Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Enterprise  (Read 412292 times)

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Enterprise (Beta)
« Reply #1175 on: August 14, 2016, 01:23:16 am »
+1

Are you going to test cards with Simulators? It would really be worth testing cards that might work well with Big Money like Dignitary, Harbor, Convoy etc. I also suspect that BM-Conclave might be one of the non terminals that works with BM (like Ironmonger and Magpie); even before you're using it to draw 3 cards you can pick the Treasure that helps you reach the price point you need.

In fact quite a few cards that are good at helping you nail particular price points without excess (the aforementioned cards, as well as Fund) which is what makes coin tokens, BM-Gear and BM-Courtyard so strong.

navical

• Golem
  • Respect: +268
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 14, 2016, 04:43:19 am »
+3

I've done some simulation testing on Enterprise (part of a bigger project that's currently on hiatus due to thesis), Dignitary-BM is very good, significantly better than Smithy-BM iirc. I don't remember about any of the other cards.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 15, 2016, 03:30:44 am »
+1

Something that just came to me based on 2 of your outtakes

Refurbish
Action - $4
Gain a Silver
Look through your discard pile. Choose one card from it and either trash it, or put it on your deck.
---
While this is in play, Silver produces an extra $1

And another that just came to mind (not a big fan of making single card-shaped thing topics)

Partnership
Event - $5
Gain a Silver if you have none in play
Move your Silver token to an Action supply pile costing $4 or less (during your Action phase, you may play Silver as if it's a copy of that card instead)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 22, 2016, 06:04:27 pm »
+3

Fountain
2 Delve
3 Banquet

2 Auction
3 Floodgate
3 Tinker
3 Tunnel
4 Refurbish (+1 Buy; you may trash a card from your hand to gain a Silver / while this is in play, Silver produces an extra $1)
5 Almoner
5 Haggler
5 Highway
5 Ill-Gotten Gains
5 Inn

7 Inheritance
Wall
Wolf Den

0 Redistrict
3 Amulet
3 Guide
4 Messenger
4 Stockpile
5 Bladesmith
5 Distant Lands
5 General
5 Vendor (+1 Card; +1 Action; +$1; may pay Trade token to discard hand and draw 5 / when gain, take Trade token)
5 Wine Merchant

Couple of games on Friday. They went well! I'm not sure whether Almoner's new name helped remind people that they could gain a Copper to hand, since I reminded them anyway every time I played one. One of the other players got some too, but it was late and I'm not sure they ever played one.

The new Refurbish seems good. It's nice to have another +1 Buy card in the set. It looks strong to my players, but seems totally reasonable to me so far.

All the other older stuff seems good, too. I got a few copies of good cards off of Stockpile, which was especially important with Wolf Den in the game.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 23, 2016, 09:50:36 am »
+1

I once had a native village/refurbish megaturn, buying 3 provinces, 4 duchies and an estate beating my opponent with one vp point. That
Was glorious.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 23, 2016, 10:21:08 pm »
+1

Is Refurbish good without an enabler? Delve would have been huge for it. The card strikes me as weak but if it's good in situations where it's supposed to be strong then it's a successful card.

I'd like to see if BM-Refurbish works.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 24, 2016, 02:59:19 pm »

I once had a native village/refurbish megaturn, buying 3 provinces, 4 duchies and an estate beating my opponent with one vp point. That
Was glorious.

Nice.

Is Refurbish good without an enabler? Delve would have been huge for it. The card strikes me as weak but if it's good in situations where it's supposed to be strong then it's a successful card.

I'd like to see if BM-Refurbish works.

The old version of Refurbish certainly wasn't strong without an enabler. The old version being:

Refurbish: Action, $3
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a Silver.

While this is in play, Silver produces an extra $1.

So it didn't have +1 Buy and the trashing and gaining were mandatory. I doubt this version does much better in a Big Money-Refurbish deck.

Normally the enablers you want are things that increase your hand size, but gaining a ton of Silver (with e.g. Delve) can also work.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: September 21, 2016, 03:15:05 pm »

Would something like This work as art for Study?
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: September 21, 2016, 03:19:26 pm »

Refurbish, as is, is a good card. Even just to change estates into silvers. Not great; but good enough.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: September 30, 2016, 12:47:48 pm »
+1

Would something like This work as art for Study?

For the people who prefer this type of art.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

MattLee

• Spy
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: December 26, 2016, 10:07:19 am »
+6

Games get really odd when we have 4 or more of them passing them back and forth. The one shot chancellor effect is is a cool idea but its not enough for me. I might try making a passing card too eventually, its a simple new idea with lots of space to work in.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 01:36:40 am by MattLee »

LittleFish

• Tactician
  • Respect: +188
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 18, 2019, 04:11:46 pm »

Refurbish: Action, $4  ★★★☆☆
+1 Buy
You may trash a card from your hand to gain a Silver.

It's coppersmith for silvers, but stronger. if it only had the "coppersmith effect" it would still be worth because the silvers would hurt your deck less then more coppers

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 18, 2019, 05:33:46 pm »
+2

+1 Buy

It's coppersmith for silvers, but stronger. if it only had the "coppersmith effect" it would still be worth because the silvers would hurt your deck less then more coppers

What you are missing is that you start with 7 Coppers and 0 Silvers. That means that if you buy a Coppersmith right away for , you already have 7 cards that it works on. It is pretty likely that the first time you play that Coppersmith, it will give you + or even +. Refurbish's Silver-boosting effect will take a while to be worth it. The first several times you play one, you probably aren't even going to get to play a Silver that turn.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:40:37 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LittleFish

• Tactician
  • Respect: +188
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 20, 2019, 10:53:11 am »

the floodgate image is gone

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 21, 2019, 11:10:10 am »
+3

Note: I'm archiving the old OP as it's been for the last several years, for posterity.

Over four years in the making (so far), here is the current form of my Enterprise expansion. It is designed to be a 300-card set, containing 25 Kingdom cards and at least one ancillary card. Right now it's in a bit of a state of flux, since I haven't gotten as much testing it as I would like to. This is what it looks like now, though, for some values of "now".

Its main theme is "effects with limited uses". This means there are a few one-shots and a few optional one-shots (à la Mining Village). The set also introduces Trade tokens, which you usually get when you gain a card and can use to boost that card when you play it. There are a few other cards that approach the concept of a one-shot in a creative way. Finally, there's a Treasures subtheme and a few off-theme cards.

The number of stars after each card name indicates how much testing the card has gotten. More black stars = more testing. Generally if a card has a bunch of stars, I'm happy with it or I would have scrapped it by now. Cards with more white stars need much more testing before I can make a judgment.

Kingdom Cards

Redistrict: Action, $0  ★★★☆☆
Choose a card in your hand. Trash it and gain a card costing exactly $1 more than it. You may trash this. If you do, gain a card costing exactly $2 more than the chosen card.

Auction: Treasure–Reaction, $2  ★★★☆☆
+1 Buy
When you play this, discard your hand. Worth $1 per card discarded.

When another player plays an Attack card, you may discard this and another Treasure, to gain a Gold.

Jubilee: Action, $2  ★★★★☆
+2 Actions
+$2
You may pay a Trade token. If you don't, set this aside, and return it to the Supply at the start of Clean-up.

When you gain this, take a Trade token.

Wanderer: Action, $2  ★★☆☆☆
+4 Cards
The player to your left gains this.

When you buy this, put your deck into your discard pile.

Charlatan: Action–Attack–Duration, $3  ★★☆☆☆
+1 Action
Now and at the start of your next turn, +$1. Until your next turn, each other player must use all of their Buys during their Buy phase.

Convoy: Action, $3  ★★☆☆☆
+3 Cards
Discard a card. You may pay a Trade token, to play this again.

Floodgate: Victory, $3  ★★★★☆
Worth 2 VP.

When you gain this, aside up to 4 cards from your hand. At the start of your next turn, put them into your hand.

Gambler: Action, $3  ★★★★★
+1 Card
+1 Action
Look at the top card of your deck and choose one: Trash that card; or put that card into your hand and trash this.

Tinker: Action, $3  ★★★☆☆
+$1
Trash 2 cards from your hand. You may pay a Trade token, to gain a card costing up to their total cost.

Dignitary: Action–Reaction, $4  ★★★☆☆
+2 Cards
+$2
Put 2 cards from your hand onto your deck.

When another player plays an Attack card, you may discard this, to trash a card from your hand, then draw 2 cards.

Profiteer: Action, $4  ★★☆☆☆
Gain a Gold onto your deck. Each other player gains an Armament from the Armament pile.

Stockpile: Treasure, $4  ★★★☆☆
Worth $1
When you play this, you may pay a Trade token, to gain a copy of a card you have in play. Otherwise, take a Trade token.

Terrace: Action, $4  ★★★★☆
+1 Card
+2 Actions
You may pay a Trade token, to discard your hand and draw 5 Cards.

Almoner: Action, $5  ★★★★☆
Discard any number of cards, then draw until you have 7 cards in hand. Each other player may gain a Copper to their hand.

Bladesmith: Action, $5  ★★★☆☆
Gain an Armament from the Armament pile to your hand.

Conclave: Action, $5  ★★★☆☆
+1 Action
Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. From those cards, put an Action card, a Treasure, and a Victory card into your hand. Put the rest back in any order.

Fund: Treasure, $5  ★★★☆☆
Worth $2
+1 Buy
When you play this, you may trash it, to gain a Silver to your hand.

General: Action, $5  ★★★☆☆
You may play an Action card from your hand twice. When you discard that card from play, you may put it onto your deck.

Harbor: Action, $5  ★★★☆☆
Look at the top 3 cards of your deck. Put any number of them into your hand. Put the rest back in any order. +$1 per card you put back.

Vendor: Action, $5  ★★☆☆☆
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
Look through your discard pile. You may pay a token, to put a card from it into your hand.

Study: Action–Duration, $6  ★☆☆☆☆
+$3
During your next turn, when you play an Action card, first draw until you have 5 cards in hand.

Ancillary (Non-Kingdom) Cards

Armament: Treasure–Attack, $4*  ★★★☆☆
Worth $2
When you play this, if you have another Attack card in play, return this to the Armament pile and each other player gains a Curse.
(This is not in the Supply.)

Outtakes
These cards don't fit into Enterprise anymore, but most of them were balanced and all had their fans. A version of Conclave was cut for balanced reasons, and the tweaked version is here since I haven't tested it myself yet.

Mill Town: Action, $3  ★★★★☆
+1 Card
+2 Actions
Discard a card. You may reveal your hand, to gain a card costing up to $1 per Copper in your hand.
+1 Buy

Barter: Action, $5  ★★★☆☆
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. Gain a card costing up to $2 more than it. You may pay a Trade token to put the gained card into your hand.

When you buy this, take a Trade token per Silver you have in play.

Phew, that's all the cards. Again, I'd like to thank rinkworks for his encouragement during this set's first few baby steps. My, how far we've come. I'd like to thank lympi for helping me learn how to mock up card images. I'd especially like to thank those of you who have playtested my cards and given me feedback. This set would not be as good as it is today without you! I will continue to strive to improve it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:20:28 pm by LastFootnote »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 20 queries.