Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lich skipping turns  (Read 815 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
Lich skipping turns
« on: March 10, 2022, 10:24:57 am »

Do you also skip turns that aren't set up yet when you play Lich? So if I play Outpost, then Lich and then Voyage, can I choose to skip the Voyage turn instead of the Outpost turn?

I assume yes; Lich sets up a future "skip a turn" ability, and when you resolve it, you choose which turn to skip. When do you make that choice though? I guess it's in-between turns.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Lich skipping turns
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 10:30:52 am »
+2

when you resolve it, you choose which turn to skip. When do you make that choice though? I guess it's in-between turns.

I would assume slightly differently than this... I agree with the main part, that it can skip a turn that hasn't been set up yet, but I don't think you get to "choose which turn to skip" so much as you choose which turn you're about to start (simply by ordering Voyage vs Outpost as you desire), and then Lich automatically skips the next turn that would otherwise happen. So Lich isn't giving you a new choice, it's the same choice you always had to make when you played Outpost and Voyage on the same turn.

(The reasoning here is that if you could choose which turn to skip, rather than automatically skipping the very next turn, then you could also choose a turn that would happen 10 turns from now).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 10:34:13 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 10:47:21 am »

when you resolve it, you choose which turn to skip. When do you make that choice though? I guess it's in-between turns.

I would assume slightly differently than this... I agree with the main part, that it can skip a turn that hasn't been set up yet, but I don't think you get to "choose which turn to skip" so much as you choose which turn you're about to start (simply by ordering Voyage vs Outpost as you desire), and then Lich automatically skips the next turn that would otherwise happen. So Lich isn't giving you a new choice, it's the same choice you always had to make when you played Outpost and Voyage on the same turn.

(The reasoning here is that if you could choose which turn to skip, rather than automatically skipping the very next turn, then you could also choose a turn that would happen 10 turns from now).

Right, I wrote this in the preview thread, where I had already stated what you're saying. Writing this question I just assumed that was how we interpret Lich. I wrote it in short-form here.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 02:17:52 pm »
+4

Do you also skip turns that aren't set up yet when you play Lich? So if I play Outpost, then Lich and then Voyage, can I choose to skip the Voyage turn instead of the Outpost turn?

I assume yes; Lich sets up a future "skip a turn" ability, and when you resolve it, you choose which turn to skip. When do you make that choice though? I guess it's in-between turns.
Yes, when you have a choice of extra turns to take, you pick one, and then Lich skips it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.