Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Donate and Baths at end of turn  (Read 818 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
Donate and Baths at end of turn
« on: April 02, 2022, 08:25:01 am »
+1

Now that Donate happens at the end of your turn, it's possible to gain a card in this window. I guess it's obvious where this is going. Baths says "When you end your turn without having gained a card".

I always assumed Baths triggered at the end of your turn, like Save, Faithful Hound and (now) Donate. If so, it's possible to get VP tokens from Baths before gaining a card during Donate. Or if that's not possible, I guess it means that Baths trigger after your turn (before extra turns presumably)?

dz

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: DZ
  • Respect: +345
    • View Profile
Re: Donate and Baths at end of turn
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 11:43:05 am »

You can get VP from Baths even if you gain a card from Donate.

I guess the weird thing about Baths is that "when you end your turn without having gained card" ≠ "at the end of your turn, if you didn't gain a card this turn." So if you buy Donate and end your turn without gaining a card, then trash a Catacombs, then resolve Baths, you'd still get 2VP. Idk why anyone would order Baths after Donate though, so this is not a very relevant edge case.

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 11:52:50 am »

I guess the weird thing about Baths is that "when you end your turn without having gained card" ≠ "at the end of your turn, if you didn't gain a card this turn." So if you buy Donate and end your turn without gaining a card, then trash a Catacombs, then resolve Baths, you'd still get 2VP. Idk why anyone would order Baths after Donate though, so this is not a very relevant edge case.

It's relevant because if Baths actually checks after your turn is over, you cannot get 2 VP if you trash Catacombs.

But how do you know how it's supposed to work?

dz

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: DZ
  • Respect: +345
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 12:05:47 pm »
+1

It's relevant because if Baths actually checks after your turn is over, you cannot get 2 VP if you trash Catacombs.

But how do you know how it's supposed to work?

I'm just going off of this, when DXV said that Baths is timed at the same time as other end-of-turn effects like Save: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16860.msg674518#msg674518. Ok yes they say "tentatively," and the Outpost/Mountain Pass thing is wrong (even before the MP errata), but there are no other posts in that thread, so what else are we going off of. Even without DXV's post, any reading that suggests Baths checks your turn after Donating is bizarre to me.

And I know the online version is susceptible to bugs and stuff, but Baths already auto-resolves before Donate.

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2022, 01:09:11 pm »

I'm just going off of this, when DXV said that Baths is timed at the same time as other end-of-turn effects like Save: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16860.msg674518#msg674518. Ok yes they say "tentatively," and the Outpost/Mountain Pass thing is wrong (even before the MP errata), but there are no other posts in that thread, so what else are we going off of. Even without DXV's post, any reading that suggests Baths checks your turn after Donating is bizarre to me.

And I know the online version is susceptible to bugs and stuff, but Baths already auto-resolves before Donate.

I had completely forgotten about that thread. I guess it's not tentative anymore after so many years?

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 02:12:58 pm »
+4

Yes all end-of-turn stuff is timed the same, so you can resolve Baths and then resolve Donate and trash a Catacombs and yeeha.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.