Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Choosing cards with Hunter  (Read 665 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
Choosing cards with Hunter
« on: May 20, 2022, 08:21:18 am »
+2

Is the choosing an atomic action, or do I choose one card (and put it into my hand), then choose one from the remaining cards, etc.?

Example: I reveal Mill, Village and Copper. I don't want to draw the Village. I choose an Action, Mill. I choose a Treasure, Copper. I choose a Victory; there are none (choosing in the order given: Action, Treasure, Victory).
Or do I have to choose all three, since there are one of each type?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 08:25:41 am by Jeebus »

Chappy7

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +661
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing cards with Hunter
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 09:40:33 am »

From what I've experienced so far, you choose one at a time, so you could avoid drawing the Village

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 09:42:19 am »
+1

I would suggest a potential third option, that it's both atomic but you still don't have to draw Village. You can choose the same card multiple times, so in your example where you say "there are none" for Victory, instead it's "I choose Mill" again. Same outcome as choosing one at a time, but a different way of thinking about it.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 04:02:38 pm »

I would suggest a potential third option, that it's both atomic but you still don't have to draw Village. You can choose the same card multiple times, so in your example where you say "there are none" for Victory, instead it's "I choose Mill" again. Same outcome as choosing one at a time, but a different way of thinking about it.

I don't think that's convincing. Usual cards like a Pawn say "(The choice must be different.)" So, cases like below, you cannot deny "putting 3".

You have bought Capitalism. You play a Huter and reveal a Mill, an Opulent Castle, a Stronghold. (Each is Action-Victory-Treasure.)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 04:21:23 pm »

I don't think that's convincing. Usual cards like a Pawn say "(The choice must be different.)" So, cases like below, you cannot deny "putting 3".

You have bought Capitalism. You play a Huter and reveal a Mill, an Opulent Castle, a Stronghold. (Each is Action-Victory-Treasure.)

But in any case, a possible interpretation of the card text is that you put one card at a time into your hand. Then you can avoid putting all 3. EDIT: I meant you can deny putting 3 in my example. In your example (all three cards are Action-Victory-Treasure) you couldn't avoid it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 05:54:22 am by Jeebus »

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 05:36:38 pm »
+6

or do I choose one card (and put it into my hand), then choose one from the remaining cards, etc.?
This is what you do.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.