Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 107270 times)

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1000 on: March 09, 2022, 04:38:13 am »

vote: mathdude

And I'll clarify that I am by no means assuming a mathdude + Didds team here. I mean, it is possible, but I think there's also a good chance that mathdude is scum without Didds.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 09, 2022, 12:53:35 pm »

End-of-day posts, which can be accessed through the game tracker, have been updated with all votes placed that day, linked. I can also include this type of list in future vote counts, if people want.
This is great! Thanks!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1002 on: March 09, 2022, 03:46:39 pm »

Lol faust pushed a misexile all day and still died.

Vote: Galzria

Oh I see why faust died.

Unvote

He opens the day with a vote and unvote. Then explains later that he thought galz had one of the only town reads on faust, which was incorrect when he reread.

X-2, lol.

Yeah I think if Didds was scum she wouldn't had dug her hole deeper.

He is very aware of the wagon on Didds, which goes back to my point about MiX being overly casual about his own wagon D1.

Fang with townie interactions to liven the game up some more.

I feel like things have stalled a bit for me, but that could just be me.

Oo, thanks. I've never done this kind of read-and-comment thing before, but it is kind of fun, but then I worry that I'm commenting on too many things and making a boring load of stuff for people to trawl through / skip over, and maybe people will have already said the stuff. Hopefully there is something fresh somewhere.

Still about 80 posts till I'm caught up. Back into the pit.

I like this a lot. I think you're confirmed town and I would be very surprised you live tonight after this.

So MiX has some interesting stuff at the beginning of the day. He either did not go back and reread carefully N1, or he is acting like he didn't. Does MiX go for misdirection like this as scum?

Like this post by Galzria and also very much appreciate MiX's explication of his reasoning re: faust and Galzria. I still have one question, for MiX, though. Why did you think Galz was the obvious nk choice?
@MiX, I don't think you answered this.

Weird, I thought I had.

Because of the early Galzria discussion. People talked back and forth about my blunt townread on him, but no one scumread him. A lurking D1 Galz is an excellent NK target since it removes a player from the game without giving away information.

I don't think you throw away a good kill N1 like this. So this makes me think he possibly posed this to his partners in the QT?

why and how am I scummy all of a sudden? what did I miss?

Mostly how you parked on Didds and slept for the rest of the day.

In your defense I also don't know who else to exile, which is why I haven't done anything today. It feels like we need another misexile before we can kill scum. I think all D1 wagons are town and that Didds is town, but that really doesn't leave much else to do, since it means D1 was overall useless (other than to get to this conclusion), which doesn't get me anyone I want to exile.

I guess if I have to pick someone to die I'd pick scola?

Vote: scola

What is your impression on the D2 wagons, or your current impression of the D1 wagons?

MIXy, what are your Joth thoughts?

Lazy town, so typical joth. I would need to reread more than one game to get a better read on him.

Did you ever do this MiX?

Exiling joth here is like killing the sane person in a murder mystery. Well, I'm sure I had a better analogy when I started this sentence, but not anymore.

What's a better thing to say...it's like if there's two people arguing, and a third person tells them to chill out, and then they both start attacking said third person. It just doesn't make sense. Of course joth can be scum here, but there's absolutely no reason to think that given his posts this game.

Above comment still applies.

Ok, cool. I feel like I'm not playing the same game as everyone else!

Why is this?

Unrelated, I'm trying to ISO scola, it's so not fun that he was active in his latest scum game. It makes me not want to read it. So I need to go aaaaall the way back to find a game where scola was this inactive. Does anyone know one off the top of their head?

Or did you go and do this?

Hmm. Probably should've put more effort into today. I'm fine with scola!exile, but...eh. Maybe I'm just hedging now.

Posting this, and will post a TL;DR in a next post after I look it over.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 09, 2022, 03:59:36 pm »

Hmmm… MiX soft defending Joth is interesting. He also had a similarly noncommittal “defense” of me. I don’t think he is normally so hedgey.

That was just a passing thought as I looked at today, but I really came here to say I can spend more time reading soon. It’s my kid’s spring break, but not mine, so I’m a bit stretched.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 09, 2022, 04:02:23 pm »

So the major things that stick out:

• It seems like early D1 he appears to be scum hunting without actually doing it, which is repeated D2. He says multiple times that he is going to need to reread games to find out if people are scum, but then never does. Or he asks if anyone knows a good lurker scum game for scola, which no one responds to. (scum points)
  • He consistently tries to get the exile away from math, but not in a direct way. (only pointing out if MiX flips scum)
  • He seems to have not reread the thread during the night, or at least didn't read it thoroughly with his first few posts D2. (townie)
  • MiX early D1 seems to underreact to a wagon on him (given it was small). This does not seem like the MiX I remember. He also seems to know the state of wagons on all other players, so this seems like a planned underreaction to me. (scum points)

I see this as figuring out what of the next two are most likely:

scum!MiX is not really scum hunting, but trying to appear to scum hunt. He acted like he didn't have a wagon on him early D1, because he knows he is more likely to be exiled if he reacts to the wagon (this point is really minor). He acted like he hadn't read the thread over the night (which he definitely would have given the kill).

town!MiX is being less active this game and wanting to go and reread people or their previous games and is just not getting to it. He really did not reread the thread overnight N1. Because of all this, he is fairly waffley in his reads, or not paying enough attention that he would miss that math was a major exile candidate D1 (where he left him out in his post of who the exile candidates were).

I don't think I've seen that version of town!MiX, but I also am not sure MiX goes for outright deception as scum (planning on opening the day saying he had not really reread the thread). Does anyone have more insight on this?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: March 09, 2022, 04:05:05 pm »

I planned on doing rereads of other players, but am realizing that I probably won't get to it, unless I go much less in-depth. I'll try to do Swowl and galz at least. I don't feel like I have a good feel of either of them.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 09, 2022, 04:18:36 pm »

I think the fact that I did not do the VCA yet (some fun things came up and I'm still planning to do it tonight) tells you that I did not do the things I said I was going to do. My motivation for this game has overall been low. I trust too many people here, and I've overall liked the thread. Probably should've sheeped more if I realized this earlier, but oh well.

I don't have any impressions on the wagons, other than I think they will be very useful when reading math and Didds. I should get to them tonight.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 09, 2022, 05:05:21 pm »

Quote from: that Didds post
Vote Count 1.4
Eggs start wiggling around by themselves a few days before hatching.
2.71828..... (3) : Galzria, Dylan32, jotheonah
mathdude (3) : EFHW, Swowl, infangthief
Dylan32 (3) : faust, WestCoastDidds, 2.71828.....
MiX (2) : gkrieg13, mathdude
WestCoastDidds (1) : MiX

Not voting (1) : scolapasta

This vote count looks really silly.

From a brief view of D1's wagons, Galzria looks terrible. Didds too, but mostly from a "if Galzria is town" perspective. It's just a feeling though.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 09, 2022, 05:34:51 pm »

Vote Count 2.4
The largest egg ever recorded was laid by an ostrich in Sweden in 2008. It weighed 2.589 kg!
mathdude (3) : Galzria, Swowl, jotheonah
jotheonah (3) : WestCoastDidds, mathdude, EFHW
gkrieg13 (2) : 2.71828....., scolapasta
scolapasta (2) : gkrieg13, MiX
WestCoastDidds (1) : infangthief

WestCoastDidds (4) : infangthief, scolapasta, 2.71828....., jotheonah
mathdude (2) : Galzria, Swowl

scolapasta, an unhatched green egg has been exiled!

These 2 vote counts really make Didds and gkrieg look partnered, as expected.

Now to dig in! Somehow...

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 09, 2022, 06:51:20 pm »

The scum team being Didds/math/gkrieg makes too much sense. Just reading VCA it's incredibly hard not to see a cohesive team of 3 people helping each other stay alive. You even have math voting Didds early D2 and then jumping off. I would provide to vote counts saying that this is the team, but it's really all of them. If you simply look at the list of votes D2, you see those 3 voting for other people while other people voting for those 3.

I won't vote because I don't know which one of these is 100% scum, but right now I'm having a hard time thinking about this game without thinking this is the scum team.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 09, 2022, 07:48:04 pm »

I’m kinda in the same place as MiX.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 09, 2022, 11:43:29 pm »

The scum team being Didds/math/gkrieg makes too much sense. Just reading VCA it's incredibly hard not to see a cohesive team of 3 people helping each other stay alive. You even have math voting Didds early D2 and then jumping off. I would provide to vote counts saying that this is the team, but it's really all of them. If you simply look at the list of votes D2, you see those 3 voting for other people while other people voting for those 3.

I won't vote because I don't know which one of these is 100% scum, but right now I'm having a hard time thinking about this game without thinking this is the scum team.

Even if I wanted to try it, I don't think I could justify to myself or a team to work with WIFOM to "obviously" defend teammates.  It does kind of bother me that gkrieg has town-read me so vocally all game.  So unless we had 2 cops hatch N1 and he has a town result on me, he's either reading me better than many of the rest of you, or he's scum trying to make sure I go down with him if he ever gets caught... I hope it's the 1st of those options.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but now I think we've had Didds be read as partnered with MiX, 2.71, and now me/gkrieg... was there another?  And Didds came close to exile D2 but didn't happen - a potential storyline if scum-buddies are helping keep alive.

Can we try to actually go through with a Didds exile today?  Is there any reason not to at this point?

Vote: Didds
he/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 10, 2022, 12:06:19 am »

I really want to vote mathdude, but it's really likely that my annoyance is biasing me.

I'm going to vote: Galzria, but consider me a pinch hitter for a mathdude wagon if needed at EOD.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 10, 2022, 12:08:36 am »

MiX - finding myself in the same spot. However, this is end of Day 1, which where I am having trouble believing that that exact team is correct.

Vote Count 1.Final
Dylan32 (5) : faust, 2.71828....., mathdude, gkrieg13, WestCoastDidds
2.71828..... (4) : Dylan32, MiX, jotheonah, infangthief
mathdude (3) : EFHW, Swowl, Galzria

Shortly before the EOD wagon, couple things to note:

WCD - Her voting pattern that day, to entirety, was Dylan->Pasta->Dylan. At the time she went back to Dylan, she did so to be the tie breaking vote vs. E! But... E! was town.
This snap shot of events right here, has me at a hold up. If the team in question is MD, GK, WCD... then what? They chose to kill faust AND THEN E! guaranteeing if we were to exile ANYONE remaining on that wagon we find skum? That seems.. not good. Also, not needed. Didds in that spot could of just done nothing or could of spaced out onto the E! wagon.
If anything.. I would say there was quite some time between WCD being the final vote of the day and the day actually ending, she could of also voted for Math. But obviously in a world where it is WCD!Math!X... never going to do that. Math is on Dylan, I think X was on E! (because there is no way Efoo, or especially Galz, would be on Math if they were team mates at this point).

TLDR; Day 1 Didds is not conducive of a WCD/GK/Math team. However, I do think it could be in favor of a Math!Didds team.
*Counter argument to my own thought* - You would assume that if this were true, then, given the night kill selection they would be pushing GK. So that is weird. Hm. Turns out I need to think about this more actually. I stand by the team call not being likely though.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 10, 2022, 12:19:43 am »

Then here as you also pointed out... there is that team potential again:

Vote Count 2.5
mathdude (3) : Galzria, Swowl, jotheonah
jotheonah (3) : WestCoastDidds, EFHW, gkrieg13
gkrieg13 (2) : 2.71828....., scolapasta
scolapasta (2) : MiX, mathdude
WestCoastDidds (1) : infangthief

Vote Count 2.Final
scolapasta (5) : MiX, mathdude, EFHW, WestCoastDidds, gkrieg13
WestCoastDidds (4) : infangthief, scolapasta, 2.71828....., jotheonah
mathdude (2) : Galzria, Swowl

These moves I have no problem reading as panic. By my day 1 logic, it cannot be GK/Didds/Math. However, I think it is completely possible that there are 2 skum on this pasta wagon, and even possibly 3. I know who I have as #2 regardless, but my #3 is a little up in the air.
Regardless, my #1 has moved to WCD.  I think... I am gonna go iso didds math and GK before I decide. But I am fairly certain we are batting 2/3 in that pool. And as close to 100% as I can be that there is at least 1.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 10, 2022, 03:28:09 am »

Vote Count 1.4

From a brief view of D1's wagons, Galzria looks terrible. Didds too, but mostly from a "if Galzria is town" perspective. It's just a feeling though.

Hi MiX, I don't understand. I guess I'm a novice at VCA. Why does it look silly? Why do Galzria and Didds look terrible?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 10, 2022, 04:16:56 am »

Also MiX, do you have an answer to gkrieg's question here:

Probably should've written this in the previous post, but just quoting a question emanates so much energy.

I understand why people don't want to flip e. On the other hand, e and math have the same alignment. So I'm willing to vote for e? I'm still dying on the Didds wagon though.

I'm (sorta) around for deadline, so it should be okay.

Now that e is flipped, do you still feel like they have the same alignment? He also goes for the e wagon instead of the mathdude wagon EOD1. Maybe scum!MiX was trying to flip town!e and then give it as a reason to make sure scum!math did not get exiled D2?

And I have two more related questions:
- why did you say e and math had the same alignment in the first place?
- why did people not want to flip e?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 10, 2022, 04:22:14 am »

And unvote

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 10, 2022, 04:42:29 am »

Also MiX, do you have an answer to gkrieg's question here:

Probably should've written this in the previous post, but just quoting a question emanates so much energy.

I understand why people don't want to flip e. On the other hand, e and math have the same alignment. So I'm willing to vote for e? I'm still dying on the Didds wagon though.

I'm (sorta) around for deadline, so it should be okay.

Now that e is flipped, do you still feel like they have the same alignment? He also goes for the e wagon instead of the mathdude wagon EOD1. Maybe scum!MiX was trying to flip town!e and then give it as a reason to make sure scum!math did not get exiled D2?

And I have two more related questions:
- why did you say e and math had the same alignment in the first place?
- why did people not want to flip e?

- E and math were townreading each other to a degree where if one of them is town I should sheep them, and thus if one is town the other is too. So they need to be the same alignment. Of course now I think that's false, but I just did a VCA, I didn't actially reread.

- Some people were defending e (like faust, maybe?) and I agreed with them because I came out of rereading e with a townread on him.

As for gkrieg's question, well, not anymore, but it's all about how much I should sheep e's reads. I don't have real reads that I can trust other than those from VCA.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 10, 2022, 04:44:45 am »

Vote Count 1.4

Hi MiX, I don't understand. I guess I'm a novice at VCA. Why does it look silly? Why do Galzria and Didds look terrible?

It's silly because the greens are voting greens. It looks terrible for Galz and Didds since they're on the green wagons. It's very hard to consider that both wagons had zero scum in them (not counting joth since his vote was recent at the time).

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: March 10, 2022, 05:23:45 am »

Vote Count 1.4

It's silly because the greens are voting greens. It looks terrible for Galz and Didds since they're on the green wagons. It's very hard to consider that both wagons had zero scum in them (not counting joth since his vote was recent at the time).
Ok, thanks for explaining. And how does the "if Galzria is town" perspective have an impact on what the D1 wagons show about Didds?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 10, 2022, 05:40:18 am »

Ok, thanks for explaining. And how does the "if Galzria is town" perspective have an impact on what the D1 wagons show about Didds?

Mostly that Galzria's position on e is more incriminating than Didds' votes. One of them is probably scum, but Galzria is the scummy one, if that makes sense. If I had to pick the scum in Galzria/Didds just looking at D1's vote counts I would always pick Galz.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 10, 2022, 05:42:25 am »

Mostly that Galzria's position on e is more incriminating than Didds' votes. One of them is probably scum, but Galzria is the scummy one, if that makes sense. If I had to pick the scum in Galzria/Didds just looking at D1's vote counts I would always pick Galz.
No, that doesn't make sense, sorry.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 10, 2022, 05:44:43 am »

No, that doesn't make sense, sorry.

You shouldn't ask for more clarification then, it will just make me confirmation bias more.

What are your reads? I think you posted them, but I want a summary here.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 10, 2022, 05:47:45 am »

My main read at the moment is that MiX has very contradictory positions. Also that he is missing and misrepresenting things a lot. I feel like he is scum tying me up in WIFOM knots.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.