Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 110078 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: February 21, 2022, 10:50:04 pm »

I won't be on at deadline but will be able to check in in the morning.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 21, 2022, 10:50:54 pm »

I would switch back to e if there were a chance of that happening. Dylan is my least favorite of the viable wagons.

Hold on.

Its plurality exile and your vote switch took E! to 2 and brought Math up to 4. Prior they were tied at 3-3.
If you prefer E! over Math... why make the change?

So e was leading, then math voted for Dylan, putting Dylan in the lead. I preferred math to Dylan, and moving my vote made tied them at 4. Meanwhile, e really did seem stalled out (though it seems less so now? Idk)

In other words, staying on e didn’t make e a contender for the exile, but switching to math did make math a contender (though I don’t actually know how ties work with the plurality)
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 21, 2022, 11:45:58 pm »

Reread math, he's town. I was going to sheep him onto e, but he's townreading him now! math, why are you townreading e?

Good question.  I'm finding D1 I'm easily swayed by the amount of effort people put into trying to figure out something useful.  I'd like to say I'm not swayed by confirmation bias (by their reads on me, or by their reads on others too)... but I know that's likely not true, so that probably plays a part too.

e seems to be actively trying to figure stuff out the past couple days now... earlier D1, his posts seemed less useful to me.

And because of all this, and Dylan's recent flurry of activity, I'm not sure sure there either anymore.  But for now, my vote stays, even if right now just for self-preservation.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 21, 2022, 11:50:01 pm »

Hmmm…. Dylan’s engagement today is decidely more towny. I agree that Swowl is not playing in quite his normal way. I get the sense that he and Galz are work-busy, but I’m still wary.

This is normally when I’d follow Mix, but he’s not cooperating with that plan at all.

Vote: Scola

Is the 9am deadline forum time? The “your time” is confusing for me.

I re-read scola... which didn't take much effort!  (other than skipping over his posts from other parts of the forum!)

So he is "actively" being inactive here.  He's said he doesn't have much to say, so he says nothing.  He says he'll look again later, then admits he didn't and/or still has nothing to contribute.  I believe once he said he's too busy (long weekend IIRC?), yet his recent posts show he's had plenty of time to post in other non-mafia games on the forum.

Is he scummy or is this normal for him D1?  I don't know... but he's definitely being anti-town here.  I don't like anti-town.  How has he slipped by so long?

Also, I'm teaching in the morning, starting 1 hour before deadline, so there's no chance I'll be online for the final hour.  But I should be around before that.
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 21, 2022, 11:55:08 pm »

I would switch back to e if there were a chance of that happening. Dylan is my least favorite of the viable wagons.

Hold on.

Its plurality exile and your vote switch took E! to 2 and brought Math up to 4. Prior they were tied at 3-3.
If you prefer E! over Math... why make the change?

So e was leading, then math voted for Dylan, putting Dylan in the lead. I preferred math to Dylan, and moving my vote made tied them at 4. Meanwhile, e really did seem stalled out (though it seems less so now? Idk)

In other words, staying on e didn’t make e a contender for the exile, but switching to math did make math a contender (though I don’t actually know how ties work with the plurality)

So then you just are just like sold on one or both of them being skum then?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 22, 2022, 12:21:03 am »

To be clear I want you to post not so we have something to analyze, but because you signed up for a game and are now refusing to play it, and it makes the experience worse for everyone involved. I find your behaviour extremely rude.

So I'm sorry if something I did was found to be be bothersome? But extremely rude?  C'mon...

If it was just because I haven't posted much - it is what it is. Sometimes life interferes with things, and while I can find a minute here or there to read what others have posted, I' haven't had time to fully think about who may or may not be more scummy. And I do mean it when I say I don't really think in a game where no one knows there's role on D1, that there's any useful scum reading.

If you didn't like my reaction to your last post, sorry. I happened to wake up at 3am look at my phone see your post and nor want get prodded. So I typed something up. But really, it did feel like your had a little attitude towards me with:

This did not happen - shocker.

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 22, 2022, 12:24:45 am »

Hmmm…. Dylan’s engagement today is decidely more towny. I agree that Swowl is not playing in quite his normal way. I get the sense that he and Galz are work-busy, but I’m still wary.

This is normally when I’d follow Mix, but he’s not cooperating with that plan at all.

Vote: Scola

Is the 9am deadline forum time? The “your time” is confusing for me.

I re-read scola... which didn't take much effort!  (other than skipping over his posts from other parts of the forum!)

So he is "actively" being inactive here.  He's said he doesn't have much to say, so he says nothing.  He says he'll look again later, then admits he didn't and/or still has nothing to contribute.  I believe once he said he's too busy (long weekend IIRC?), yet his recent posts show he's had plenty of time to post in other non-mafia games on the forum.

Is he scummy or is this normal for him D1?  I don't know... but he's definitely being anti-town here.  I don't like anti-town.  How has he slipped by so long?

Also, I'm teaching in the morning, starting 1 hour before deadline, so there's no chance I'll be online for the final hour.  But I should be around before that.

This isn't really normal for my D1, but as explained in last post, have just not had time. these past few days. You mention plenty of time to post, but you'll also notice none if those are from last 3 days. So yeah, I did have some then, and yeah, I didn't post much here then either. (I would also say those other posts were in games which didn't require me to read through a lot and try to solve a mystery based on those, so even then, not really apples to apple).
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 22, 2022, 12:32:58 am »

Also, if D1 was normal vote, my vote would matter more, but since it's plurality, we will get an exile. So my lurking isn't really hurting town. i.e those who have described this as anti town are not being fair.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #458 on: February 22, 2022, 12:35:34 am »

Vote Count 1.5
A chef's hat has a number of pleats equal to the number of ways that chef can cook eggs.
mathdude (4) : EFHW, Swowl, infangthief, jotheonah
Dylan32 (4) : faust, 2.71828....., mathdude, gkrieg13
2.71828..... (2) : Galzria, Dylan32
WestCoastDidds (1) : MiX
scolapasta (1) : WestCoastDidds

Not voting (1) : scolapasta

Currently, mathdude is set to be exiled!  Day 1 ends February 22, 2022, 09:00:00 am your time (the time in the upper right hand corner of your page). That's just under 8½ hours from now.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 22, 2022, 12:37:52 am »

Also, if D1 was normal vote, my vote would matter more, but since it's plurality, we will get an exile. So my lurking isn't really hurting town. i.e those who have described this as anti town are not being fair.

your lurking hurts town because you don't generate any content or interactions for us to look back on later.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 22, 2022, 12:39:22 am »

mix - why are you on didds? did I miss something?
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 22, 2022, 12:40:21 am »

Wow, yikes. Time slips away when life starts happening.

Today is the second (last) day of the meet Swowl & I are at. I’m busy timing & coaching until mid-afternoon, but I’ve set notifications for myself to make sure I get caught up here tonight once I’m home.
This is Galria's last post... it seems those noticifications did not work out?

Request prod on Galzria
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 22, 2022, 12:42:55 am »

So I'm sorry if something I did was found to be be bothersome? But extremely rude?  C'mon...
Yes, extremely rude. You are constantly breaking the rules of the game.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 22, 2022, 12:47:10 am »

Hmmm…. Dylan’s engagement today is decidely more towny.
Why do you think so?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 22, 2022, 01:09:22 am »

vote: mathdude
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 22, 2022, 02:28:04 am »

vote: mathdude
Thank you for this very hight effort, totally not lazy vote!

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 22, 2022, 02:47:44 am »

Vote: e

Don't care about the math or Dylan wagons. I'll get Didds tomorrow.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 22, 2022, 02:49:38 am »

He's posting once every day, right? If so, then it's fine. Although I doubt he's done even that...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 22, 2022, 03:10:07 am »

He's posting once every day, right? If so, then it's fine. Although I doubt he's done even that...
I think he was in proddable range 3 times so far. Also I if it were as you say I would not agree that "it's fine". But that discussion can happen somewhere else.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 22, 2022, 03:11:55 am »

I would love to hear any arguments for why Dylan is town. So far all I've seen is like, concerns about wagon composition, or finding someone else scummier, and neither of those explains the vehemence of the opposition to me.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 22, 2022, 03:51:11 am »

And I do mean it when I say I don't really think in a game where no one knows there's role on D1, that there's any useful scum reading.
You've said this a couple of times now and I don't get it. Does having a PR help you hunt for scum D1? Does other people having a PR help you hunt for scum D1? How do you get on in a normal mafia game when you are VT?

Swowl's already called you out for this, but it is worth doing again. You seem to think that the goal of day 1 is to get an exile. Should we have just asked J Reggie if maybe he could have removed a player before the game started, and begun with N1 instead of D1? Better?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 22, 2022, 03:53:33 am »

And I do mean it when I say I don't really think in a game where no one knows there's role on D1, that there's any useful scum reading.
You've said this a couple of times now and I don't get it. Does having a PR help you hunt for scum D1? Does other people having a PR help you hunt for scum D1? How do you get on in a normal mafia game when you are VT?

Swowl's already called you out for this, but it is worth doing again. You seem to think that the goal of day 1 is to get an exile. Should we have just asked J Reggie if maybe he could have removed a player before the game started, and begun with N1 instead of D1? Better?

I mean sure I'll take that offer, if he rands between scum too.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 22, 2022, 03:56:10 am »

Cool we can just continue randomizing and we won't have to play a game at all!

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 22, 2022, 04:08:00 am »

Ah, what a chance we missed. We could have all not voted for anyone all day, would that have forced the mod to randomise the exile?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 22, 2022, 04:30:30 am »

I would love to hear any arguments for why Dylan is town. So far all I've seen is like, concerns about wagon composition, or finding someone else scummier, and neither of those explains the vehemence of the opposition to me.
Who do you think is vehemently opposing it?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.