Meta > Feedback

undo abuse

(1/2) > >>

rocallahan:
I've played 1882 rated games and today for the first time I encountered "undo abuse" --- I was winning against a much higher rated player (dominionfan458), they requested an undo, I reflexively granted it because I always do, but their undo rolled back to the start of the game :-(.

This seems grossly unfair. Of course I'll block them, but is there something else that could be done, e.g. prevent undos that want to replay entire games?

Wizard_Amul:
Unfortunately I don’t think you can really do something about this that would make sense—sometimes you take a long series of moves with no new information, and I think you should be able to undo many steps. It’s up to you to you to deny or accept any undo. Sometimes people may try to do a long undo to attempt to cheat, but I wonder how common that is; sometimes, maybe more likely with a new interface, you are trying to do something else in the menu and accidentally ask for a long undo, so it could be accidental.

silverspawn:
Doesn't the interface tell you how many undos are requested?

Zombie13:

--- Quote from: silverspawn on March 17, 2022, 08:14:33 am ---Doesn't the interface tell you how many undos are requested?

--- End quote ---

It does, I believe, but it sounds like OP just saw the undo prompt and didn't register how large it would be before they accepted it. 

silverspawn:
Yeah, I totally get how that happens, but it does mean that the abuse is preventable in theory

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version