Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 107263 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #750 on: March 01, 2022, 02:55:57 am »

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are about joth.  Specifically, I'd like to hear from fang and gkrieg about this... but other people's thoughts might be helpful too.

Why fang and GK?
They could answer first, if they haven't already (catching up) just seems like a weird pairing.

It is a weird pairing.  I picked them as the person I've seen having the most consistent scum read of me all game (though re-reading now, EFHW might compete for that title) and the person I've seen having the most consistent town read of me all game.  Basically, asking for opinions from the person whose reads I trust the least and whose I trust the most, at the moment, relative to this game (again, confirmation bias, as stated eaerlier).
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 01, 2022, 02:57:14 am »

ill get some more thoughts out after dinner is done.

What time is your dinner at, scola?  I know you're in a different part of the world than I am, but this seems like a very late dinner.

Oh, sorry, this was Swowl, not scola!
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 01, 2022, 02:58:23 am »

This means that Galzria, joth and math are on my would-exile list. But I want to look at Swowl, too. I feel like he hasn't gotten any attention and some scrutiny on him would be helpful.

I've read why I'm on your would-exile list.  Have you explained much about the other 2, and I missed the explanations?  Is Galz there for sheeping you or for some other reason?   And why joth?
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 01, 2022, 03:13:24 am »

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are about joth.  Specifically, I'd like to hear from fang and gkrieg about this... but other people's thoughts might be helpful too.

What are your thoughts on joth?

That's a really good question!

why and how am I scummy all of a sudden? what did I miss?
I'm hoping mathdude will tell us.

I'm hoping so too.

Does that mean faust was hatched? Damn, that's unfortunate. Also, the guy who was pushing the misexile the hardest? Weird choice. I mean, I know it's faust but still.

This first reply of his after the flip felt very pre-conceived to me.  Is this typical joth?  Because these are thoughts I would have if I were scum who coordinated the kill, but definitely wouldn't post most of them - at least not the way he did (and as opening thoughts).

Additionally, his next few posts after that one quoted above (I don't want to make this too big of a wall by quoting too many posts)... his comments about the "quirk of the rules", and "wouldn't have affected the outcome" both don't say town!joth to me. 

This is a solid case. I'm honestly loving the Didds cases, but I was nervous because of my scumread on e. But that was a day 1 case, so maybe it's time to let it go and go for something stronger.

Vote: WCD

Again, this pinged me as scummy.  The over-exaggeration about the Didds, case, the comment about him being nervous about the scumread on e, and then immediately being willing to let it go?

Overall... why did I ask the question about joth?  Something didn't seem right about him at start of D2.  Some posts didn't seem normal.  I remember feeling there was subtle partner interactions as I was reading things earlier in D2 - I think I saw a few joth/gkrieg connections, but I'm not seeing them as strongly now in a re-read.  There were still a couple minor things, but they didn't look familiar compared to my first read through.  And now I can't find any more of what I thought I saw earlier.

So I'll leave joth on my "potential scum, would definitely vote there today" list for now.
he/him

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 01, 2022, 05:10:15 am »

Unvote

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 01, 2022, 05:50:36 am »

I have some catch-up to do, only have 2 days left in the day
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 01, 2022, 06:24:55 am »

What time is your dinner at, scola?  I know you're in a different part of the world than I am, but this seems like a very late dinner.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 01, 2022, 06:25:41 am »

I hate mobile so much I can't even.

Why did you post this?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 01, 2022, 07:31:20 am »

This means that Galzria, joth and math are on my would-exile list. But I want to look at Swowl, too. I feel like he hasn't gotten any attention and some scrutiny on him would be helpful.

I've read why I'm on your would-exile list.  Have you explained much about the other 2, and I missed the explanations?  Is Galz there for sheeping you or for some other reason?   And why joth?

The reason is they are the people voting for me.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 01, 2022, 07:32:52 am »

MIXy, what are your Joth thoughts?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 01, 2022, 07:34:02 am »

Unvote

So, math acquitted himself? Why was that?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 01, 2022, 07:51:50 am »

Unvote

So, math acquitted himself? Why was that?
His joth thoughts seemed pretty genuine. So I went back and reread his other stuff.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 01, 2022, 08:12:32 am »

MIXy, what are your Joth thoughts?

Lazy town, so typical joth. I would need to reread more than one game to get a better read on him.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 01, 2022, 08:30:32 am »

I regret to inform you all that it's my birthday today so you're not allowed to exile me. At least not until tomorrow.

But on the plus side, I'm taking the afternoon off work so I can dedicate some time to re-reading this game and totally solving it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 01, 2022, 08:41:57 am »

I regret to inform you all that it's my birthday today so you're not allowed to exile me. At least not until tomorrow.

But on the plus side, I'm taking the afternoon off work so I can dedicate some time to re-reading this game and totally solving it.

Happy birthday to you! And Glooble! I hope it’s a fantastic day and that there are copious amounts of cake!

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 01, 2022, 10:00:31 am »

I hate mobile so much I can't even.

Why did you post this?

Mostly just to try and get a reaction.  I'm disappointed by your reaction.  Let's see how Swowl reacts.

I know Swowl has provided some contributions.  But it does also look like he's doing a lot of the same thing scola's doing... posting to say he's around, and saying he'll get to it, but not always following through.  Is lazy!Swowl scum!Swowl or town!Swowl?
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 01, 2022, 10:02:20 am »

Lucky you, and happy birthday.  I didn't get a birthday this year... somehow, it got squished out between yesterday and today and it just didn't show up on the calendar.

Guess I won't exile you today.  No promises about tomorrow though.
he/him

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 01, 2022, 11:22:13 am »

Happy birthday joth and mathdude. It is not my birthday, but do you mind if I join the wagon?

vote: Didds

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 01, 2022, 11:54:43 am »

Posting before I get prodded... and yes I know that this has gotten to the point of being annoying - I truly get that. I'm going to catch up some today when I take lunch and try to at least cast a vote.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #769 on: March 01, 2022, 12:28:03 pm »

Joth is not that scummy, I suppose. I think too much about joth, so much so that I can't remember when my supposed tells on him were right or wrong. I just remember that I trusted them, so I keep trusting them based on that memory instead of looking at results. I should probably look into his previous games to get that checked out.

On the other hand, Didds seems weird. I have reasons to think she cannot be scum, but otherwise she is very scummy. So, with that contradiction, I'll

Vote: Didds

And maybe I can explain this in 24 hours or so.

Did we ever get this explanation? (if so, I guess I'll get to it eventually)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 01, 2022, 12:35:39 pm »

I’ll have some down time at work later today to go back and look at each of the people I’m feeling off about.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #771 on: March 01, 2022, 01:38:20 pm »

MiX, are you gonna say why I cannot be scum? Has it been 24 hours?

It hasn't quite been 24 hours, but sure. I retract that statement. Basically, what I miss from Didds is That One Post where Didds goes around addressing specific people, and I thought that she would definitely remember to do that if she were scum.

But that's minor compared to what I found now, as I reread Didds. Doesn't she make bigger posts sometimes? I read her D1 in the most recent (bastard) game and it's extremely similar to this one in terms of how her posts look. It also doesn't have what I was looking for this game, so I think this all matches Didds being scum again.

OK, answered here.

Working my way, but hoping to get the more heavy voting period to see if anything sparks out. Otherwise, feels like a usual D1 with people just throwing out cases without much merit.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 01, 2022, 02:01:58 pm »

Happy birthday joth and mathdude.

And Glooble!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 01, 2022, 02:02:42 pm »

Because they have been pushing the Didds exile.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 01, 2022, 02:15:18 pm »

Man, D1 was long - I'm maybe half way through.

Not seeing anything substantial, which I expected, but if people want my gut feels as of now:
I think fang is likely town.
I always scumread mathdude and Mix (and faust for that matter).
Still feel WCD is scummy, but that's happened before when she's town.
Will add joth, gkrieg, and Galz to that list.
I usually find EFHW and swowl to that list. And haven't played enough with e.

So have to pause for now, but I'll go ahead and throw my vote for now:

Vote: joth

I'm sure people want to knw why specifically, but not sure I can explain it? Just something...

And yeah, realizing now that it's his birthday (happy birthday, joth, glooble, and mathdude) but still feels like the best vote right now.

Are you doing anything good for your birthday?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 20 queries.