dogs rock
maddog disconnected.
honkeyfresh i always wonder if the chat resets when you logout... so if u do im gonna type something
tell me if u see this [I always wonder if the other player can see things that you typed while they were disconnected-- still do since he never came back long enough to reply]
maddog reconnected.
maddog disconnected.
honkeyfresh disco disco
maddog reconnected.
honkeyfresh yeah my dog is literally the chillest ever
maddog disconnected.
honkeyfresh she so good
maddog reconnected.
maddog disconnected.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 02:35:16 pm by Honkeyfresh »
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

dane-m

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dane-m
  • Respect: +196
    • View Profile
Re: did the settings change for resigns in re: multiple disconnects?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 01:31:52 am »
+2

My guess is that your opponent came to the conclusion that he couldn't continue the game reliably, so resigned to spare you both from huge frustration.

Edit: I've just seen that there were a series of releases yesterday...

1.6.4.4 Fixed the "spinning castle" problem by getting the client to give you the option to stop attempting to reconnect if you're repeatedly trying to reconnect to the same game.

1.6.4.4.2 Fixed the problem that it was impossible to reconnect in 1.6.4.4.1.

Perhaps you were playing at the time that 1.6.4.4.1 was live.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 01:43:19 am by dane-m »

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 02:58:01 pm »

My guess is that your opponent came to the conclusion that he couldn't continue the game reliably, so resigned to spare you both from huge frustration.

1.6.4.4 Fixed the "spinning castle" problem by getting the client to give you the option to stop attempting to reconnect if you're repeatedly trying to reconnect to the same game.

I never know what to do when is such a loop.  Does it penalize you for folding if this is the game's outset?  Why loop?  The game is either there (other player waiting) or not (no game to connect)?  Why the option?  And what it is that stops from reconnecting.  It's obviously not an internet connection issue, and after resigning you can always join another game with no problem.  So what happens during a "spinning castle" disco and why does it happen?
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 02:59:05 pm »

Thanks for the 411.  Where do you get these updates if you wouldn't mind sharing the link...

I never know what to do when is such a loop.  Does it penalize you for folding if this is the game's outset?  Why loop?  The game is either there (other player waiting) or not (no game to connect)?  Why the option?  And what it is that stops from reconnecting.  It's obviously not an internet connection issue, and after resigning you can always join another game with no problem.  So what happens during a "spinning castle" disco and why does it happen?

dane-m

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dane-m
  • Respect: +196
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 12:11:48 pm »
+1

Thanks for the 411.  Where do you get these updates if you wouldn't mind sharing the link...

They're in the Shuffle IT Forum (http://forum.shuffleit.nl/).  More specifically they are in the Releases thread (http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=604.0).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.143 seconds with 21 queries.