Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Highwayman - first played Treasure (Capitalism, Villa)  (Read 1228 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
Highwayman - first played Treasure (Capitalism, Villa)
« on: March 10, 2022, 10:04:48 am »
+5

Something else that was asked: Opponent has played Highwayman. You play a Festival, you play no Treasures, you buy Capitalism and then Villa. The Festival you played is now a Treasure. Does it count as the first Treasure you played?

It wasn't a Treasure when you played it, so based on previous rulings for Treasure Map and old Band of Misfits, I assume the answer is no.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
Re: Highwayman - first played Treasure (Capitalism, Villa)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 03:28:28 pm »
+9

Something else that was asked: Opponent has played Highwayman. You play a Festival, you play no Treasures, you buy Capitalism and then Villa. The Festival you played is now a Treasure. Does it count as the first Treasure you played?

It wasn't a Treasure when you played it, so based on previous rulings for Treasure Map and old Band of Misfits, I assume the answer is no.
Tentatively no.

For sure we won't reach back in time and stop the Festival from working. The question then is just, did Highwayman miss its chance. Since it wasn't a treasure when you played it, I'm saying no. Highwayman can still hit the first treasure you play that's a treasure when you play it.

If an opponent plays Highwayman during your turn, after you play a Silver, then Highwayman missed that Silver, and doesn't get to hit another Silver to come.

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 01:09:25 am »
+7

Okay okay okay so... if my first Treasure on a turn is Relic, let's say, and my opponent reacts with Caravan Guard via Way of the Mouse playing Vassal which hits Highwayman, does that stop my Relic from working? The Highwayman gets played before the Relic's abilities would be activated, so I'm assuming yes; fortunately this is never gonna happen.

This is fun!

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 03:45:35 am »
+1

Okay okay okay so... if my first Treasure on a turn is Relic, let's say, and my opponent reacts with Caravan Guard via Way of the Mouse playing Vassal which hits Highwayman, does that stop my Relic from working? The Highwayman gets played before the Relic's abilities would be activated, so I'm assuming yes; fortunately this is never gonna happen.

This is fun!

Based on Donald's ruling about Enchantress, yes. Reactions trigger first, and then Enchantress/Highwayman (when you would resolve the played card).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.