Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest #153: Prosperity Revised  (Read 5477 times)

fika monster

• Witch
  • 27 year old swedish guy. PFP by haps
  • Respect: +459
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #153: Prosperity Revised
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2022, 04:36:44 am »
+2

Update 1:

Risky Bet
Action - 3$
You may play a treasure costing up to $5 from your hand twice. For each $1 it would give you, instead get $1, +1 card, +1 action. You cannot play any more copies of it this turn.

A storyteller variant that can turn coppers into a lost city of sorts, and similar for other treasures, but you are barred from playing more copies of the card. limited it to 6$ treasures cause platinums are so expensive and good that the drawback doesn't matter there.

Unsure about the power level of this card: On some boards, it seems super strong, and its drawback doesn't matter really (like if you just got one gold or plunder anyway). On others, especially ones you can't thin and get rid of coppers, it seems weak as you can't play the other coppers you draw. But i like the core concept a lot.

Treasures/combos its busted with potentially:
Capital (12 Cards and actions!!! and gold wtf); Stockpile(?); Some heirlooms like goat; Counterfeit; philosophers stone, but that seems fine tbh cause that card sucks; and of course, capitalism.

Potential ideas to fix it: Remove the money gain, similar to storyteller; Change the "$6" treasure limitation to "treasure that gives $2"

i await feedback.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 12:31:54 pm by fika monster »
Swedish guy, Furry hipster otter

Timinou

• Witch
  • Respect: +634
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2022, 09:44:26 am »
+5

1E Prosperity owners, don't throw away your coin tokens and Trade Route mat!

Mule is intended to replace Trade Route, although you could play with both, and have them power up each other.

Quote from: Mule
Treasure - $4
Trash this for $1 per Coin token on the Trade Route mat.
-
In games using this, if you have any unused $ at the end of your Buy phase, gain a Mule. If you did, add a Coin token to the Trade Route mat.

This is probably busted with Cavalry, so maybe it should say "at the end of your turn" instead of "at the end of your Buy phase", but I wanted to allow for some craziness.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 09:48:05 am by Timinou »

joefarebrother

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: joefarebrother
  • Respect: +145
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2022, 10:54:40 am »
+2

Risky Bet
Action - 4$
You may play a treasure costing up to $6 from your hand twice. Get +1 Card and +1 Action per $1 you got from it. You cannot play any more copies of it this turn.

Since "how much" money you got from a treasure is a little hard to define (if I play crown and that plays some actions, does the money from those actions count?); I'd recommend a wording based on chameleon ("for each $1 it would give you, instead get $1, +1card, +1action")

Seems strong with gold that's going to be available in every kingdom. Maybe limit it to treasures up to $5? Getting one lot of 4cards/4actions off a silver each turn is still going to be decent.

fika monster

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2022, 12:32:24 pm »

Update 1:

Risky Bet
Action - 3$
You may play a treasure costing up to $5 from your hand twice. For each $1 it would give you, instead get $1, +1 card, +1 action. You cannot play any more copies of it this turn.

A storyteller variant that can turn coppers into a lost city of sorts, and similar for other treasures, but you are barred from playing more copies of the card. limited it to 6$ treasures cause platinums are so expensive and good that the drawback doesn't matter there.

Unsure about the power level of this card: On some boards, it seems super strong, and its drawback doesn't matter really (like if you just got one gold or plunder anyway). On others, especially ones you can't thin and get rid of coppers, it seems weak as you can't play the other coppers you draw. But i like the core concept a lot.

Capital (12 Cards and actions!!! and gold wtf); Stockpile(?); Some heirlooms like goat; Counterfeit; philosophers stone, but that seems fine tbh cause that card sucks; and of course, capitalism.

Potential ideas to fix it: Remove the money gain, similar to storyteller; Change the "$6" treasure limitation to "treasure that gives $2"

i await feedback.[/size]
Updated to V2

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2022, 11:06:18 pm »
+1

Payoff
Treasure - Reaction - $5
+1 Card
+$1
-
When you draw this other than during Clean-up, you may play it.

My attempt to make Venture better. The problem with Venture is that it works so badly with other deck-drawing cards. This fixes it by letting you play it in your Action phase along with your other deck-drawing cards. But if you run out of actions you can still play it in your Buy phase.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
  • Respect: +639
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2022, 05:57:05 am »
+8

Coronet
$6 Treasure

$2
This turn, Duchies are also Treasures worth $2.

FAQ:
  • Playing this turns Duchies into Treasure - Victory cards for the rest of the turn.
  • This applies to Duchies everywhere (in the Supply, in your hand, in other players' decks etc).
  • This makes Duchies worth $2 only when you play them; if you already have a Duchy in your play area (somehow) it does not retrospectively give you $2; but if you subsequently play a Bank, the Bank will give an extra +$1 because at the time of playing Bank, the Duchy is a Treasure in play.
  • If you play another Coronet on the same turn, it does not make any further change to Duchies.

A replacement for Hoard.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2022, 06:28:41 am »
+8

Yeah, so, we're gonna turn your Duchy into a harem now. Yes, right now. Don't worry, this is perfectly normal. And it's only temporary.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2022, 06:46:48 am »
+1

Yeah, so, we're gonna turn your Duchy into a harem now. Yes, right now. Don't worry, this is perfectly normal. And it's only temporary.
But wait! It must be something in the air; several other monarchs have had the exact same idea. Harems everywhere! But now normality has been restored. Except the other monarchs find they're a Duchy down. You suspect your Innovative Bandits. Your parents wouldn’t be proud...

Joxeft

• Bishop
  • Respect: +103
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2022, 09:07:14 am »
+2

24 hour warning

I think this is all the entries so far.

Coin Factory by JW
Sapphire by Meta
Grand Workshop by emtzalex
Pendant by 4est
Joint Venture by spineflu
Central Mine by Galaxi
Ruby by AJL828
Firm by Augie279
Entrepot by xyz123
Decree by NoMoreFun
Bookkeeper by Erick648
Huge...tracts of land by LibraryAdventurer
Scroll by Gubump
Contractors by Builder_Roberts
Risky Bet by fika monster
Mule by Timinou
Payoff by Commodore Chuckles
Coronet by infangthief

Wow never thought Id get 18 entries or more.
Let me know if I missed any.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 09:32:08 am by Joxeft »

4est

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: 4est
  • Respect: +1454
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2022, 09:25:34 am »
+5

I think you missed DXV's entry for this week, although it seems like he didn't read the rules as he submitted nine cards instead of just one.

4est

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2022, 09:36:58 am »
+6

Lol he posted them in these other threads for some reason:

Prosperity 2E Previews 1
Prosperity 2E Previews 2
Prosperity 2E Previews 3

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2022, 09:57:18 am »
+3

@4est, please explain the joke in as much detail as possible.

4est

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2022, 10:21:16 am »
+1

So there's this guy on the forums called Donald X. who sometimes goes by DXV. I guess he made Dominion or something?

Anyway, he posted a bunch of new Dominion cards this week for a revised Prosperity edition, they seem pretty good.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2022, 10:42:44 am »
+2

It has been a slightly weird contest with the official 2E cards being announced part way through.

The last 2 days I've woken up in the morning thinking "should I get an entry in before DXV does his previews today, just in case it matches one of them...". Such vanity.

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2022, 10:48:36 am »

Lol he posted them in these other threads for some reason:

Prosperity 2E Previews 1
Prosperity 2E Previews 2
Prosperity 2E Previews 3
Um I still cant find the cards.
Are DZ and DXZ the same person?

nah, dz is someone with one of the official clients. i think he posts in the fb group from time to time too.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2022, 12:27:58 pm »
+6

Update 1:

Risky Bet
Action - 3$

i await feedback.[/size]
Updated to V2

It's still far too strong IMO: whenever you play it with Silver, RB effectively becomes a card giving +4 cards, +4 actions and +$2, i.e. three Labs, three Villages and two Peddlers put together in one $3 card.  :o The drawback hardly mitigates this, since you don't have to buy many Silvers to reliably draw one in an engine.

Compare with Merchant, which only becomes a single Peddler when colliding with silver.

Joxeft

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2022, 08:01:37 am »
+5

Submissions Closed

I'll get results out in a day or two, maybe today.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 09:48:32 am by Joxeft »

Joxeft

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2022, 09:52:43 pm »
+6

Judgment
-
Coin Factory
$4 - Action
+2 Cards
You may reveal a Treasure from your hand. If you do, trash it; or discard it to gain a copy of it (your choice).
Coin Factory by JW
I like that it draws then you can trash or gain a copy of a treasure. That looks as good as smithy to me. Coin Factory looks nice and simple, I think that Coin Factory is a good replacement for Mint.

Sapphire by Meta
At first I thought Sapphire was too weak but Sapphire is not too weak. If you buy it instead of gold it is quite good, if you have the money. I think that Sapphire is a bit weak still but in games with no $7s it's a good card.

Grand Workshop by emtzalex
I like the amount of choices added to Grand Workshop with the VP tokens but compared to Artisan, Grand Workshop looks a bit weak. Grand Workshop is a good idea though.

Pendant by 4est
I like the copper idea in the card, and I like the +2VP when you gain cards costing $6 or more too. Nice card, I like the VP tokens and also that Pendant is balanced well. This also adds some interesting strategies.

Ruby by AJL828
Really nice, this is a great balanced card. I really like this card is a curser sometimes making it a familiar but if not it's at least -$1 or better.

Joint Venture by spineflu
Joint Venture is a nice, cheaper, but less useful gold. I like that it has trashing with it and the settlers-type thing unlike most other cheaper golds. Overall I think that this is a good replacement for Venture. I do like DXV's replacement better though.

Central Mine by Galaxi
Central Mine is a good mine variant with a buy benefit. I really like this card because you can gain up to $5 more and if only $3 then you get a buy, this is really nice with platinum. Maybe Central Mine is too powerful with platinum. The buy in big money decks can be powerful and I like that you have a choice with the +1 buy. I think this is way better than mine.

Firm by Augie279
This has some differences from contband but there's a cusreing on buy instead of just you can’t buy whatever you're buying. I like this, Overall I think that this is pretty good.

Entrepot
Action
$5

+2 Actions

Look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Put 2 of them into your hand and discard the rest.

Decree
Treasure - $5
Gain a card costing less than this. If it's a Victory card, +1VP. If it's an Action or Treasure, you may play it.
Decree by NoMoreFun
I really love this card's idea. Decree a good gainer if you gain a victory card you get +1 VP and if you don't then you get a free play. This might be a bit under piced becuses with so many more gaining choices than most 5 hand/play gainers. Also with the vp/the playing this is norlay more powerful than most 5 hand/play gainers.

Bookkeeper by Erick648
This is a bit messed up, like counting house, which has weaknesses in some games. Yes it's better than counting house but in games with no cards like Oasis it is weak and you probably don't want to buy it.

Huge...tracts of land
$5 - Treasure
+$2.
This turn, when you gain a Victory card, +1 VP.
Huge...tracts of land by LibraryAdventurer
Nice, Huge...tracts of land is pretty similar to groundskeeper though. This is a good balanced card, good job.

Scroll by Gubump
Very nice replacement for contraband. With no actions left
you get some vp card over all this is a great card good job.

Contractors by Builder_Roberts
I really like that with this you can pay coins for vp but this just goes on and on. This simply just doesn't interest me that much. Maybe I'm wrong about this card, I don't know?

Risky Bet by fika monster
Risky Bet is way too powerful. Let's say I play a Royal Seal from my hand twice and I'm probably not going to play another one then I get +2 Cards, +$2, and +2 Actions. This is basically like playing a 6 card and Risky Bet costs $3. This would make almost every game you play with this be a Risky Bet rush.

Mule by Timinou
Mule has a build up giving you massive amounts of money at a time. I think this might be a bit too powerful but I still like Mule. Also I think that it's interesting when you have unused buys at the end of a trun you get a mule.

Payoff
Treasure - Reaction - $5
+1 Card
+$1
-
When you draw this other than during Clean-up, you may play it.
Payoff by Commodore Chuckles
This is a nice and simple card. I like the reaction on draw effect, overall this is a great card.

Coronet by infangthief
I like how it makes duchies silvers, in addition to what they already are. Honestly this is a great card, maybe even better than gold. I like the idea of having your VP cards as treasures too.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 10:45:25 pm by Joxeft »

Joxeft

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2022, 09:53:40 pm »

Weekly Design Contest #153: Prosperity Revised

The Results

Thanks to everyone who participated.
Here are the results:

Honorary Mentions:

Central Mine by Galaxi

Scroll by Gubump

Runners up:

Ruby by AJL828

Pendant by 4est

Winner:

Coronet by infangthief
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 08:54:18 pm by Joxeft »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2022, 10:30:06 pm »
+1

Ruby is missing from your judgement post despite being a runner up.

Joxeft

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2022, 10:40:57 pm »

Woops, I fixed it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 10:44:05 pm by Joxeft »

fika monster

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2022, 08:03:12 am »
+1

good judging!

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2022, 11:52:41 am »
+1

Wow, thank you!

I will get another contest up shortly.

fika monster

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2022, 12:27:27 pm »
+1

I had a cold the last day of this contest and didnt have the energy to update the card further, but i changed it a bit now

How does this look? Now, if you use it on a silver or other +2$ treasure, you have to choose between +4 Cards, +4 Actions, or +4$.

fika monster

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2022, 11:33:23 am »
+1

I had a cold the last day of this contest and didnt have the energy to update the card further, but i changed it a bit now

How does this look? Now, if you use it on a silver or other +2$ treasure, you have to choose between +4 Cards, +4 Actions, or +4$.

Is this better?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 21 queries.