Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Fan Mechanics Week #37: The Best Things come in Threes  (Read 2945 times)

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5159
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Mechanics Week #37: The Best Things come in Threes
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2022, 10:49:40 am »
+1

Thanks for the win!

Actually, this was my first time participating in the Fan Mechanics contest. I don't have I good overview of what was already done here, so if anyone has a good idea for the next contest I'm all ears.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1453
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2022, 11:33:35 am »
+1

Thanks for the win!

Actually, this was my first time participating in the Fan Mechanics contest. I don't have I good overview of what was already done here, so if anyone has a good idea for the next contest I'm all ears.

I've kept a running list of all of the past contests here. In the OP suggesting the contest, scolapasta pointed to spineflu's Atlas of Fan Card Mechanics as a good place to find ideas for fan mechanics to use (unless you want to use one of your own creation).
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
  • Respect: +640
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2022, 01:28:57 pm »

Thanks for the win!

The first few times I participated I half-hoped I wouldn't win, as I had no idea what to do by way of a fan mechanic. Then I got sucked in.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5159
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2022, 02:16:18 pm »
+2

Thanks for the win!

The first few times I participated I half-hoped I wouldn't win, as I had no idea what to do by way of a fan mechanic. Then I got sucked in.
We'll see how that goes for me  :D At least, I created my own fan mechanic now, the new contest is up.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
  • Respect: +640
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2022, 05:50:27 am »
+1

I've just realised, very belatedly, that my definition of Trefoil cards was any cards from trefoil piles, even if they are not Action cards. For some reason when I was judging this I had it in my head that Trefoil cards meant only Action cards from those piles.

So now I get why emtzalex put "Action or Treasure" on their entry! At the time I just thought it was clunky and unnecessary - sorry!

Meanwhile some of the other entries implicitly assumed that all Trefoil cards were playable.

I wonder if it would be better if I changed the Trefoil mechanism itself to specify that Trefoil cards are Action cards from trefoil piles. That would probably make the design space better.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.