Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Playing Diadem on another players' turn  (Read 586 times)

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
Playing Diadem on another players' turn
« on: December 30, 2021, 10:44:22 am »

If I play a Diadem when it is not my turn (via, say, Sheepdog reacting to another player's Witch as Way of the Mouse as Black Market), how many coins do I get? Should I be tracking actions on other players' turns? Presumably I start with 1 Action, as usual.

Caravan Guard says that "(+1 Action has no effect if it's not your turn.)" Is that simply general guidance because, in the scenario I just described, playing Caravan Guards via its reaction would increase the coins I subsequently get from Diadem?

dane-m

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dane-m
  • Respect: +196
    • View Profile
Re: Playing Diadem on another players' turn
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 11:19:00 am »

Diadem doesn't give Coffers (if that's what you meant by 'coins').  Also you don't have any Actions in another player's turn, so Diadem would give zero '$' in the scenario you outline.  I had been going to say that it was in any case impossible to spend anything when it's not your turn, but then it occurred to me that if Caravan Guard is in the Kingdom together with Way of the Mouse with Black Market as its set aside card, then it is possible.  I think!

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 02:31:45 pm »
+1

Diadem doesn't give Coffers (if that's what you meant by 'coins').  Also you don't have any Actions in another player's turn, so Diadem would give zero '$' in the scenario you outline.  I had been going to say that it was in any case impossible to spend anything when it's not your turn, but then it occurred to me that if Caravan Guard is in the Kingdom together with Way of the Mouse with Black Market as its set aside card, then it is possible.  I think!

Oh my gosh, this is amazing. You attack me with your Legionary? Ha-ha, I play my Caravan Guard via Way of the Mouse to play Black Market, play all my Treasures (including my Diadem) to empty my hand, buy something with the accumulated cash, and then net +1 card—all on your turn!

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 05:19:27 pm »
+2

If I play a Diadem when it is not my turn (via, say, Sheepdog reacting to another player's Witch as Way of the Mouse as Black Market), how many coins do I get? Should I be tracking actions on other players' turns? Presumably I start with 1 Action, as usual.

Caravan Guard says that "(+1 Action has no effect if it's not your turn.)" Is that simply general guidance because, in the scenario I just described, playing Caravan Guards via its reaction would increase the coins I subsequently get from Diadem?

You do get +Actions and +Coins from playing cards during other players turns. Usually these are not useful (you start your turn with 1 Action and zero Coins anyway). But +Actions matter if you play Diadem. And +Coins matter if you play Black Market or Storyteller.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.