Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Embargo the pile you bought from  (Read 466 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
Embargo the pile you bought from
« on: May 31, 2022, 06:33:46 am »
+1

I know Embargo is out, but this is an explanation from my rules document.

I buy a Village, then I gain an Embargo because of Haggler, and I play that Embargo with Innovation, choosing the Village pile. I'm still doing when-buy stuff for Village. Do I have to gain a Curse?

With the current Embargo version, I assume yes. I create a new when-buy, I have to resolve it now.
With the original Embargo version, I assume no. It's a global rule that you gain 1 Curse per token, and I could choose to resolve that rule first, before gaining the Embargo.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
Re: Embargo the pile you bought from
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 02:10:17 pm »
+1

I know Embargo is out, but this is an explanation from my rules document.

I buy a Village, then I gain an Embargo because of Haggler, and I play that Embargo with Innovation, choosing the Village pile. I'm still doing when-buy stuff for Village. Do I have to gain a Curse?

With the current Embargo version, I assume yes. I create a new when-buy, I have to resolve it now.
With the original Embargo version, I assume no. It's a global rule that you gain 1 Curse per token, and I could choose to resolve that rule first, before gaining the Embargo.
"Trash this to add an Embargo token to a Supply pile. (For the rest of the game, when a player buys a card from that pile, they gain a Curse.)"

This of course goes however all those other rulings go; it's not novel.

"When a player buys a card, he gains a Curse card per Embargo token on that pile."

This has an implicit "in games using this" and yes you could resolve it first.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
Re: Embargo the pile you bought from
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 03:27:34 pm »

Thanks. It's hard to keep it straight in my head sometimes, so I needed confirmation that I'm not crazy.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.