Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Prosperity 2E Preview 2  (Read 9079 times)

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperity 2E Preview 2
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2022, 02:22:37 pm »

Appropriate to its name, Investment would potentially be really strong in games with Capitalism. It also has an interesting interaction with Charlatan, in that a Curse in your hand would count towards its +VP
They/them

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2022, 02:24:39 pm »

Also, Clerk's reaction reminds me of the Dawn fan mechanism
They/them

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2022, 02:35:56 pm »

Appropriate to its name, Investment would potentially be really strong in games with Capitalism. It also has an interesting interaction with Charlatan, in that a Curse in your hand would count towards its +VP

No, wait, that wouldn't work very well at all with Capitalism, since you'll usually have already played those cards
They/them

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2022, 03:43:15 pm »
+3

No, wait, that wouldn't work very well at all with Capitalism, since you'll usually have already played those cards

Not necessarily. The nice part of Capitalism is that you don't have to play them before playing your Treasures (unless you have non-+$1 Action cards that playing your existing Actions would draw), so you could play Investment, cash in on all the different Treasure cards in your hand (including the Actions that are made Treasures by Capitalism), then play those Treasures.
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

CaptainTheo

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2022, 05:10:30 pm »

I don't mind the removal of Trade Route and all and can live without Loan, but I actively liked Venture, as it had a unique mechanic, could chain together and was particularly good in games when Copper was easily trashed. It feels very different from the removal of cards from the first two sets where there were many cards that felt very suitable to be removed as they were generally weak, and even from Seaside where several removed cards were powerful but irritating.

Trade Route was in an Allies suggested set, meaning that cards in that set aren't safe.

Surely Royal Seal will be one of the last two cards removed (assuming that the other "removed" one is a blank). The other one would be Talisman or Hoard, or possibly even Mint.

EDIT: I had Goons listed as a possible removal but then noticed a post from yesterday about the cards that give VP chips staying.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 05:27:23 pm by CaptainTheo »

Elias Z

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2022, 07:44:59 pm »

Overall, I like the new cards.

I have a small suggestion: I think it could be made a bit clearer that playing Clerk at the beginning of your turn does not count as an action.

But other than that, the new Prosperity cards, from this preview and the last preview look awesome.

Imrahil3

• Bishop
  • Respect: +210
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2022, 07:51:00 pm »
+1

Venture was just a Treasure-digging Treasure-Peddler and pretty bland. Crystal Ball has far more flavor.

Not to be confused with the 15 other non-action peddlers that dig for good cards.
Wait…

chipperMDW

• Duke
  • Respect: +813
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2022, 07:53:08 pm »
+6

(assuming that the other "removed" one is a blank)
I think it is confirmed that it is not a blank (as there are not ten blanks in Prosperity to remove); there are still three actual cards left to be removed.

EDIT: I had Goons listed as a possible removal but then noticed a post from yesterday about the cards that give VP chips staying.
If we're talking posts on this forum, I don't think Donald actually said anything about cards with VP tokens staying; he said that the VP tokens themselves were staying. Someone then misparaphrased him as talking about the cards. So Goons could still be on the chopping block.

4est

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: 4est
  • Respect: +1454
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2022, 07:53:25 pm »
+6

I've seen multiple people saying that VP token cards are all staying, but did DXV actually confirm that? In the preview yesterday, he said:

And, the set had VP tokens, and I wasn't getting rid of them, so I wanted to get a little more use out of them if possible.

I took "them" to mean VP tokens themselves, not VP token cards, which would mean Goons isn't necessarily safe. That said, given the relative few new VP token cards we've seen so far, Goons may stay after all, but from my reading, it's definitely not a sure thing.

Surprised that the Allies recommended sets ended up including removed 1e cards, but I suppose it's very possible that the sets part was drafted before 2e was finalized.

Edit: haha chipperMDW ninja'd me here.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 07:56:38 pm by 4est »

anordinaryman

• Duke
  • Respect: +502
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2022, 08:17:51 pm »

Love these cards!

So far we've lost two +Buy cards and haven't gotten any. So, I'm assuming we get a +buy in Preview 3.

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2022, 09:29:16 pm »
+2

Clerk + Way of the Mouse could be quite interesting, depending on what card is set aside by Mouse
They/them

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2022, 11:09:10 pm »
+3

Actually since this is the last chance I'll have before it's too late, I will make the bold prediction that tomorrow, people will complain about how their favorite card died, and how their least favorite card survived.

King's Court leaving and Royal Seal staying.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.