Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 110124 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #950 on: March 06, 2022, 08:49:40 am »

A general frustration dammit that we are now down 4 greenies. I really wanted to be right about Scola (and Dylan).
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #951 on: March 06, 2022, 10:14:25 am »

Joth is not that scummy, I suppose. I think too much about joth, so much so that I can't remember when my supposed tells on him were right or wrong. I just remember that I trusted them, so I keep trusting them based on that memory instead of looking at results. I should probably look into his previous games to get that checked out.

On the other hand, Didds seems weird. I have reasons to think she cannot be scum, but otherwise she is very scummy. So, with that contradiction, I'll

Vote: Didds

And maybe I can explain this in 24 hours or so.

Oh, I’m intrigued! Tell me more! I’m not sure why I cannot be scum, but I am in fact a green egg, so I am not.

I might be weird, though, yeah. I usually have no idea what to do on a D1, but that is even more so now when I don’t even know my role. But instead of being quiet and befuddle, I’ve decided to be try to be more present albeit still befuddled. I figure that without knowing what I am (other than a cute egg!) there is very little I can do to actually screw something up. So, pressure’s off! Let’s go!

This Didds post is pinging me majorly on re-read. It's like she's pre-emptively giving an excuse for her posts being off, because she knows they're going to. Btw, I don't think the day 1 Didds cases are nearly as bad as everyone's saying.

More people should be voting for Dylan by the way. Don't worry, I was assured that doing that takes very little effort.

I agree. It’s not like he’s around to question it….

Vote: Dylan

This is also a scummily-timed vote on the Dylan wagon. It pushes it along right as it was stalling and it's not really based on anything.

I won't quote anything specific, but the Mathdude wagon is actually looking more reasonable to me on re-read. Not so much the initial case -- he posted a pretty silly, if-x-than-y, but how he defends himself as the wagon builds feels a little bit scum-panicky.

vote: mathdude

This vote, and the circumstances around it, make it somewhat unlikely that Galz and mathdude are partners, which was unfortunately a working theory of mine.

We are in a weird stasis. I’ll go back to

Vote: Dylan which I don’t think really changes anything but probably it’s not helpful to anyone for me to be hanging on to a solo vote

This vote, on the other hand. I think it's a little scummy? Esp if mathdude and Didds are scum together (which I think is very possible)

Conclusion at the end of the day 1 re-read:

Didds, mathdude, and Galzria still seem the scummiest to me, though Galz only in a lurky way. EFHW, Fang, MiX, and Swowl all seem towny to me. gkrieg I'm solidly on the fence about.

If mathdude is scum, than the end of day 1 situation is interesting and we can learn things from it. If mathdude is town, then it was just a pointless scramble between three town wagons and scum had no reason to do anything or not do anything, so it's kind a useless. So if nothing else, mathdude would be a useful flip. But I think we're past the point of useful flips.

Based on a day 1 re-read, I would still advocate a Didds exile.

- She's reading generally off, not posting quite as often as I expect from her (possibly being more cautious)
- All her votes seem strategic and scummy
- She's more angry-defensive (adjusted for her generally sunny disposition) than I'm used to
- That day one post where it seemed like she was setting up a pre-defense for being off

Next, I'll re-read day 2 and see if it completely changes my mind. PPE18
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 06, 2022, 10:16:59 am »

I should note it might be a bit before I get to the next re-read.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 06, 2022, 10:24:00 am »

We get, what, one more misexile before it becomes a get it wrong, game over situation? Knowing this, and knowing I am town makes Joth’s case very, very scummy to me. Sif scum can engineer one more misexile, then we’d have to be perfect, and that is a tall order.

Other people who we all seem to think are towny aren’t finding me nearly as scummy in their rereads. Plus, this is Joth’s third day to be gunning for me. At some point, he needs to acknowledge this is a tunnel and it’s not helping us.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 06, 2022, 11:08:57 am »

We get, what, one more misexile before it becomes a get it wrong, game over situation? Knowing this, and knowing I am town makes Joth’s case very, very scummy to me. Sif scum can engineer one more misexile, then we’d have to be perfect, and that is a tall order.

Other people who we all seem to think are towny aren’t finding me nearly as scummy in their rereads. Plus, this is Joth’s third day to be gunning for me. At some point, he needs to acknowledge this is a tunnel and it’s not helping us.

You can hem and haw and OMGUS or you can do your own re-read and present a compelling alternative.

He/him

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 06, 2022, 11:12:45 am »

So Didds, this might be a good time to ask you what you think of EFHW this game.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 06, 2022, 03:08:37 pm »

So Didds, this might be a good time to ask you what you think of EFHW this game.

I think she is the most town and I’m surprised she made it through the life.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 06, 2022, 03:10:35 pm »

You can hem and haw and OMGUS or you can do your own re-read and present a compelling alternative.

Dude. Pointing out that you are in a three freaking day tunnel is in no way hemming or hawing.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 06, 2022, 03:10:59 pm »

I think she is the most town and I’m surprised she made it through the night.

EBWOP

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 06, 2022, 03:59:23 pm »

Dude. Pointing out that you are in a three freaking day tunnel is in no way hemming or hawing.

It’s called having a consistent read and it’s not a crime.

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: March 06, 2022, 04:48:48 pm »

It’s called having a consistent read and it’s not a crime.

No crime. But you’re either wrong or scum, so there’s that.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 06, 2022, 10:11:16 pm »

@MiX and mathdude, why were you hanging out on scola, which was presumably going nowhere? What were your positions on Didds and scola?

Same questions for Swowl and Galzria, who were camped out on mathdude.
Have more I want to say about this but it will have to wait until I have time tomorrow/monday.

Thought he was skum Day1.
Thought he was skum Day2.
Day 2 he was tied for wagon or leading wagon like all day.

Why would I ever leave my top skum read when they are tied for the exile?

He wasn't at the end of the day.

Confused about what you mean here. This is the vote count as of roughly 5am my time

Vote Count 2.5
The eggs are getting quite wiggly!
mathdude (3) : Galzria, Swowl, jotheonah
jotheonah (3) : WestCoastDidds, EFHW, gkrieg13
gkrieg13 (2) : 2.71828....., scolapasta
scolapasta (2) : MiX, mathdude
WestCoastDidds (1) : infangthief

he was the leading wagon.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 06, 2022, 10:12:08 pm »

now I wasn't awake at 5am... but also when I logged off for the night several hours before that... he was also still the leading wagon.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 06, 2022, 10:39:27 pm »

prod Galzria please!

Also, if I can make a request, could vote count wagons be listed in the order they were created rather than in order of how many people are on them? Thanks!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 06, 2022, 10:41:42 pm »

now I wasn't awake at 5am... but also when I logged off for the night several hours before that... he was also still the leading wagon.

Thanks for the clarification. I forgot about the time difference.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 06, 2022, 10:45:38 pm »

Looking over EOD. @gkrieg, what had your read on Didds been before that last vote? Or on scola, for that matter.

I was feeling townie on Didds because of my town read on e and their EOD1. Feeling very scummy on scola.
What about joth?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #966 on: March 06, 2022, 11:18:45 pm »

prod Galzria please!

Also, if I can make a request, could vote count wagons be listed in the order they were created rather than in order of how many people are on them? Thanks!

Galzria has been prodded.

I will try to format the vote counts that way, it may be difficult with the way my spreadsheet is set up. If there are any errors just let me know.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 07, 2022, 12:26:03 am »

Sorry, I haven't really been around yet today either. The weekend got away on me. I'll catch up soon.
he/him

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 07, 2022, 03:50:47 am »

prod Galzria please!

Galzria has been prodded.

I will try to format the vote counts that way, it may be difficult with the way my spreadsheet is set up. If there are any errors just let me know.

I would prefer vote count wagons to be in order of who is set to be exiled. Which I think is how they are currently done. Otherwise it is not at all obvious who would be exiled if someone moves off the leading wagon.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 07, 2022, 04:56:19 am »

Or I suppose you could do it the way EFHW suggests, then underneath do "Player A >> Player B >> Player C ..." to indicate closeness to exile.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 07, 2022, 06:27:24 am »

Or I suppose you could do it the way EFHW suggests, then underneath do "Player A >> Player B >> Player C ..." to indicate closeness to exile.
I like this idea. Order created can be useful information. It's how we usually do it.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 07, 2022, 09:43:23 am »

I am teaching today, but tomorrow I can make one of those wall posts that has all the vote counts in order, unless someone beat me to it today.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 07, 2022, 10:38:30 am »

I probably won't get around to it today, but I really need to reread this game.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 07, 2022, 10:39:34 am »

Looking over EOD. @gkrieg, what had your read on Didds been before that last vote? Or on scola, for that matter.

I was feeling townie on Didds because of my town read on e and their EOD1. Feeling very scummy on scola.
What about joth?

The reasons I was townreading joth were not very strong, and the logic I was using was not correct. He is someone I definitely need to go back and reread.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 07, 2022, 12:58:58 pm »

Starting a reread.

Currently alive are (numbers are wrong):
1. MiX
2. Swowl
3. Galzria
4. mathdude
5. EFHW
7. WestCoastDidds
8. jotheonah
10. gkrieg13
11. infangthief

I'll start with MiX.

He gives an early town read on galzria that spawns a lot of discussion.

Joth is not that scummy, I suppose. I think too much about joth, so much so that I can't remember when my supposed tells on him were right or wrong. I just remember that I trusted them, so I keep trusting them based on that memory instead of looking at results. I should probably look into his previous games to get that checked out.

On the other hand, Didds seems weird. I have reasons to think she cannot be scum, but otherwise she is very scummy. So, with that contradiction, I'll

Vote: Didds

And maybe I can explain this in 24 hours or so.

Did you ever go back and look at these early joth tells?

MiX, are you gonna say why I cannot be scum? Has it been 24 hours?

It hasn't quite been 24 hours, but sure. I retract that statement. Basically, what I miss from Didds is That One Post where Didds goes around addressing specific people, and I thought that she would definitely remember to do that if she were scum.

But that's minor compared to what I found now, as I reread Didds. Doesn't she make bigger posts sometimes? I read her D1 in the most recent (bastard) game and it's extremely similar to this one in terms of how her posts look. It also doesn't have what I was looking for this game, so I think this all matches Didds being scum again.

He makes an early case on Didds based on size of posts, which I don't think is a very good metric (it is an early D1 case, obviously).

There's a wagon on e? Haven't noticed. Have we even gotten a VC yet?
How's the wagon on you going, do you think?

I forgot. I think joth's still voting me?

This almost seems like a planned underreaction from MiX on a wagon forming on him.

e, what do you think about the wagon on you?

faust, what do you think about the wagon on e?

Dylan, what do you think about faust?

Didds, what do you think about MiX's case on you?

How is everyone enjoying being an egg? Do you find it constricting, or freeing?

I would rather know if I'm a PR or not.

Cool, town!joth.

More people should be voting for Dylan by the way. Don't worry, I was assured that doing that takes very little effort.

Vote: Dylan

He leaves the Didds wagon to sheep faust, which he then goes back to in his next post.

(As a side-note to myself, it really looks like fang is scum-hunting this game)

This post makes me feel like math is scum hunting.

Why do you care about math posts beyond this? This seems like a cut and dry strong townread.

This post always caught me as weird, like he doesn't want me looking more into mathdude.

I think scola is scummy independent of his activity.

Vote: scola

Mostly his post about being an egg and cracking feels like exactly the type of posts I like to reply to when I'm busy as scum. As town I would then try to reply to a useful post.

He moves back to scola. My issue with all of his votes thus far is that they have the appearance of scum hunting, in that he picks individual posts or trends that are entirely based on meta (I know, it's still D1). He also does a ridiculous amount of sheeping faust. Actually, he does a lot of sheeping everyone. Does he normally do this as town?

Probably should've written this in the previous post, but just quoting a question emanates so much energy.

I understand why people don't want to flip e. On the other hand, e and math have the same alignment. So I'm willing to vote for e? I'm still dying on the Didds wagon though.

I'm (sorta) around for deadline, so it should be okay.

Now that e is flipped, do you still feel like they have the same alignment? He also goes for the e wagon instead of the mathdude wagon EOD1. Maybe scum!MiX was trying to flip town!e and then give it as a reason to make sure scum!math did not get exiled D2?

Is anyone willing to CFD onto Didds, or are we doing Dylan/e today?

Here he is again trying to get mathdude taken off the table (when he was tied for the most votes).

Has anyone talked about EFHW at all today? Or faust? They seem to be going low. Galzria too, but I already gave him a D1 pass.

Just putting this here because I'm going to have to pause between D1 and D2 and this might be important for D2.

I don't like the MiX wagon, but it's a good CFD. I don't think today has been especially useless for me to die, though.

MiX, I love you, but the martyr thing is getting old. You're not the exile today, and that's OK.

I'm not advocating for myself, for the record. I just like the idea of getting someone else as a wagon, and I was talked about a bunch. So, good idea, wrong person, mostly because I'm town.

MiX, I'd go to Didds with you (sorry Didds).

Better than math, I guess.

Lemme reread Didds though.

this kind of illustrates my point earlier about being surprised that MiX wouldn't know exactly what the wagon (or potential wagon) on him would be.

I'm on e to solve math. I don't care about any non-scola wagon now.

More stuff on the math-e thing.

Ok, done with D1. Will be back with D2. Just saw how long this is at this point though. I mainly just post these so I can go back and reread them later to get a synopsis of that player for that day without having to reread it again.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.377 seconds with 20 queries.