Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 108991 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #600 on: February 24, 2022, 03:43:26 pm »

Hi all.

I again apologize for my lack of posting for much of D1. Early on it was more than I didn't have anything compelling to add and then later got very busy and have been on vacation week (nothing exotic, but some visiting with friends). I did get flustered by being called "extremely rude" without being left any space for legit reasons, especially in light if the fact that I feel like I usually do an ok job of posting regularly. But whatever, faust is gone now anyway, so no sense in debating hat now.

If WCD wasn't already on X-2, I'd be willing to vote for her based on today's posts. I do need to find time to catch up on D1 some.

My guess is I won't be able to post too much tomorrow and this weekend, but I'll be back at work next week, and this is always a good 5 minute break here and there during the day. So do expect to see more of me then.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 24, 2022, 03:46:25 pm »

MiX, how many missexile do we get before we’re in trouble?

Scum has to do 3 more misexiles to win.

Cool. No danger then.

I’m going to quit fighting with y’all about my D1. There is zero that I can do to prove that I’m not scum beyond flipping. I’m unhatched so it’s no big loss.  Besides, Galz isn’t ever going to be convinced. He’s wrong, but he is stubborn in his wrongness. The piling on is probably telling, but that’s not for me to decide. It’s too frustrating to keep answering questions and be told I’m just digging deeper. I don’t even know what that means in this context.

Who do you think is scum? Do you think there was scum on the Dylan wagon?

Scola is my best guess for scum. From the Dylan wagon, mathdude > gkrieg. But there didn’t have to be any scum on it. Mathdude went up on my list when he voted for me with the digging deeper bit. It’s following the pack without actually making any argument at all so no skin in the game.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 24, 2022, 04:08:22 pm »

Looking at the wagons, I see a few options.

If e is town:
  • Scum has no real reason to see either exile happen, so I would expect they would hang back, or try to spread out onto different wagons.

If e is scum:
  • Scum is likely late on Dylan's wagon, like WCD or mathdude.
  • Joth expertly moved exiles to ensure Dylan was exiled.

To me, it looked more like e is town, which also plays into my slight townread on mathdude, and my perception of how joth plays.

I think we should probably look at the mathdude wagon + scola for scum today.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 24, 2022, 04:09:05 pm »

Does that mean faust was hatched? Damn, that's unfortunate. Also, the guy who was pushing the misexile the hardest? Weird choice. I mean, I know it's faust but still.

I'm also surprised by this kill. Do we know anyone that faust was scumreading other than Dylan?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 24, 2022, 04:10:23 pm »

vote: scola

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 24, 2022, 04:10:49 pm »

Lol faust pushed a misexile all day and still died.

Vote: Galzria

hmmm, I must've missed something. Why galzria?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 24, 2022, 04:12:43 pm »

I can think of a reason faust might have died, but not one I'd be so certain of as MiX is. Scum might have had a reason to want to nk  on wagon, like they could have all been off wagon and didn't want to narrow down that field. Or they want to make it look like they were all off wagon. That seems less likely to me.

This is making me even more sure of my reads on e and scola. But EFHW was also on the mathdude wagon, which makes this WIFOM if she is scum.

Why didn't you switch to either Dylan or e yesterday?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 24, 2022, 04:14:35 pm »

Vote: WCD

She left the Dylan wagon when it hit a peak of (5), while Math (the leading backup option) was sitting at (4), with a decent amount is suspicion still surrounding 2.718, who at the time had (2) - to weakly place her vote on Scola - someone it was easy for her to disagree with regarding style, instead of actually making a case for being scum.

She left the Dylan wagon with a statement regarding his (now) towniness, despite having been on him from post #265 to #438, doubling down at #370 with an assertion that an ISO on him reveals he’s done nothing townie.

To me, I get the sense that WCD had all her eggs in a row ready to let fall out of the nest, picked a person (Scola) with whom she would have no problem arguing style differences with - but didn’t actually have to justify as scummy - and sat back to let things play out.

Lastly, in #523, she went back to Dylan (which secured Dylan’s Exile) with a statement that her vote probably didn’t make a difference at this point - which if she hadn’t changed from Scola would be true - Dylan sat at (4) votes with the longest tenure. Except 2.718 ALSO sat at (4), and she could’ve placed her vote there.

Hmmm…. Dylan’s engagement today is decidely more towny. I agree that Swowl is not playing in quite his normal way. I get the sense that he and Galz are work-busy, but I’m still wary.

This is normally when I’d follow Mix, but he’s not cooperating with that plan at all.

Vote: Scola

Is the 9am deadline forum time? The “your time” is confusing for me.

Hmmm…. Dylan’s engagement today is decidely more towny.
Why do you think so?

Mostly the enumerated list of why he is towny, and especially the point that he has more tryhard as scum.

We are in a weird stasis. I’ll go back to

Vote: Dylan which I don’t think really changes anything but probably it’s not helpful to anyone for me to be hanging on to a solo vote

What do you see as her reason to go back to Dylan? Was she trying to prevent a partner from exile?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 24, 2022, 04:15:27 pm »

Oh I see why faust died.

Unvote

And how does that affect your read on Galzria?

I think Galzria was the obvious kill there. That's basically my reason behind voting him, and then unvoting him now that I saw faust was not going to be voted this game.

I'm not following this. Between voting galz and unvoting galz, where did you ``see'' that faust was not going to be voted this game?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 24, 2022, 04:16:37 pm »

I could see a Didds/MiX/X team

This is a good team call, since I feel like defending Didds now.

Does anyone think both e and Didds can be town?

I'm obviously repeating what I said in recent posts, but it seems like they are either both town or both scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 24, 2022, 04:18:32 pm »

-snip-
It is also interesting how fast MiX went to the absolute statement "can anyone see both Didds and e as town"

I agree with this. What motive do you see there?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 24, 2022, 04:19:37 pm »

Oh I see why faust died.

Unvote

I think Galzria was the obvious kill there. That's basically my reason behind voting him, and then unvoting him now that I saw faust was not going to be voted this game.

I'm not following this. Between voting galz and unvoting galz, where did you ``see'' that faust was not going to be voted this game?

I was ISOing faust, and I saw his reply to Dylan saying faust is town. So I thought about how faust was perceived in the thread, and I didn't remember any scumreads being given out. Especially at EoD, people were mostly...angry at his stubbornness. Angry's not the right word, but you know. And then I went back to what I thought of faust at the end, and I was a bit annoyed, but never did I consider faust to be scum, even after the flip. So overall faust was a good nightkill, at least theoretically, and that was enough for me to unvote galz.

I'm obviously repeating what I said in recent posts, but it seems like they are either both town or both scum.

I agree, but I'm not very confident in it. I would rather find another scum that I'm more confident in. But this seems like an important question for now and possibly all of D2.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 24, 2022, 04:21:58 pm »

Hi all.

I again apologize for my lack of posting for much of D1. Early on it was more than I didn't have anything compelling to add and then later got very busy and have been on vacation week (nothing exotic, but some visiting with friends). I did get flustered by being called "extremely rude" without being left any space for legit reasons, especially in light if the fact that I feel like I usually do an ok job of posting regularly. But whatever, faust is gone now anyway, so no sense in debating hat now.

If WCD wasn't already on X-2, I'd be willing to vote for her based on today's posts. I do need to find time to catch up on D1 some.

My guess is I won't be able to post too much tomorrow and this weekend, but I'll be back at work next week, and this is always a good 5 minute break here and there during the day. So do expect to see more of me then.

I think you should probably just vote for her, if you say you are willing to. I don't know why people are so worried about putting people on X-1 early in the day, especially if it is basically your only read.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 24, 2022, 04:24:16 pm »

Oh I see why faust died.

Unvote

I was ISOing faust, and I saw his reply to Dylan saying faust is town. So I thought about how faust was perceived in the thread, and I didn't remember any scumreads being given out. Especially at EoD, people were mostly...angry at his stubbornness. Angry's not the right word, but you know. And then I went back to what I thought of faust at the end, and I was a bit annoyed, but never did I consider faust to be scum, even after the flip. So overall faust was a good nightkill, at least theoretically, and that was enough for me to unvote galz.

I agree, but I'm not very confident in it. I would rather find another scum that I'm more confident in. But this seems like an important question for now and possibly all of D2.

I do think scum!WCD is willing to save her partner scum!e, like she did.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 24, 2022, 04:25:38 pm »

Hi all.

I think you should probably just vote for her, if you say you are willing to. I don't know why people are so worried about putting people on X-1 early in the day, especially if it is basically your only read.

Because Swowl will come in and hammer without thinking.

Don't tell me that's not a real possibility now.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 24, 2022, 04:55:21 pm »

Hi all.

Because Swowl will come in and hammer without thinking.

Don't tell me that's not a real possibility now.

Ya, but town loses more often from not exiling than from accidental hammers. I get that we have plurality exiles, but we let people get away with saying they will vote for someone, then disappearing and not ending up voting for anyone.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 24, 2022, 07:35:35 pm »

I can think of a reason faust might have died, but not one I'd be so certain of as MiX is. Scum might have had a reason to want to nk  on wagon, like they could have all been off wagon and didn't want to narrow down that field. Or they want to make it look like they were all off wagon. That seems less likely to me.

This is making me even more sure of my reads on e and scola. But EFHW was also on the mathdude wagon, which makes this WIFOM if she is scum.

Why didn't you switch to either Dylan or e yesterday?
I said then that I was fine with either Dylan or mathdude. I stayed on math because that was my preference. I wasn't going to vote for e because I thought Dylan's case on him was scummy.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 24, 2022, 07:39:50 pm »

MiX, how many missexile do we get before we’re in trouble?

Scum has to do 3 more misexiles to win.

Cool. No danger then.

I’m going to quit fighting with y’all about my D1. There is zero that I can do to prove that I’m not scum beyond flipping. I’m unhatched so it’s no big loss.  Besides, Galz isn’t ever going to be convinced. He’s wrong, but he is stubborn in his wrongness. The piling on is probably telling, but that’s not for me to decide. It’s too frustrating to keep answering questions and be told I’m just digging deeper. I don’t even know what that means in this context.

So remove the “woe is me” ETA dripping from this post, and tell me why you’re not scum.

I don’t think I’m stubborn here. I have a list of players that I think had scummy activity yesterday. I’m sure I’m near the top of a lot of people’s as well for my lack of activity. I don’t think it’s prudent to share my list because I don’t want to influence a scum!WCD to latch on to some town that I find scummy… but defend yourself.

If you’re town:

Why did you switch back to Dylan over e? You had a stated town read on Dylan at that point.
Why exactly did you switch off Dylan to begin with? You listed generics, but nothing strongly specific.
Why were you against a 2.718 Exile? What had he done to be townie? A lot of people found him the opposite.
Why did you trust faust? There were a number of things I found scummy about his play by end of B day. Not enough by any means to vote for him, but certainly enough that his presence on Dylan was a factor in my decision to vote Math.
What part of the Math (and 2.718) Wagon composition didn’t you like, and why?

These are all extremely relevant questions for you to answer to demonstrate your thoughts prior to the end of the day. If your town, certainly, but doubly so if you’re scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 24, 2022, 07:45:43 pm »

Like this post by Galzria and also very much appreciate MiX's explication of his reasoning re: faust and Galzria. I still have one question, for MiX, though. Why did you think Galz was the obvious nk choice?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 24, 2022, 07:48:57 pm »

I disagree with gkrieg here. It seems like an unnecessary risk to encourage X-1s so early. But I can see why he'd want to see a scola vote given how scummy scola has been so far.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 24, 2022, 09:01:42 pm »

I don’t think I’m stubborn here. I have a list of players that I think had scummy activity yesterday. I’m sure I’m near the top of a lot of people’s as well for my lack of activity. I don’t think it’s prudent to share my list because I don’t want to influence a scum!WCD to latch on to some town that I find scummy… but defend yourself.

If you’re town:

1. Why did you switch back to Dylan over e? You had a stated town read on Dylan at that point.
2. Why exactly did you switch off Dylan to begin with? You listed generics, but nothing strongly specific.
3. Why were you against a 2.718 Exile? What had he done to be townie? A lot of people found him the opposite.
4. Why did you trust faust? There were a number of things I found scummy about his play by end of B day. Not enough by any means to vote for him, but certainly enough that his presence on Dylan was a factor in my decision to vote Math.
5. What part of the Math (and 2.718) Wagon composition didn’t you like, and why?

These are all extremely relevant questions for you to answer to demonstrate your thoughts prior to the end of the day. If your town, certainly, but doubly so if you’re scum.

You haven't been stubborn yet, but you (probably) will be. Just like I almost always misread EFHW, you misread me and usually dig in about it. It's what you do. I don't have a problem with that. I will answer your questions, but as I said before, there is nothing I can do to actually prove you wrong short of a flip. But my issue is not with you, it is with the piling on with no reasonable explanation. So, f that. I am done with responding to them. Mathdude still hasn't answered EFHW's question about what exactly I did to create a "deeper hole". If there is woe is me, it is frustration but in all reality, it really is cool with me if I go. I'm not trying to take my ball and go home, just saying that since I am not hatched, I am no loss. Town will learn more form a hammered exile than a plurality exile and there is pretty much no way that it will happen unless scum is voting for me. So LFG.

I numbered your questions.
1. Why not? I didn't like Joth trying to blackmail me into voting for e, and I didn't find him scummy at all. No one had a compelling argument, and the people I trust most weren't voting there.
2. I already explained that. To me, he started off scummy in terms of presence and lack of substance. Then he had some towny posts (especially the enumerated one) and scola had some scummy ones + lack of engagement.
3. He has been present and involved and I don't find him scummy. This is also why I didn't vote for faust, EFHW, you, mathdude, gkrieg...and pretty much everyone else I didn't vote for.
4. Scum!faust doesn't usually play like he did yesterday (parking his vote and not moving). Scum!faust also generally seems more affable to me. Cranky faust is usually town.
5. e wagon: The MiX/Joth combo went from me to e. I know they were wrong about me, so I am not at all sure why they are right about him. then Joth saying this rubbed me the wrong way:
Didds, if we promise not to CFD to you, will you do us a solid and vote for e?
mathdude wagon... eh, I could have moved here. but that would have been pointless. And I am not sure how I feel about Swowl yet. I trust EFHW, but not as much as I trusted faust.

As far as my thoughts.... I wasn't having any big thoughts.  Dylan was going to be the plurality exile. I didn't see any reason to derail that with what information I had and my gut feelings. In retrospect, I should have just stayed on Scola since that is what I really thought but my VCA mentality makes a lone vote hard to stomach and I don't like being uncooperative.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 24, 2022, 09:31:40 pm »

I was thinking of it less as blackmail and more as just cutting a deal. But I recognize it probably looked a lot different to you, given that there was a threat or implied threat of exile for you. So, sorry.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 24, 2022, 09:49:59 pm »

I’m not mad, Joth. I thought it was playful, but also revealing, you know?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 24, 2022, 09:50:51 pm »

OTOH, I'm a bit mad. Maybe a bit more diplomacy would've flipped e instead of Dylan.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 24, 2022, 09:52:21 pm »

You say you had found faust more grumpy/adament/cranky (which is town!faust).

I was *highly* suspicious of faust when he didn’t rage!vote my Mathdude vote towards the end of the day (his response is at #465). I had read and caught up, analyzed my preference to Wagon, etc. A small part of my singular vote after the prod was to see how faust reacted.

What’s your take on his reaction to my vote (but not really post)?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 20 queries.