Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Question for Donald X. or anyone else in the know  (Read 1865 times)

Dargone

• Swindler
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Question for Donald X. or anyone else in the know
« on: May 19, 2022, 03:17:43 pm »
+1

I'm an OG Dominion player and thanks to the new STEAM version have gotten back into the game. Thanks for finally putting a version on STEAM complete with all expansions. I had no idea about the Seaside 2nd edition until yesterday when updating my game!

I found my way back to these forums and have noticed that there is a Prosperity 2nd edition coming soon. I'm very much looking forward to that. My question is - I thought there was talk years ago about an Alchemy 2nd edition? I know Alchemy is the black-sheep of the family; however, I've always liked it. Although, I like all the expansions! Are there plans to revisit Alchemy eventually? Is the plan to create 2nd editions for everything up to Adventures?

Thanks for any and all responses. Take care. 

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: Question for Donald X. or anyone else in the know
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 03:38:26 pm »

Wait, there's Dominion on Steam now?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

vidicate

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: vidicate
  • Something clever goes here
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 03:52:18 pm »
+2

The TGG version is on mobile and Steam. I don’t have it myself. I assume they’re still in beta, because I haven’t heard otherwise this whole time. But yeah it’s been on Steam a while now. Where have you been? ;)
WHERE ARE THE TURTLES?!!! …WHERE ARE THEY?!
-----
Felix: Let's see if you guys are as good as they say.
Grif: Prepare to be sorely disappointed.
-----
Who da man? I da man. I always suspected. -Dr. House

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 03:59:07 pm »
+4

As Donald X. has said elsewhere, the publisher makes these sorts of announcements. But for second editions in particular there aren't likely to be announcements until quite late. You see the second editions couldn't be made until the stock of the first editions sold out. And if people knew about the second edition happening, that might slow or prevent that stock from running out.

To answer your question as best I can, there's been no news of second editions coming out soon beyond Seaside and Prosperity.

vidicate

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 04:00:16 pm »
+1

To @Dargone- yes, now is a great time to get back into Dominion. And the man himself just teased that there is even another expansion slated for fall (Autumn). Though he didn’t say *which* fall.
To answer your question, there hasn’t been any recent buzz about Alchemy that I’m aware of. But I’m just one random dude, so who knows?

Ppedit: ninja’d by LFN
-----
-----

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 04:01:36 pm »
+3

Though he didn’t say *which* fall.

Fall 2022 is the planned release.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 04:03:36 pm »
+1

The TGG version is on mobile and Steam. I don’t have it myself. I assume they’re still in beta, because I haven’t heard otherwise this whole time. But yeah it’s been on Steam a while now. Where have you been? ;)

I only knew about the mobile part.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 04:18:20 pm »
+2

The Steam version has the advantage of not overheating your phone or draining its battery like crazy.

DooWopDJ

• Golem
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2022, 10:01:06 am »

I have seen multiple 'release dates' for Seaside 2E.  It would be nice to have a consistent answer though
The wiki says May 2022 (but was that for online option?)
RioGrande says June 2022 (so June 30 is last date for that option?) - I am going with this option as it is the producer of the games so they would know best?
And LastFootNote says Fall 2022 (although I have not see that source).

dane-m

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dane-m
  • Respect: +196
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2022, 10:21:45 am »
+1

I have seen multiple 'release dates' for Seaside 2E.

No, 2022 was LastFootNote's response to the query about which fall we could expect the new expansion that Donald dropped a big hint about.

vidicate

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2022, 12:40:58 pm »
+2

I have seen multiple 'release dates' for Seaside 2E.  It would be nice to have a consistent answer though
The wiki says May 2022 (but was that for online option?)
RioGrande says June 2022 (so June 30 is last date for that option?) - I am going with this option as it is the producer of the games so they would know best?
Dude, we were definitely not talking about the 2E printings.

To @Dargone- yes, now is a great time to get back into Dominion. And the man himself just teased that there is even another expansion slated for fall (Autumn). Though he didn’t say *which* fall.

I’m also eagerly awaiting the 2E Seaside Update Pack arrival at my FLGS.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 12:42:12 pm by vidicate »
-----
-----

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2022, 03:42:39 pm »

As Donald X. has said elsewhere, the publisher makes these sorts of announcements. But for second editions in particular there aren't likely to be announcements until quite late. You see the second editions couldn't be made until the stock of the first editions sold out. And if people knew about the second edition happening, that might slow or prevent that stock from running out.

To answer your question as best I can, there's been no news of second editions coming out soon beyond Seaside and Prosperity.

if this is true absent some warning about the impending release/price reduction on the current stockpile of notably inferior cards (as per Donald X basically) this is kinda shady IMO.

I mean they are essentially printing $ with the new releases as many hard core dominionites will buy the 2nd edition too.  You might as well fire-sale the old versions not dupe people into buying up the old inferior and soon to be outdated inventory.
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2022, 03:43:39 pm »

The Steam version has the advantage of not overheating your phone or draining its battery like crazy.

Too bad Trumps app doesn't have this tech.  even his app contributes to global warming lol.
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Imrahil3

• Bishop
  • Respect: +210
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2022, 03:49:06 pm »

if this is true absent some warning about the impending release/price reduction on the current stockpile of notably inferior cards (as per Donald X basically) this is kinda shady IMO.

I mean they are essentially printing $ with the new releases as many hard core dominionites will buy the 2nd edition too.  You might as well fire-sale the old versions not dupe people into buying up the old inferior and soon to be outdated inventory.

I don’t think it’s some huge travesty to accidentally get 1E cards. They were fine enough cards when we all bought them even if we later discovered they were bad.

Donald is already going out of his way to save us money by making these second editions instead of new expansions - which I’m not sure I track with because the only people who care one way or another are those who will have to buy update packs anyways but hey, I’m not complaining.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 03:50:21 pm by Imrahil3 »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2022, 04:16:30 pm »
+6

Well I think the alternative is to not do second editions. Or I guess to wait until a set sells out, then start developing the second edition for it, test it, lay it out, print it, and ship it. And during that 6-12 month gap, lots of people complain that the expansion isn't available. Somehow I'm guessing the publisher isn't rushing to do that.

And as others have said, the first editions aren't awful. It's not like people are being tricked into buying something bad. There are plenty of rave reviews for the old expansions that remain perfectly valid. And some may even prefer the first editions.

As for a fire sale, who's eating that cost?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.