Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Seaside 2E Announced  (Read 13725 times)

Oyvind

• Golem
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
Re: Seaside 2E Announced
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2022, 06:46:19 pm »

Based on the following image that shows all the 2E cards in the rulebook, it can be deduced which cards have been removed:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/6638068/dominion-seaside

And the new cards include 2 (white) action cards and 7 duraction cards

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dominion/comments/t6ehij/navigator_removed_in_seaside_2e_confirmed/hzbnjxa/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I’m not sure I agree. There seems to be 10 white action cards and 14 orange duraction cards in total. I think the three cards on the pictured right hand side of the rulebook are Island (at the top), a yellow treasure card and a blue reaction card. The rulebook seems to group the cards by color.
If I’m correct, the nine new cards should be 1 white action card, 6 orange durations cards, 1 yellow treasure card and 1 blue reaction card.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 11:31:18 am by Oyvind »

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2022, 04:11:01 am »

Based on the following image that shows all the 2E cards in the rulebook, it can be deduced which cards have been removed:

The removed cards are: Ambassador, Embargo, Explorer, Ghost Ship, Navigator, Pearl Diver, Pirate Ship, Sea Hag
The removal of Embargo and Pirate Ship means that 2E comes without any tokens. But the rule book still shows the Island and Native Village mats.

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dominion/comments/t6ehij/navigator_removed_in_seaside_2e_confirmed/hzbnjxa/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I've downloaded the ASS Handelskatalog which is given as a source for the BGG image, but it shows another Seaside rulebook image on p. 96 than the BGG image does. I can quite clearly identify Ambassador, Pirate Ship and Sea Hag on the right-hand side of the ASS Handelskatalog rulebook. So I would wait for a more reliable source of the list of removed cards...

That’s an image of the first edition, though (with only 26 kingdom piles).

I suppose you're right. The German text in the ASS catalogue also doesn't mention replaced cards, unlike the text in the BGG image.

But it's still strange that the BGG image is different from the one in the so-called source. It's conceivable that ASS changed its trading catalogue since January without changing its URL, but why would they revert the image from 2nd edition Seaside to 1st edition?  ???

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2022, 09:06:49 am »
+1

The removed cards are: Ambassador, Embargo, Explorer, Ghost Ship, Navigator, Pearl Diver, Pirate Ship, Sea Hag
The removal of Embargo and Pirate Ship means that 2E comes without any tokens. But the rule book still shows the Island and Native Village mats.

Source:

I've downloaded the ASS Handelskatalog which is given as a source for the BGG image, but it shows another Seaside rulebook image on p. 96 than the BGG image does. I can quite clearly identify Ambassador, Pirate Ship and Sea Hag on the right-hand side of the ASS Handelskatalog rulebook. So I would wait for a more reliable source of the list of removed cards...

That’s an image of the first edition, though (with only 26 kingdom piles).

I suppose you're right. The German text in the ASS catalogue also doesn't mention replaced cards, unlike the text in the BGG image.

But it's still strange that the BGG image is different from the one in the so-called source. It's conceivable that ASS changed its trading catalogue since January without changing its URL, but why would they revert the image from 2nd edition Seaside to 1st edition?  ???

I’m not in the know, but my guess is that someone, perhaps Rio Grande Games, reacted to the fact that the catalogue spoiled their coming release and demanded that the catalogue was reverted back to it’s former state. The BGG image also mentions that this is the 2nd edition, while stating that the 1st edition is sold out. There’s no mention of any editions in the current catalogue, just that Seaside’s available again in April after being temporarily out of stock.

I think the BGG image is legit, and I’m both a bit saddened and very enthused by the news. Some personal favorites are removed, but I’m thrilled to see what they come up with of new cards. Only one attack card remains, and Cutpurse is definitely not the strongest one. If I’m correct in assuming that we’ll finally get a reaction card in this set, having just Cutpurse as an attack card seems very strange.

Even though I’m sad to see a couple of cool cards go, I think the most important thing to keep the game vibrant and strong is to refine balance and cut down on time-consuming actions or difficult wordings.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2022, 11:44:18 am »
+7

I'm amazed if it's really true that Ambassador and Ghost Ship are being excised. Both are strong, unique, fun and interesting cards, and I haven't heard many people criticize them.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2022, 07:02:39 pm »
+2

I'm amazed if it's really true that Ambassador and Ghost Ship are being excised. Both are strong, unique, fun and interesting cards, and I haven't heard many people criticize them.

Nothing fun about Ghost Ship imo. good riddance.

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2022, 07:03:48 pm »
+2

Nothing fun about Ghost Ship imo. good riddance.

pff you guys have fun when you play dominion?

Vengil

• Scout
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2022, 08:03:41 pm »
+4

I am very satisfied with the cards removed.
- Lookout is not removed. This was my favorite card from this expansion.
- Ghost Ship was very unbalanced. I suspected that this card would go away.
- Ambassador was slowing down the game. the creator had already said so. He didn't like this card.
- I think we will have better cards instead of the other removed cards.

I hope there will be a French translation again. The latest translated expansion is Adventure... :(
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 06:02:12 am by Vengil »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2022, 10:38:24 pm »
+1

Although it’s possible that the photo is legitimate, I’m still going to wait until Donald releases the information on what was removed. And what was added. Until Donald releases the information I’m not going to assume those are the cards going. Although I am a little surprised to see ghost ship and ambassador kicking the bucket if that photo is legitimate. And I wouldn’t mind seeing those both go as long as they added a couple of new attack cards. Considering that are so many new attack cards in the dominion Allies expansion, it’s not unreasonable to assume they add more attack cards to seaside, especially if cutpurse is the only one that survives. It makes lighthouse almost obsolete if cutpurse is the only attack card.

Renaissance has at least 2, guilds and alchemy only had 2 each. Prosperity and empires and hinterlands have 3 each. Cornucopia and intrigue and menagerie and seaside currently have 4 each. Nocturne has 6.  Adventures technically has 7. And Allies has at least 7 attacks from what the teaser said. With dark ages having the most attack cards. If you include the knights, one of which is two attacks. It’s at least 8 attack cards. If you still count the knights as one attack card they still have 7 attack cards. Now of course I’m including cards that have attack In the name. I’m not including possession or I’ll gotten gains for instance. Still with alchemy and guilds being the smallest expansions they at least have 2 attack cards. Which means it’s reasonable too assume they will add at least one new attack card to seaside. Especially if only cutpurse survives. Still I’m going to wait until Donald announces the cards removed and the new cards added.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2022, 06:18:04 am »

Although it’s possible that the photo is legitimate, I’m still going to wait until Donald releases the information on what was removed. And what was added. Until Donald releases the information I’m not going to assume those are the cards going. Although I am a little surprised to see ghost ship and ambassador kicking the bucket if that photo is legitimate. And I wouldn’t mind seeing those both go as long as they added a couple of new attack cards.

Yes, it would be surprising if Donald now removed strong cards. The cards removed from base game and Intrigue were mostly very weak and rarely bought, after all. OTOH, there aren't 8 super-weak cards in Seaside, it was already much more balanced than base game 1st edition.

If Ambassador is removed, I would like Donald to add a similar but more balanced version of the concept. E.g. increasing the price to $4 and letting it trash cards instead of returning them to the supply would already greatly reduce the "Estate tennis" at the start of the game...

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2022, 06:53:16 am »
+1

Although it’s possible that the photo is legitimate, I’m still going to wait until Donald releases the information on what was removed. And what was added. Until Donald releases the information I’m not going to assume those are the cards going. Although I am a little surprised to see ghost ship and ambassador kicking the bucket if that photo is legitimate. And I wouldn’t mind seeing those both go as long as they added a couple of new attack cards. Considering that are so many new attack cards in the dominion Allies expansion, it’s not unreasonable to assume they add more attack cards to seaside, especially if cutpurse is the only one that survives. It makes lighthouse almost obsolete if cutpurse is the only attack card.

Renaissance has at least 2, guilds and alchemy only had 2 each. Prosperity and empires and hinterlands have 3 each. Cornucopia and intrigue and menagerie and seaside currently have 4 each. Nocturne has 6.  Adventures technically has 7. And Allies has at least 7 attacks from what the teaser said. With dark ages having the most attack cards. If you include the knights, one of which is two attacks. It’s at least 8 attack cards. If you still count the knights as one attack card they still have 7 attack cards. Now of course I’m including cards that have attack In the name. I’m not including possession or I’ll gotten gains for instance. Still with alchemy and guilds being the smallest expansions they at least have 2 attack cards. Which means it’s reasonable too assume they will add at least one new attack card to seaside. Especially if only cutpurse survives. Still I’m going to wait until Donald announces the cards removed and the new cards added.

Would be nice to do this…
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 06:55:03 am by Oyvind »

Vengil

• Scout
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2022, 09:05:28 am »

Why hide removed cards?
I did it. But I don't know why. ^^'

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2022, 09:17:12 am »
+1

Why hide removed cards?
I did it. But I don't know why. ^^'

It’s a spoiler. People might want to join in on the conversation about Seaside 2E and speculating without necessarily wanting to know the specifics before the official release. I didn’t mean to be singling anyone out, I just felt that they didn’t consider this aspect, but I see now that my post may have appeared to be a bit rude. That wasn’t my intention, so I’m sorry. :) I know we don’t know the authenticity of the image for sure, but it’s probably the best source we have until the official announcement(s).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 09:18:14 am by Oyvind »

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2022, 07:09:38 am »
+3

It seems that there was another leak on the website of ASS Altenburger on Thursday here: https://www.spielkarten.com/uncategorized/dominion-seaside-2-edition/
Link to the image file in full size: https://www.spielkarten.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/NP22111_SM_Dominion_HPNews_Sea_1080x1080.jpg

Three existing cards are confirmed.
Wharf, Native Village, Island

Two new cards were revealed.

Piratin (female form of Pirate)                                   
Type: Action - Duration - Reaction                         
Cost: unknown (covered by another card)
(Card text undecipherable, probably something with         
Zu Beginn deines Zuges nimm dir eine Geldkarte, die bis zu $6 kostet auf deinen Nachziehstapel.
(At the begin of your turn gain a Treasure card costing up to $6 on top of your deck.))
---
?? (Second part undecipherable)                   

-------------------------------------------------------

?? (Name undecipherable)               
Type: Treasure - Duration                     
Cost: $3                     
(Card text undecipherable, probably: Jetzt und zu Beginn deines nächsten Zuges. / Now and at the begin of your next turn.)
1 $         
+1 Buy                                   
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 11:01:29 am by King Leon »

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2022, 08:42:22 am »

The second one is a Treasure-Duration, which is cool.

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2022, 12:14:49 pm »

The second one is a Treasure-Duration, which is cool.
I guess, that card will be the replacement for Lighthouse            .

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2022, 05:51:46 pm »
+3

As someone who hasn't played much since the iso era, hearing that Ambassador might be gone makes me a little sad. It was one of the most interesting and game-defining cards of that era. Learning that returning two coppers is better than returning one estate was for me a highly counter-intuitive insight (despite knowing it's good to trash coppers in general).

It also would typically transform games into highly interactive tug-of-wars, which has the merit of being different from the usual way games would play out, which was good for variety. Though that might have been partly because it fit two important roles (trasher and junker) into a single kingdom slot, which was more important when dud cards were more frequent.

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2022, 06:44:25 pm »

It seems that there was another leak on the website of ASS Altenburger on Thursday here: https://www.spielkarten.com/uncategorized/dominion-seaside-2-edition/
Link to the image file in full size: https://www.spielkarten.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/NP22111_SM_Dominion_HPNews_Sea_1080x1080.jpg

Three existing cards are confirmed.
Wharf, Native Village, Island

Two new cards were revealed.

Piratin (female form of Pirate)                                   
Type: Action - Duration - Reaction                         
Cost: unknown (covered by another card)
(Card text undecipherable, probably something with         
Zu Beginn deines Zuges nimm dir eine Geldkarte, die bis zu $6 kostet auf deinen Nachziehstapel.
(At the begin of your turn gain a Treasure card costing up to $6 on top of your deck.))
---
?? (Second part undecipherable)                   

-------------------------------------------------------

?? (Name undecipherable)               
Type: Treasure - Duration                     
Cost: $3                     
(Card text undecipherable, probably: Jetzt und zu Beginn deines nächsten Zuges. / Now and at the begin of your next turn.)
1 $         
+1 Buy                                   

Even though both these cards are durations, it seems like I was correct in suggesting that this set will finally have both a treasure and a reaction. I’m looking so forward to this updated set!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.