Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 107278 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1025 on: March 10, 2022, 05:50:25 am »

My main read at the moment is that MiX has very contradictory positions. Also that he is missing and misrepresenting things a lot. I feel like he is scum tying me up in WIFOM knots.

What am I missing and what am I misrepresenting?

Do you not have townreads or other scumreads?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 10, 2022, 05:59:15 am »

Vote count please!

I was going to make one, but there hasn't been any official vote count yet, so might as well ask for one.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 10, 2022, 06:03:33 am »

Bleh. Rereading D1, and of course the way scola enters the thread means he's town. I should've put so much more effort into this game...

While I'm here:

Where is everybody?

I can't speak for everybody.  But personally... way too busy in RL, and completely lost in-game.  It almost still feels like another D1 without any scum flips yet.  "I think because this person voted here..." and "my gut tells me..." and "it seems like XX and YY are partnering/buddying/sheeping/etc." is about all I can come up with.  And I don't have time to dig into it deeper.

So where am I at?  At the moment...

MiX and Didds look a bit scummy from how I felt they had minor interactions D1 (I mean when I read them "live" through D1, not looking back at their D1 now in D3 which I haven't done and don't have time to do).

Swowl has been contributing a bit, but I don't recall anything useful that stood out, so it sort of feels like lurking... could be scummy, but I have no idea.

Galz has been very non-existent, like scola was... does that make him scummy?  I don't know.

joth still seems quite scummy to me, as most of his posts seem to be things I think (and avoid posting) when I'm scum, but others seem to be town-reading him for the exact things I think make him scummy.

EFHW and fang, I haven't really had a read on either way all game.

gkrieg has felt townie to me all game, which I recognize is mostly because he has been quite vocal about saying he thinks I'm town, and I know that's confirmation bias, and scum would definitely know I'm town, so I don't really know where that leaves me on him, but I sure hope he's town.

This is one post that for me points to Didds/math/gkrieg. Of course math would scumread Didds, and of course math would townread gkrieg. This makes perfect sense given what the dynamic in the scum chat probably is. The longer explanation for his gkrieg read also pings me a lot.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 10, 2022, 06:06:34 am »

My main read at the moment is that MiX has very contradictory positions. Also that he is missing and misrepresenting things a lot. I feel like he is scum tying me up in WIFOM knots.

What am I missing and what am I misrepresenting?

Do you not have townreads or other scumreads?

Here are three things:
- "not counting joth since his vote was recent at the time"; joth joined the e wagon 5 days (IRL) before the vote count that you're referring to.
- "Didds [looks terrible] but mostly from a "if Galzria is town" perspective"; but then when I asked it's just Galzria more scummy than Didds.
- you seem to be ignoring Galzria's D1 vote on mathdude, who was on your "probably scum" list along with Didds.

I don't want to say more about my scumreads at the moment.

PPE 1

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 10, 2022, 06:08:13 am »

I'm guessing this is all "hi I'm MiX I'm really not paying attention to this game, hey even when I'm doing some detailed VCA I'm missing things all the time"...

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 10, 2022, 06:11:26 am »

I'm guessing this is all "hi I'm MiX I'm really not paying attention to this game, hey even when I'm doing some detailed VCA I'm missing things all the time"...

Do note I'm literally only looking at the votes. I don't have context for them. That explains the joth thing...but hey, Galz and Dylan were on e for longer, right?

Whereas for Galz, yeah, if he's scum then math isn't, but that's not very useful when I don't know either's alignment.

Is your only vocal scumread me? That's pretty bad.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 10, 2022, 06:16:01 am »

I think I've been vocal about others also (Didds and mathdude at least), but I don't want to say my current position on them.

You got it vocally because you asked.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 10, 2022, 06:22:39 am »

But I think your ongoing analysis etc is good and useful, and you answered my questions about e, that was helpful. I didn't want to get into an argument, just couldn't resist it when you asked me to share my reads.

There's stuff I want to ask Didds and mathdude, and I'm waiting with baited breath for what Galzria may (or may not) come up with.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1033 on: March 10, 2022, 06:26:23 am »

Didds, what do you make of mathdude's post #988 here:

I'd like to understand mathdude's complete turnaround on Didds in #776.

Swowl asked it well just afterwards:
3. How does WCD move into your "will not vote" category from "voting didds" if you "do not read them as more towny than before?"... when you were voting them?
... but got no answer as far as I can see.

I asked again later, and the best answer I got was that exiling scola would be more informative. Which seemed unlikely.

So... what's the real reason mathdude?

I think I know the real reason. (It's that they're scum partners together).

Oh no, you've caught us! Now who is the 3rd?

Really though... Didds, I do hope you're town, even though I still think you're somewhat scummy. Because if you're scum, and people stick with this pairing, then I think you've won the game.  (If they exile me, see I'm town, then they'll IC you... if they exile you and see you're scum, then they'll misexile me).

But to address the original question from fang today (and commenting about fang and Swowl questions yesterday)... it feels like you think I had a hard scum-read of Didds D1 and switched to strongly town-reading her D2. Go read again... I think you're trying to create a connection that isn't there, so you're stretching things.

D1 I believe I was mostly scum-reading MiX and e, but not likely together. But I got a sense that Didds and MiX were a bit partner-y so she was someone I was leery on as well. Then start of D2, others seemed to jump on Didds and I had no other reads at the very start of the day (don't remember if I actually voted or not).

But as D2 went on, I got more scum pings from joth and scola (in the few posts he did make)... so they both jumped ahead of Didds (who hadn't done anything to change my read on her of "sort of scummy"). And toward the end of D2, with the strong opinions on the others, I thought it would be more useful if scola or joth flipped scum than if Didds did  (all 3 of which I thought was still a good possibility).

You've posted since then, but not made any comment on this very weird looking post which addresses you quite a bit.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 10, 2022, 07:48:55 am »

For those looking at Didds/math/gk and wondering why it doesn't make sense... it's because math isn't scum. Try Didds/gk/Galz. Try Didds/gk/MiX. Try Didds/Galz/MiX. Try other combos.
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: March 10, 2022, 08:55:21 am »

For those looking at Didds/math/gk and wondering why it doesn't make sense... it's because math isn't scum. Try Didds/gk/Galz. Try Didds/gk/MiX. Try Didds/Galz/MiX. Try other combos.

Hmmm..  interesting.  I am caught up now, and those folks are among my would exile today.  Specifically math >gkrieg> Galzy > Mix.  I cannot see myself voting for anyone other than that group. I realize that is like half the game, but there's lots of scum so it tracks.

vote: Mathdude
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 10, 2022, 10:57:56 am »

Well, I went back to see how much people have been posting, to make sure I wasn't missing other people who haven't helped out much.  These post-counts were done manually, and do not account for actual content (like word counts... where's space when you need him?), but maybe there will be something useful here.

Number listed are D1 posts, D2 posts, and D3 posts so far

MiX: 53, 31, 15
Swowl: 32, 19, 8
Galz: 9, 11, 2
math: 26, 26, 8
EFHW: 46, 35, 13
Didds: 50, 43, 15
joth: 49, 35, 12
gkrieg: 30, 35, 7
fang: 76, 71, 22

But that accounts for a lot of double-posting (or more)... when people "catch up".  So the list above is half-decent for how much content someone has provided (not as good as space's word-count updates), but it doesn't really show how often someone actually shows up to the thread.  So the list below is how many times each person has "shown up" (which ignores any posts that were made immediately after a previous post of theirs) - basically, if they post a single post, 2 in a row, or 6 in a row, all of that counts as 1.

MiX: 45, 28., 9
Swowl: 16, 9, 6
Galz: 8, 10, 2
math: 13, 15, 7
EFHW: 29, 21, 8
Didds: 33, 30, 11
joth: 37, 29, 9
gkrieg: 15, 16, 4
fang: 44, 40, 15

So what do I see?  A few things that might be of note:
Galz doesn't show up much, and when he does, he never actually "catches up" (there's almost no multi-posts from him).
Swowl, me, and gkrieg all seem quite busy... moderate post counts, and a lot of double-up posts when we do show up.
MiX, EFHW, Didds, joth, and fang all have higher post counts in general, and varying amounts of double-up posts.

Does any of that seem out of the ordinary?  D1 and D2 posts counts line up reasonably for everyone.  D3 is probably still too early to see if people are posting a lot extra or posting less.

So after typing all this, I don't see much useful in it.  Maybe someone else will find it helpful?  I think I'll go back to the vote counts again and see what makes sense and what doesn't.  Are we going to find a full team of 3 out of it?  Probably not... until we actually get a confirmed red flip.  But will we maybe find pairings?  I hope so.
he/him

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1037 on: March 10, 2022, 11:24:48 am »

Vote Count 3.1
Eggs in the US are required to be washed and processed before being sold for consumption. This removes a layer called the cuticle, which means the eggs have to be refrigerated.
WestCoastDidds (1) : mathdude
Galzria (1) : EFHW
mathdude (1) : WestCoastDidds

Not voting (6) : Galzria, gkrieg13, infangthief, jotheonah, MiX, Swowl

Currently, WestCoastDidds is set to be exiled!  Day 3 ends March 12, 2022, 09:00:00 am your time.

Votes:

infangthief -> mathdude
mathdude -> WestCoastDidds
EFHW -> Galzria
infangthief -> --
WestCoastDidds -> mathdude

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 10, 2022, 12:14:36 pm »

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 10, 2022, 12:30:48 pm »

And unvote

Why this unvote?
Because I can see various possible teams and am not at all sure at the moment who I suspect most. I hope to be more sure soon.

Didds, please let me know what you think of mathdude's post #988.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 10, 2022, 12:33:07 pm »

Ok, lightning reread of galz.

He has an early reads list, like post 3, likely meaningless, but then he actually votes for his top scumread.

Has a spat with faust about whose vote was lazier.

Then votes for mathdude, which faust calls lazy.

End of D1.

He puts in a seemingly huge amount of effort on a case on WCD, followed by a quite-thorough pestering of her.

He talks about his naked vote on mathdude after being prodded and says it was to figure out faust's reaction, then asks about how others perceived faust's reaction, which is very odd to me, because faust was dead.

He then starts to engage with some posts D2, like my telling scola he should just put Didds at X-1.

He does say that he is caught up for most of D2, but just not able to make any posts. Not sure if that is more likely to come from scum!galz or town!galz. I know I have a harder time posting as scum, even if I'm caught up.

Ends the day with a sheep on EFHW onto mathdude, but gives some thoughts on the other wagons and why he is sheeping EFHW.

Nothing really D3

Overall, much easier to reread than MiX  ;D
He spends a lot of time justifying his vote for mathdude at the end of D1, when it doesn't seem like it was necessary to defend. I'm surprised then that he sheeps EFHW back onto mathdude to end D2. Had his reads changed on Didds that much from his case at the beginning of the day? He says that he is still chewing on his thoughts on WCD, but then never really says what changed his mind, when he is really the first person to leave the wagon that he started. Maybe he was surprised so many people followed him onto WCD?

My questions for galz:
Do you feel like people perceived your late D1 mathdude vote scummy?
What do you think about the people that followed you onto WCD?
What changed your mind on WCD between the start of D2 and the end when you voted mathdude again?
Why do you think mathdude is scum?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 10, 2022, 12:33:39 pm »

And unvote

Why this unvote?
Because I can see various possible teams and am not at all sure at the moment who I suspect most. I hope to be more sure soon.

Didds, please let me know what you think of mathdude's post #988.

What are you doing to strengthen your reads?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 10, 2022, 12:34:54 pm »

End-of-day posts, which can be accessed through the game tracker, have been updated with all votes placed that day, linked. I can also include this type of list in future vote counts, if people want.

I also just understood what this meant when rereading galz. Very cool.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 10, 2022, 12:36:48 pm »

I think the fact that I did not do the VCA yet (some fun things came up and I'm still planning to do it tonight) tells you that I did not do the things I said I was going to do. My motivation for this game has overall been low. I trust too many people here, and I've overall liked the thread. Probably should've sheeped more if I realized this earlier, but oh well.

I don't have any impressions on the wagons, other than I think they will be very useful when reading math and Didds. I should get to them tonight.

Is this a response to my reread on you?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 10, 2022, 12:45:37 pm »

I think the fact that I did not do the VCA yet (some fun things came up and I'm still planning to do it tonight) tells you that I did not do the things I said I was going to do. My motivation for this game has overall been low. I trust too many people here, and I've overall liked the thread. Probably should've sheeped more if I realized this earlier, but oh well.

I don't have any impressions on the wagons, other than I think they will be very useful when reading math and Didds. I should get to them tonight.

Yes.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 10, 2022, 12:53:56 pm »

Gkrieg, do you have a read on Galz, and if so, can you tell us what it is?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 10, 2022, 01:00:43 pm »

Bleh. Rereading D1, and of course the way scola enters the thread means he's town. I should've put so much more effort into this game...

While I'm here:

Where is everybody?

I can't speak for everybody.  But personally... way too busy in RL, and completely lost in-game.  It almost still feels like another D1 without any scum flips yet.  "I think because this person voted here..." and "my gut tells me..." and "it seems like XX and YY are partnering/buddying/sheeping/etc." is about all I can come up with.  And I don't have time to dig into it deeper.

So where am I at?  At the moment...

MiX and Didds look a bit scummy from how I felt they had minor interactions D1 (I mean when I read them "live" through D1, not looking back at their D1 now in D3 which I haven't done and don't have time to do).

Swowl has been contributing a bit, but I don't recall anything useful that stood out, so it sort of feels like lurking... could be scummy, but I have no idea.

Galz has been very non-existent, like scola was... does that make him scummy?  I don't know.

joth still seems quite scummy to me, as most of his posts seem to be things I think (and avoid posting) when I'm scum, but others seem to be town-reading him for the exact things I think make him scummy.

EFHW and fang, I haven't really had a read on either way all game.

gkrieg has felt townie to me all game, which I recognize is mostly because he has been quite vocal about saying he thinks I'm town, and I know that's confirmation bias, and scum would definitely know I'm town, so I don't really know where that leaves me on him, but I sure hope he's town.

This is one post that for me points to Didds/math/gkrieg. Of course math would scumread Didds, and of course math would townread gkrieg. This makes perfect sense given what the dynamic in the scum chat probably is. The longer explanation for his gkrieg read also pings me a lot.

Do scum teams really mutually townread each other?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 10, 2022, 01:03:39 pm »

Yes.

Wanna answer any of the questions I posed to you in the posts where I quoted you?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 10, 2022, 01:05:48 pm »

Gkrieg, do you have a read on Galz, and if so, can you tell us what it is?

I'm very surprised he has only gotten 1 vote the whole game. Waiting to hear a response from him to my questions.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 10, 2022, 01:11:10 pm »

Do scum teams really mutually townread each other?

In this game, why not? There's usually some cohesion, especially if they're under fire. You know they're not mad bussing because there's no red flips yet.

Wanna answer any of the questions I posed to you in the posts where I quoted you?

I thought I had...that post was all the answers to your questions. Did I miss any? Most of the answers are "no I didn't do that" and "I don't know".
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.