Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54  All

Author Topic: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 107349 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M137: Hatchling Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: February 18, 2022, 02:13:48 am »

Vote: Math
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 18, 2022, 04:53:14 am »

Do you find it skumy when people do this?
I find it anti-town. Whether it's scummy depend on context and the individual's meta.

ok fine. do you find it skummy when mix does this?
No.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2022, 04:54:40 am »

More people should be voting for Dylan by the way. Don't worry, I was assured that doing that takes very little effort.

Why?
Because he's scum. And also a lurker. It's the perfect combination!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2022, 04:56:57 am »

I think faust is town. I have a very specific reason for thinking it that is a sort of tell that I have been slowly becoming more convinced about over time (that probably wouldn't be extremely persuasive to anybody else until I go back and get the receipts), but I don't want to give it away just for a D1 early read.
At which point would you be willing to give it away?

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2022, 06:59:47 am »

scolapasta, were you aware that the game had started?

what information were you hoping to gain from this?

You have to ask fang. I was just noticing that scola hadn't answered fang's question about was he aware.

woops! good point.

Fang?
An Interesting Situation has developed.

Swowl, I feel you do this a lot - asking what was the point of asking a question. And it is a good attitude to have. But this time I am going to throw it back at you. Why do you think I asked scola that? Did it occur to you to ask him?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2022, 08:07:30 am »

So, mathdude, eh?

I disagree with pretty much everything he has said the last couple of pages. Actually, the whole game (which is pretty much the same thing).

Shall I comment on every single thing? Probably that would be mostly noise.
Shall I put down a vote? Maybe. Some of it is scummy stuff, some of it is just disagreement. But how can it happen on pretty much everything?? I know his background is playing mafia elsewhere, which supposedly explains some of this.
I'm trying to remember dwarf mafia (the only other game I played with him). I think there was some of this going on. And he turned out to be scum.
Maybe I should go and find a game where he was town and read that, see if it triggers all the same frustration.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 18, 2022, 08:09:07 am »

Ok, useful question. mathdude, do you still play mafia elsewhere (online or in person), or is f.ds the only place you play these days?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 18, 2022, 08:24:23 am »

In the meantime, vote: faust

And I understand how easy it will be to go back to voting e.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 18, 2022, 08:37:50 am »

At this point I refuse to leave the e wagon on principal. But I'm coming around to scum!Didds.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2022, 08:51:53 am »

At this point I refuse to leave the e wagon on principal. But I'm coming around to scum!Didds.

But Joth, I don't want you to be wrong! Then you will be sad.

I, on the other hand, am coming around to scum Math, but I am 100% okay with my current vote on dylan.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 18, 2022, 09:04:44 am »

If you are scum, I'm sorry for you! I know it's not your favorite and you are rolling it a lot lately! But that's neither here nor there.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 18, 2022, 09:24:35 am »

Alright, it seems this is becoming a big deal.  I recognize (and did recognize when I posted it) that many of you would disagree with what/how I was posting.  I realize that f.ds mafia doesn't like prompting/leading to the next exile.  It might be semantics, but I see a difference with saying "if we exile e today and he's town, then we need to exile MiX tomorrow because he's probably scum then"... and "I think it's quite likely that one of Mix and e are scum - I don't know which one, but I'm fairly sure one of them is".  Some of you seem to think that by saying the 2nd, I'm implying the 1st.  I disagree.

What I posted was my version of a reads list.  As an overall, many of you will post "this person is the scummiest, then this person, then this person... etc. and this is my chummiest", or "these 3 people I'm fairly sure are town, these 2 I think are, these 3 are probably scum, and I'm definitely sure this person is scum".  To me, people don't fit on a sliding scale like that, even D1.  Yes, I see MiX as scummy right now.  Yes, I see e as scummy.  They would probably be my top 2 (though Didds might have jumped ahead of e recently).  But I've got a gut feeling, based on their interactions, posts, and reads, that they cannot be scum together.  So I state that.

Would that be more useful for me to say D2 if we exile one and find out they're town?  Maybe.  But what if I don't make it through N1?  (I'm not counting on flipping as a hatched tree stump!)  Then, even though f.ds usually doesn't look at dead townie players' posts and reads (and I really think they should, and will continue to say that)... at least I've shared my opinions on people *and* my interpreted connections, which start becoming more useful D2.  I recognize that I have some polarizing views, and that might make me a D1 exile or a N1 kill, so I feel that getting my thoughts out there early is more helpful than taking them with me to the abyss (or wherever it is we get exiled to).

If you want to policy-exile me for saying "if not x, then y" on D1, I can't stop you.  But at some point, f.ds will realize that's not me being scummy.  That's just me.  And really, if I was scum trying to stay under the radar, knowing this would raise a flag, would I really say it?  (I know, WIFOM, but still.) 

Ok, useful question. mathdude, do you still play mafia elsewhere (online or in person), or is f.ds the only place you play these days?

I do play fairly regularly with a group of people still.  Often we're in person, but sometimes we use an online site to play virtually.
he/him

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 18, 2022, 09:36:18 am »

I don't have a problem with the format of your reads list, or you saying that you think MiX and e are not both scum. That is all fine in my view (though you need to be prepared for people to ask "why" you think that).

When I said "I disagree with pretty much everything", those were things that were not included! It was everything else!

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 18, 2022, 09:39:18 am »

I don't have a problem with the format of your reads list, or you saying that you think MiX and e are not both scum. That is all fine in my view (though you need to be prepared for people to ask "why" you think that).

When I said "I disagree with pretty much everything", those were things that were not included! It was everything else!

Okay, then it would probably be helpful for you to explain exactly what you disagree with.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 18, 2022, 09:40:57 am »

Also, I have now skim-read some of your town games (Conference Call, Memento, Wizard of Oz, Groundhog Day) and it is interesting... but I won't share yet what I think on that.
You were scum in Among Us and Dwarfs, and you were also in Battlestar Galactica I and II. Anything I've missed, or any of those I should particularly read do you think?

PPE 1

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 18, 2022, 10:24:30 am »

Also, I have now skim-read some of your town games (Conference Call, Memento, Wizard of Oz, Groundhog Day) and it is interesting... but I won't share yet what I think on that.
You were scum in Among Us and Dwarfs, and you were also in Battlestar Galactica I and II. Anything I've missed, or any of those I should particularly read do you think?

PPE 1

That sounds like a fairly comprehensive list. I don't track what I've all been in, what roles I had, or my win rate. But that list looks good.

The more recent games would be more relevant. Earlier games I was trying to learn f.ds meta and for in. More recently, I'm realizing "what's the point... play the game the way I feel comfortable"

Okay, then it would probably be helpful for you to explain exactly what you disagree with.

Definitely this. I thought that was the main concern from people. But if there's other things you want addressed, either bring them up specifically, or expect your "I disagree with everything else" to get ignored.
he/him

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 18, 2022, 10:49:23 am »

PPE 1

That sounds like a fairly comprehensive list. I don't track what I've all been in, what roles I had, or my win rate. But that list looks good.

The more recent games would be more relevant. Earlier games I was trying to learn f.ds meta and for in. More recently, I'm realizing "what's the point... play the game the way I feel comfortable"

Definitely this. I thought that was the main concern from people. But if there's other things you want addressed, either bring them up specifically, or expect your "I disagree with everything else" to get ignored.

Yeah, being the D1 exile in your first several games probably helped form the "What's the point?" attitude lol. Sorry again.

Mathdude is town :p
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2022, 10:58:50 am »

If you are scum, I'm sorry for you! I know it's not your favorite and you are rolling it a lot lately! But that's neither here nor there.

It was like three games in a row! I did not like it one bit. The green egg sigh of relief was audible.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2022, 11:55:23 am »

I don't want this to become a big thing, especially as the disagreement is probably just subjective in most cases. Like I'm not saying you should agree with me on these things.

Better late than never! Not sure where to go yet. My default setting says to vote for MiX, but I see there's a few there already so I'll wait until I read in more depth.
1. Don't wait, wagon was only 2. (Or if you've really not read at all, don't come into the game intending to vote for a default person.)

I did enjoy the discussion between faust and joth - it was very enlightening, albeit not very alignment-indicative (pretty much meta for both).  I didn't find some of the responses (I know there was one that said something like "I agree with faust, by the way") to be somewhat pointless and not very helpful, but what can you do.  It is good to know that we have different opinions of what is helpful to share and what is not - then as people are sharing different than what they normally would, we can start to parse out information about why.  All-in-all though, typically day-1 fluff, to look engaged, offer opinions, and yet not move the actual scum-hunting forward.  No town points and no scum points to anyone for that discussion.  (And yes, I realize this post of mine calling it unhelpful is just as unhelpful!)
Three things here:
2. "Enlightening but NAI." So not enlightening. Long paragraph to come up with nothing.
3. The "I agree with faust, by the way" (by gkrieg) was actually an interesting moment, because it had seemed like gkrieg was arguing against faust.
4. If you think this was fluff to look engaged then award scum points!

#248 (rather long to quote)
5. I felt I disagreed with it when I first read it, but I don't know really. Maybe it's ok.

Can you tell everyone to stop posting to limit how much I need to catch up on?

mathdude being jokey anti-town here. Excited to see his catch-up.

I'm curious as to why you say being jokey is anti-town.  Is that your default when you post as scum?  Do you think that's our group's meta?  Are you implying it's mine?  Obviously I don't have an outside perspective, but I feel I'm more comfortable posting whatever comes to mind as town (which for me tends to be a lot of sarcasm and jokey comments), and try to be more careful to stay out of the spotlight when I'm scum.
6. gkrieg was saying that you were joking about being anti-town (wanting people to stop posting), not that being jokey is anti-town.

In that long chain of posts I just quoted, I almost forgot that I wanted to comment on this line specifically.

So I think e is scum and MiX is town.

I came to a very similar consensus - in my casual reading the last day and a bit, I had sort of worked out that it's probably either e or MiX as scum, but not likely both... and my gut was saying probably e.  At this point, having read through everything again, I'd be more inclined to lean towards MiX.
7. Taking my line completely out of context, like it was a read. Ok, that one's the most subjective because it's about my own post. Maybe no-one else got what I was on about either.

So there we go. I've numbered them and would say:
(3), (6) and (7) are just differences in understanding.
(1) and (4) are anti-town, unless they (along with (2) and (5)) are part of some hidden agenda to buddy faust and malign MiX, in which case they are scummy.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2022, 12:01:19 pm »

mathdude is moving up my scummy list. fang is moving up my townie list.

calling the scum team: Didds, e, and mathdude. BAM.

He/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2022, 12:08:46 pm »

In the meantime, vote: faust

And I understand how easy it will be to go back to voting e.

I feel like this is indicative of town!fang
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2022, 12:10:09 pm »

I also feel as though this is indicative of town!joth
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2022, 12:12:28 pm »

What do people think of Didds this game?

I think she might be scum. The last time she townread me, she was scum.

But isn't she scum reading you this time?

That's not how I read it. I guess she has clarified now, in any case.

It is a good enough reason to not vote them D1!

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2022, 12:17:48 pm »

e has good takes, I'm willing to sheep him on his non-e reads.

In that long chain of posts I just quoted, I almost forgot that I wanted to comment on this line specifically.

So I think e is scum and MiX is town.

I came to a very similar consensus - in my casual reading the last day and a bit, I had sort of worked out that it's probably either e or MiX as scum, but not likely both... and my gut was saying probably e.  At this point, having read through everything again, I'd be more inclined to lean towards MiX.
7. Taking my line completely out of context, like it was a read. Ok, that one's the most subjective because it's about my own post. Maybe no-one else got what I was on about either.

Sign me up for someone that did not understand your post then: I thought the post was made to justify the conclusion that math quoted.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2022, 12:18:04 pm »

I do like my gkrieg vote more and more
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.