Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: "Repeat as desired" (Cave Dwellers, Desert Guides, Market Towns)  (Read 1068 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
+3

This is one ability, right? So after using Cave Dwellers once, you can't call a Guide and then use Cave Dwellers again? Rather, if you want to use Cave Dwellers several times you have to do it consecutively? It reads like that, but I just want to make sure.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
Re: "Repeat as desired" (Cave Dwellers, Desert Guides, Market Towns)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 01:38:54 pm »
+7

This is one ability, right? So after using Cave Dwellers once, you can't call a Guide and then use Cave Dwellers again? Rather, if you want to use Cave Dwellers several times you have to do it consecutively? It reads like that, but I just want to make sure.
Yes you do all of your Cave Dwelling at once.

ephesos

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ephesos
  • Respect: +291
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 04:04:33 pm »

Do you have to spend all the Favors at the start of your turn, or can you spend Favors that you might have gained from using the Ally?

e.g. can activate Market Towns with your last Favor, play an Underling, gain a Favor, and then use Market Towns to play another Underling?

Also, if you don't have any Favors at the start of your turn, but gain them from other start of turn effects (Prince/Captain/etc.), can you then activate Cave Dwellers/Desert Guides? Or do you miss out on the trigger because you had no Favors to use it with when it triggered?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 05:03:48 pm »
+3

e.g. can activate Market Towns with your last Favor, play an Underling, gain a Favor, and then use Market Towns to play another Underling?

Seems clear to me that you can. When executing the instruction “repeat as desired”, you have a favor to spend. No reason that it would matter when or how you got that favor.

Also, if you don't have any Favors at the start of your turn, but gain them from other start of turn effects (Prince/Captain/etc.), can you then activate Cave Dwellers/Desert Guides? Or do you miss out on the trigger because you had no Favors to use it with when it triggered?

I would assume so… same as any other “at the start of your turn” effects; you choose the order.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 03:06:02 pm »
+2

If you get a favor token during the resolution of a "repeat as desired" ability, you can use it on the next iteration.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.306 seconds with 20 queries.