Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FYI Raise min Card Pool level to 2 to "Wait for Expansion" in new layout  (Read 1073 times)

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile

All in all, I Like most of the new layout of the site and game board.  It still feels a little weird at times, but I think it is overall an upgrade.

see below

However, I have a gripe with the new automatch board.  The "wait for expansions" button disappeared, unless I have gone insane and just don't see it/they moved it somewhere else.   I actually enjoyed the "waiting for expansion" 5-20 minute block of time and only dropped my multi-year subscription to stop playing so much dominion and sneak in some work while I was waiting for matches. Frankly, after so many years I am just tired of base and would rather wait until another user with a subscription is needing someone to play than repeatedly get in base games hoping to maybe match someone with expansions. This has also led to a ton of people who "expansion hunt" where they sign up for a game and if it isn't they just bail.  I've had times where this will happen like 5-6 times in a row. It's kind of annoying.

Here's hoping they bring it back.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 04:30:17 pm by Honkeyfresh »
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

traces Around

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: tracer
  • Respect: +437
    • View Profile
Re: The New Layout Lacks the "wait for expansions" button?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 03:26:50 pm »

Setting your min card pool level to 5 is equivalent to the previous wait for expansions

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
Re: The New Layout Lacks the "wait for expansions" button?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 03:42:57 pm »

Setting your min card pool level to 5 is equivalent to the previous wait for expansions

Ooooh  thanks.  I didn't even notice that there was a minimum level on that part.  It actually seems that just setting the minimum level to 2 invokes a "waiting for subscription" message.  Does that mean that you never play with cards below that level though?  How does a minimum level work?  I would imagine 2 minimum and 10 maximum will give the broadest range?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 03:45:16 pm by Honkeyfresh »
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

vidicate

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: vidicate
  • Something clever goes here
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile

The range you use is not for including more cards, but only for purposes of auto-matching with someone who has selected a range that overlaps yours. The match will be at the highest shared level from all players’ preferred ranges, e.g. 5. In this case the game would include random cards from all levels 1 through 5.
WHERE ARE THE TURTLES?!!! …WHERE ARE THEY?!
-----
Felix: Let's see if you guys are as good as they say.
Grif: Prepare to be sorely disappointed.
-----
Who da man? I da man. I always suspected. -Dr. House
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.