Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 107269 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: February 21, 2022, 04:02:37 pm »

I would switch back to e if there were a chance of that happening. Dylan is my least favorite of the viable wagons.
Do you have a reason for that?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 21, 2022, 04:27:36 pm »

I'm still voting e for the same reasons I was before. I haven't seen anyone that has risen to the same level of scummy to me than him.

Not useful case for why I'm town:
A) I play better as scum, and I clearly haven't posted enough to be considered to have played well this game. Check win-loss record in signature for evidence of this difference.
2) I generally try to make stronger cases more aggressively as scum than I do as town, because I feel more confident pushing lies or false narratives as scum than pushing cases or narratives that I'm more likely statistically to be wrong about than right about.
D) Pretty sure faust reads me wrong when I'm town way more than he reads me correctly, going way back. Never made a big deal about it, but I literally don't remember him ever really pushing me for an extended period of time when I've been scum, but it happens pretty much every game I'm town in.
42) I'm the easy path of least resistance exile that will give town the least information if you flip me today. This doesn't really speak to being town, but I can confidently say I've never intentionally lurked to avoid giving information as scum and I don't plan on it. (Let the WIFOM abound now that I've said it)

Weird post. If I'm to believe your self-meta, then you cannot post this as scum. I'm kinda believing right now, but it seems so non-Dylan that I can't help but want to kill you for it. Are you just scum way too often, such that my default of you is scum!Dylan?

Also, cool enumeration system.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 21, 2022, 05:05:49 pm »

I'm still voting e for the same reasons I was before. I haven't seen anyone that has risen to the same level of scummy to me than him.

Not useful case for why I'm town:
A) I play better as scum, and I clearly haven't posted enough to be considered to have played well this game. Check win-loss record in signature for evidence of this difference.
2) I generally try to make stronger cases more aggressively as scum than I do as town, because I feel more confident pushing lies or false narratives as scum than pushing cases or narratives that I'm more likely statistically to be wrong about than right about.
D) Pretty sure faust reads me wrong when I'm town way more than he reads me correctly, going way back. Never made a big deal about it, but I literally don't remember him ever really pushing me for an extended period of time when I've been scum, but it happens pretty much every game I'm town in.
42) I'm the easy path of least resistance exile that will give town the least information if you flip me today. This doesn't really speak to being town, but I can confidently say I've never intentionally lurked to avoid giving information as scum and I don't plan on it. (Let the WIFOM abound now that I've said it)

Weird post. If I'm to believe your self-meta, then you cannot post this as scum. I'm kinda believing right now, but it seems so non-Dylan that I can't help but want to kill you for it. Are you just scum way too often, such that my default of you is scum!Dylan?

Also, cool enumeration system.

In reverse chronological order (most recent to oldest), I was: 3rd party, scum, town, scum, town. That last game thread was posted in November of 2020, so I think that's far enough back to encompass anything that would be considered "recent."
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 21, 2022, 05:09:54 pm »

Actually, I hadn't put the last two games in my signature yet, which was a town loss and a scum win. Updated now. M136 = town loss and RMM60 = scum win.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 21, 2022, 05:16:04 pm »

tl;dr - Yes, I am scum too often and you probably default to reading me as scum, because most people are town somewhat close to a ratio that you would expect, so their default meta is their town game and differences from that are scummy. For the last two years, what you've seen as my default is pretty much my scum meta.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 21, 2022, 05:36:12 pm »

I would be willing to vote for Swowl. Just ISO'd, and 15 posts are either entirely or mainly questions compared to only 9 posts that are purely observations, votes, or answers without an associated question, and a third of those were like "+1 good catch," "vote: somebody," and "disregard. obv it is." Could be wrong, but my memory of swowl is that there's more direct engagement and discussion than interrogation in their playstyle, so this feels scummy for them.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 21, 2022, 05:41:03 pm »

Also @Dylan, e has posted a bunch more since #91, when you voted him. What have you thought of those posts?

Not as scummy as the early posts, but not so towny that it moves the needle back to null.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 21, 2022, 05:43:30 pm »

Of the current wagons, I've got a pretty strong preference to exile e, (swowl would be here if there was a wagon), Didds next, and then MiX rather than mathdude, but MiX is null and I'm leaning slightly townie on mathdude, so I'd rather not exile either of them today.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 21, 2022, 05:55:19 pm »

2. @fang, can you substantiate your statement that math has an agenda to make MiX look scummy?

Yeh, not sure. I'll have a go.

The e/MiX thing being either/or started as something mathdude had "worked out" (seemingly in contrast to what his gut was telling him about which of e and MiX was more likely to be scum).
But later it turned out that the either/or thing was a gut feeling also.
So I kind of think he is abusing the term "gut feeling" to let him say anything he wants to.

That's the best way I can describe why I think the MiX shading is an agenda.
Below are the supporting quotes.

Here's the quote for the either/or thing being "worked out":
In that long chain of posts I just quoted, I almost forgot that I wanted to comment on this line specifically.

So I think e is scum and MiX is town.

I came to a very similar consensus - in my casual reading the last day and a bit, I had sort of worked out that it's probably either e or MiX as scum, but not likely both... and my gut was saying probably e.  At this point, having read through everything again, I'd be more inclined to lean towards MiX.

And here's the quote for the either/or thing being a gut feeling:
I agree with fang about mathdude, except for one thing. I'm voting him and fang isn't. Why not? That was part of your criticism of him, that he called things out but didn't vote.

You agree with me about mathdude? Do you agree with this thing I said to mathdude:

I don't have a problem with the format of your reads list, or you saying that you think MiX and e are not both scum. That is all fine in my view (though you need to be prepared for people to ask "why" you think that).
Yes, but when I asked what was behind his MiX/e read, he had nothing to point to. That makes the either/or scummy.

It was mostly a D1 gut read.  I felt like they were on different paths/priorities, but not an intentional "we need to not be connected" type of way.  And at the time I was making those initial thoughts, they seemed to be 2 of the most active.

Looking back now, I found 1 quote from each that probably influenced my reads as well.
There's a wagon on e? Haven't noticed. Have we even gotten a VC yet?
All these MiX votes. Did he do something recently that I should know about?

Or just MiX being MiX

Those two seem to be commenting on the other to stay relevant, but not getting connected.
(For this one, it is not absolutely clear whether the "It was mostly a D1 gut read" refers to the individual reads of e and MiX, or the either/or. But when he says that the MiX and e quotes "probably influenced" him, it becomes clear that he wants to say that the either/or was a "gut feeling".

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 21, 2022, 06:02:38 pm »

I am happy to switch back to e.

My main problem with the Dylan wagon is the people on it. I still think e and mathdude are scum and I am suspicious of faust also.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 21, 2022, 06:05:50 pm »

Also @Dylan, e has posted a bunch more since #91, when you voted him. What have you thought of those posts?

Not as scummy as the early posts, but not so towny that it moves the needle back to null.
What about my other question, re: MiX scumread underlying the e scumread?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 21, 2022, 06:09:23 pm »

For a few hours before deadline I'll be in a parallel universe (escape room). But I should be back for like an hour before deadline itself.

In case I don't make it out, are votes in parallel universes acceptable?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 21, 2022, 06:38:35 pm »

Fang, you’re Dylan strike through was hilarious.

Pasta is for sure not concerned about posting when he’s scum.
Did you click on it to check?

Listing, as in leaning to one side a bit? Or making lists? Or listening? Concerned or not concerned?

Sheesh! That was an autocorrect disaster. FIFMyself

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 21, 2022, 06:50:10 pm »

Hmmm…. Dylan’s engagement today is decidely more towny. I agree that Swowl is not playing in quite his normal way. I get the sense that he and Galz are work-busy, but I’m still wary.

This is normally when I’d follow Mix, but he’s not cooperating with that plan at all.

Vote: Scola

Is the 9am deadline forum time? The “your time” is confusing for me.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 21, 2022, 06:57:59 pm »

Reread math, he's town. I was going to sheep him onto e, but he's townreading him now! math, why are you townreading e?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 21, 2022, 07:15:00 pm »

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 21, 2022, 07:16:28 pm »

Probably should've written this in the previous post, but just quoting a question emanates so much energy.

I understand why people don't want to flip e. On the other hand, e and math have the same alignment. So I'm willing to vote for e? I'm still dying on the Didds wagon though.

I'm (sorta) around for deadline, so it should be okay.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #442 on: February 21, 2022, 07:28:51 pm »

Hmmm…. Dylan’s engagement today is decidely more towny. I agree that Swowl is not playing in quite his normal way. I get the sense that he and Galz are work-busy, but I’m still wary.

This is normally when I’d follow Mix, but he’s not cooperating with that plan at all.

Vote: Scola

Is the 9am deadline forum time? The “your time” is confusing for me.

It's whatever your time is set to display as, regardless of time zone. If you never changed your time zone settings, it will be forum time.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 21, 2022, 07:30:48 pm »

I would be willing to vote for Swowl. Just ISO'd, and 15 posts are either entirely or mainly questions compared to only 9 posts that are purely observations, votes, or answers without an associated question, and a third of those were like "+1 good catch," "vote: somebody," and "disregard. obv it is." Could be wrong, but my memory of swowl is that there's more direct engagement and discussion than interrogation in their playstyle, so this feels scummy for them.

you are late to the party on this one.
And also mis-remembering how I play (i.e. involvement level).
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 21, 2022, 08:16:34 pm »

I would switch back to e if there were a chance of that happening. Dylan is my least favorite of the viable wagons.

Hold on.

Its plurality exile and your vote switch took E! to 2 and brought Math up to 4. Prior they were tied at 3-3.
If you prefer E! over Math... why make the change?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 21, 2022, 08:21:25 pm »

PSA - coal in stockings this year for everyone without a shuffleIT username. annoying.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 21, 2022, 09:03:41 pm »

Reread math, he's town. *snip*

What are you seeing here that I am not?

#256 - Reads list post. Personally, I hate them day 1. Outside of that, mentioned other reasons specifically why I don't like it (those are opinions tbf, so whatever).

#258 - Important part = "I don't think I said they aren't both town.  They are my top 2 scum reads, individually.  But it's D1.  They could be T-vs-T and I'm completely wrong."
However, in the original post (which was literally only 2 posts earlier) Math says, quote "2.71828..... - seems scummy, but not if MiX is scum". Those are very contradicting statements.

#259 - I read as dismissive because they realize they messed up.

#287 - This on is a lot of words, and yes.. it could be seen as towny. However, the way I see it is that Math posted the reads list, then tried to sweep it under the rug, then the heat didn't go away so they came back with paragraphs of explanations. I would think Town would most likely respond in paragraphs, so to speak, prior to trying to be dismissive of the situation.

#374 and after - everything is either fluff or content that I believe (I know, bc he has pwned me previously) that math is capable of doing as skum. What they did not do is try to further anything on MiX or E!, and instead defaulted onto Dylan. To be clear, the defaulting onto Dylan is only slightly odd because they did not go for their other skum read with a wagon E!... but also could be self prez.

I am certainly less confident now than I was at the time that I placed the vote... but still my favorite option. How are the people that don't want Math anymore reading the posts differently than I am?

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 21, 2022, 09:07:30 pm »

just so it is said - DL is right when I wake up my time, so I am around for like 6-7 hours and then hopefully mobile just before end of day.
real good. That’s how

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 21, 2022, 10:45:23 pm »

Do you have a reason for that?

Yea. It’s because I like the other two wagons more.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 21, 2022, 10:48:10 pm »

you are late to the party on this one.
And also mis-remembering how I play (i.e. involvement level).

Yeah what you described is pretty standard day 1 Swowl. And he gets better in subsequent days.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 20 queries.