Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Pricing a custom card for fun (and helping me out).  (Read 581 times)

Xen3k

• Tactician
  • Respect: +581
    • View Profile
Pricing a custom card for fun (and helping me out).
« on: June 13, 2022, 02:59:51 pm »
+2

So, I have been discussing a design that one of my friends are wanting to add to our custom Dominion cube, and there are some disagreements over pricing it, so I figured getting some alternate opinions would help. You can also just have fun and try to gauge these cards cost.

So, this is obviously a a mix of Vineyard and Great Hall/Nobles. The goal is not to have it play the same as Vineyard or Great Hall, but be an appealing alt victory card that is not obviously better than Province. If you think some of the designs cannot be priced, that is completely acceptable. Thanks ahead of time to anyone who cares to help out.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 03:03:01 pm by Xen3k »

Joxeft

• Bishop
  • Respect: +103
    • View Profile
Re: Pricing a custom card for fun (and helping me out).
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 03:03:26 pm »

Id go with 3 and price it at $4.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 03:19:34 pm by Joxeft »

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 05:59:23 pm »
+5

I would point out that of all the Alt-VP that exists in the official game, it is almost entirely divided into Scaling Victory cards and Functional Victory cards. The only cards that fall into both of those categories are Humble Castle and Pasture, which both have as their "function" being a Copper, and which there are a very limited number of. Combing the two functions is very strong.
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

Xen3k

• Tactician
  • Respect: +581
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 06:36:40 pm »

I would point out that of all the Alt-VP that exists in the official game, it is almost entirely divided into Scaling Victory cards and Functional Victory cards. The only cards that fall into both of those categories are Humble Castle and Pasture, which both have as their "function" being a Copper, and which there are a very limited number of. Combing the two functions is very strong.

I agree, and being a cantrip VP card is VERY strong.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 06:54:31 pm »
+2

Id go with 3 and price it at $4.

v1 and v3 definitely can't cost . Both are strictly better than Vineyard, and Vineyard is harder to get than a ; to buy a Vineyard, you need to first gain a card (Potion), and then buy Vineyard using that card. Costing cuts out that first step.

I'd go with version 4 and price it at .
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 06:56:07 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.