Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fan Card/Expansion Recommendations  (Read 1326 times)

Builder_Roberts

• Bishop
  • Respect: +180
    • View Profile
Fan Card/Expansion Recommendations
« on: May 29, 2022, 07:42:34 pm »
+3

Hey, sorry. New to this whole Forum thing. I wanted to look for some recommended Fan Cards? Some of you guys playtested these right? There's just so many! I don't know which ones will be good. So please, if you have any Recommendations please post some links!
Just living a life, you know?
All of the Best cards I've made:http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=21287.0

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Card/Expansion Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 08:10:49 pm »
+3

Well, not to toot my own horn, but here's my expansion: Enterprise

Almost all of the cards have gotten quite a bit of testing, but I also give an out-of-5 stars rating for how confident I am in each card (based on amount and quality of testing).

I'll also give a shout-out to X-tra, who makes great fan cards. Here's one of his sets: New World

I often test with Gubump and crlundy as well, though I don't think either of them has a thread with a full expansion right now. I may be wrong.

Builder_Roberts

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 08:18:42 pm »

Thank you! that's exactly what I'm looking for! Making sure, the first page has all the most recent cards?
All of the Best cards I've made:http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=21287.0

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 08:20:21 pm »

Thank you! that's exactly what I'm looking for! Making sure, the first page has all the most recent cards?

For my set, yes. I'm not 100% sure New World is up-to-date, but you could ask in that thread.

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
  • Respect: +1113
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 08:51:54 pm »
+3

Hehe, there are always things to tweak for sure. An expansion is never truly complete :P . Biggest blunder so far in New World is the subpar wording on Mountain Lands. The rulebook also has problems and would benefit from a second pass.

Enterprise (linked by LastFootnote above) is probably one of the longest, most ambitious fan expansion out there. So it gets a big fat thumbs up from me as well.

Of quality as well, I can redirect you toward Asper's massive set of cards tweaked and tested over the years. Sadly, the pictures have been taken down, but Asper did mock up some cards for each of the entries in the thread. I'd also like to recommend Dominion: Venus, made by Carline. The quality of the cards (with pictures!) there is phenomenal. Carline has applied the comments and suggestions from the Discord community and as such, the final product has very high standards.

There are more fan expansions out there, but these are the 2 others that immediately popped in my noggin'.
Bottom text

Joxeft

• Bishop
  • Respect: +103
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2022, 09:16:34 pm »
+1

If you need card names here's a list.
-
salt merchant
lumber mill
warden
salt mine
judge
jewel
artist
carnival
bull market
tradesmen
dealer
whaling ship
war ship
frigate
fish merchant
flag ship
strategist
fish market
translator
water way
transcriber
marshal
water gate
scribe
rowboat
dock
seafarer
glass maker
stationer
skinner
poulter
weir keeper
oil merchant
mercer
hay merchant
fruitier
fishmonger
trapper
hobbler
brazier
hawker
mage
warlock
old mill
old mine
hut
citizen
maze
alley
pedestal
memorial
abbot
assassin
magician
arch
architect
emperor
factory
gate
dragon
map room
haunted city
school of magic
bell tower
observatory
astronomer
town hall
hospital
docks
manor
park
harbor
prison
great wall
pavilion
assemble
engineer
citadel
subject
Cottage
Well
rope
mosque
healer
builder
gatherer
weaver
constable
granary
farmer
outskirts
vanguard
delegate
meadow
minister
improve
trickster
swordsmith
gardener
fueller
frontier
outpost
barn
conservatory
arsenal
depository
foundry
pikemen
bunker
troll
fighter
robber
refuge
region
campfire
cleric
grindstone
illusionist
crone
novice
clan
cloister
informant
watermill
booming town
camp
orc
paladin
joust
hero
welder
wolf
horse lord
hideaway
yacht
crew
caravanner
reorganize
herbs
homestead
market street
barrels
baliff
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 12:50:45 pm by Joxeft »

Builder_Roberts

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2022, 09:55:31 pm »

Guess I'll go searchin!

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 11:52:07 pm »
+3

I don't have a thread for it yet, but I do have a weebly for a fan expansion I'm working on. It is, however, far from complete, both in terms of how many cards are in the set and how much the cards already there have been playtested.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2022, 12:08:23 am »
+3

In my signature, I have links to my list of other people's fan-made cards* I've played with and like as well as my fan expansion: Resurgence.

*EDIT: I need to update this list soon. There's several more I can add at this point.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 12:15:57 am by LibraryAdventurer »

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2022, 12:40:10 am »
+5

Oh, also. I once made a thread compiling 25 cards from the first 100 Weekly Design Contest together. The compilation includes many cards from various talented creators. It can be found here.

The Weekly Design Contest is an ongoing contest that still sees a lot of participation today even though it was started in late 2018. Each week or so, the winner from the previous contest comes up with a new one in which they impose some sort of restriction to the competitors (ex: Create a Duration card). People enter their card and one week later, the contest creator picks a winner among a list of runner ups and that winner creates the next contest. So on and so forth. This is mostly where the efforts of card creation can be found outside of r/Dominion nowadays.
Bottom text

DunnoItAll

• Thief
  • Respect: +127
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 05:22:07 pm »
+1

Hey, sorry. New to this whole Forum thing. I wanted to look for some recommended Fan Cards? Some of you guys playtested these right? There's just so many! I don't know which ones will be good. So please, if you have any Recommendations please post some links!

I have a group that plays on Tabletop Simulator with all the official cards and a bunch of fan-expansions. These are the fan-expansions I almost always put in the randomizer for my games:
Ice Age
Enterprise
Alchemy-Reforged
New World
Antiquities
Industrialization
Plague
Urbanization
Conspiracy
Revolution

I don't have a link for them, but I think they all originated in these forums in one way or another.

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 11:56:06 pm »

Ah yes, Alchemy Reforged, mentioned just above is very neatly put together. Dominion: Aracadia, from the same creator, The Alchemist (also known on the Discord server as Annie), is a smaller-sized set that also received some play testing care. As such, it's a good set that I'd happily recommend as well.

Ice Age
Enterprise
Alchemy-Reforged
New World
Antiquities
Industrialization
Plague
Urbanization
Conspiracy
Revolution

I put together Urbanization, but as a fair word of warning, this "expansion" was made on a whim. Everything in there is untested and probably uuuh not as good as I wish it could be. Just uh, be careful what you put in your games with stuff in there! Some of the ideas are nice, but could be executed way better. The power of playtesting certainly is a worthwhile investment.
Bottom text
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.867 seconds with 20 queries.