Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Quickly get more than 100 VP without Victory cards or tokens  (Read 573 times)

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1453
    • View Profile
Quickly get more than 100 VP without Victory cards or tokens
« on: April 25, 2022, 05:03:24 pm »

Here's the challenge:

End the game on Turn 6, with more than 100 Victory points, while having no Victory cards and no Victory tokens.

What cards/landscapes need to be in a Kingdom to pull this off, and what strategy should you use?

Additional Rules:
  • In terms of luck in drawing/shuffling, my solution needs only to (a) open $3/$4 (or $4/$3); and (b) hit $5 on turn 3.
  • If both of those things happen, a player can end the game and get more than 100 VP with no Victory cards or Victory tokens on turn 6.
  • Put another way, once a player has turns hitting $3, $4, and $5, three turns later they can pull off the combo and end the game with 100 plus VP (unless another player executes the combo first).
  • The kingdom should follow the official rules/guidelines of no more than 2 WELPs (no more than 1 Way) plus if there is a Liaison in the Kingdom, an Ally (in addition to the 2 other landscapes).
  • While the solution gets you 100VP+ without Victory cards/tokens, not buying Victory cards is not necessarily the optimal strategy; if you were playing this game for real, you might buy Victory cards.
I'm not sure if my solution is the best/only way to do this, and will be curious what others come up with.
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Quickly get more than 100 VP without Victory cards or tokens
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 03:52:46 am »

You can probably take this empty-the-supply-on-turn-1-without-shuffle-luck solution, replace Pixie with Black Market, put Pixie, Importer(Crafters' Guild), Baker and Young Witch(Tracker) in the Black Market deck and replace Alms with Tower to end the game on turn 1 with more than 100 VP without Victory cards or tokens. I'm not 100% sure that the first Cavalry getting topdecked instead of gained to the discard isn't a problem, but I assume it should help if anything, and we've freed up a kingdom card slot and gotten a free coffer too.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.