Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Master of Puppets: A mini fan-expansion  (Read 397 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1686
    • View Profile
Master of Puppets: A mini fan-expansion
« on: May 09, 2022, 10:33:40 pm »
+2

A mini-expansion themed with the idea of playing cards without spending an action.

I'm introducing a new keyword for these cards: "If Puppeted" means "If you didn't spend an Action to play this".

The first one I made that started the idea:
Puppeteer
$5 - Action - Attack
+$2
Each other player reveals their hand and plays a non-attack, non-reserve Action or Treasure from it that you choose. If they then have less than 5 cards in hand, they get +1 Card.
Heirloom: Puppet.
Puppet
$2 - Action - Heirloom
If Puppeted, +2 Cards. You may discard 2 cards to play an Action card from your hand.
The player whose turn it is gets +$1 and +1 Buy.

Marionette
$4 - Action - Reaction
Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal an Action. If you revealed any Treasures, put one in your hand. Discard the other cards and play the revealed Action.
-
When another player plays an Attack, you may first set this aside to play this at the start of your next turn.

Golden Strings
$3 - Action
You may discard a card to replay the previous Action card you played this turn if it's still in play. If you don't, +1 Action and +$1.
If Puppeted, +1 Card.
FAQ: If you replay a Golden Strings with Golden Strings, it always has the "If you don't" effect because that Golden Strings is the previous Action card you played. A second Golden Strings can't play the Action before that again.

Stage Director
$5 - Action
If Puppeted, discard up to 2 cards.
Draw up to six cards in hand. Reveal and play the top card of your deck. If it has no play effect (if it's not an Action, Treasure, or Night card), you may take your -$1 token to replay this.
(It uses the -$1 token so you can't replay it more than once. I'm aware it can go infinite with the +$1 token, but you can't do much with that, so I don't think it matters much.)

Ventriloquist
$4 - Action - Command
If Puppeted, +2 Cards. Otherwise, +1 Card.
You may put an Action card from your hand on your Tavern mat. You may play a non-Reserve, non-command Action card from your Tavern mat, leaving it there.
I've seen several fan-made cards similar to this. I thought I'd try one of my own.

A couple older cards of mine that go well with these:
Doorkeeper
$3 - Action - Victory
Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck. Play one of them and discard the other. If you played a victory card, +$1.
-
Worth 1 VP.

Mysterious Door
$2 - Action
The player to your left discards the bottom card of their deck. If it's an action card, play it, leaving it there.
Otherwise if it's... a victory card, +2 Cards; anything else, +$2.

Bartender
$4 - Action
+2 Cards.
You may put an Action card from your hand onto your Tavern mat.
-
In games using this, at the start of your turn, you may call a non-reserve card on your tavern mat, to play it.
(Yeah, this and Ventriloquist are pretty similar. But I think having one put the card into play and one leave the cards on the mat is difference enough to have both exist.)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.134 seconds with 20 queries.