Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24  All

Author Topic: BM 34: Groundhog's Day Mafia -- GAME OVER, mafia wins flawlessly  (Read 42534 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: BM 34: Groundhog's Day Mafia
« Reply #350 on: January 19, 2022, 09:00:48 am »

I think we should just exile Galzria.

Perhaps if we exile scum something happens?

Vote: Galz
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 19, 2022, 11:44:47 am »

So one thing to note is that if we do continue to have more D1s were exiled / NKed people are still able to post, then investigative roles become more powerful. Though I wonder if they can still do their thing, and this is true for any role, if exiled or NKed. At the very least, they'd be able to report back past results.

I think this makes me in favor if the mass claim - i.e if we reveal a cop and scum NKs them, they'd still be able to give us a result. (I could imagine a mechanic though were they become "insane" once exiled or removed, so we should take their results with a grain of salt).

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 19, 2022, 12:50:31 pm »

I wonder what would happen if we tried to exile swowl again? Not saying we should, though...
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #353 on: January 19, 2022, 01:13:01 pm »

Actually it's possible that it only takes 4 to exile today, if we only have 6 people who are still actually alive in the game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 19, 2022, 01:50:26 pm »

math, are you going to claim?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 19, 2022, 01:51:12 pm »

Just curious, why am I second in the claim order?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 19, 2022, 01:53:15 pm »

Just curious, why am I second in the claim order?

Fair question. Remind me to answer after the claims are done.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 19, 2022, 06:09:20 pm »

Sorry for the delay in responding... absolutely hectic day with work today... from marking and planning last night, falling asleep doing it, teaching today, and following up with a hundred things after school.

Thinking it over because I got nothing but time. New order:

Math
EFHW
Awaclus
WCD
GK
MiX
Pasta

Why the change? I realize this will likely make you and others want me even more to go first, but I'll say it anyway.

I had no issues being second on the initial order, because the only person I needed to hear from before but claim was Awaclus, and you had him first. Why? For reasons.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 19, 2022, 06:50:08 pm »

I wonder what would happen if we tried to exile swowl again? Not saying we should, though...

I was wondering the same thing. But are we too late in the game? Missing exile first D1 probably ruined this?
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 19, 2022, 06:52:04 pm »

math, are you going to claim?

Again, acknowledging that it makes me look more scummy, I'd like to hear a response from Swowl and I'd prefer to have Awaclus claim first.
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 19, 2022, 07:40:40 pm »

Sorry for the delay in responding... absolutely hectic day with work today... from marking and planning last night, falling asleep doing it, teaching today, and following up with a hundred things after school.

Thinking it over because I got nothing but time. New order:

Math
EFHW
Awaclus
WCD
GK
MiX
Pasta

Why the change? I realize this will likely make you and others want me even more to go first, but I'll say it anyway.

I had no issues being second on the initial order, because the only person I needed to hear from before but claim was Awaclus, and you had him first. Why? For reasons.

Ah yes, those "reasons".  Elusive "reasons".  Sounds very familiar... like we seem to have this discussion every other game why some people don't give their "reasons".

I posted the first list after a re read. Then I did individual IOS on everyone, which altered my opinion on what I thought the order should be.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 19, 2022, 07:41:38 pm »

Why in the world would you as town say publicly "you need Awaclus to go first?"

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 19, 2022, 07:57:27 pm »

I was wondering the same thing. But are we too late in the game? Missing exile first D1 probably ruined this?

Why are so many people bringing up the concept of exiling an IC?
I get it, its a bastard game yeah yeah.... but I would think it is safe to say there is enough going on that assumes to be favoring skum without adding on lies about the flip. Which is outlandish even for a BM.

We need to stop stalling, we need to get the claims going.
Math - I am sorry the switch of order bugs you, regardless of role, if I were you, it would bug me too, but we have short days and we need to have time to process stuff.
real good. That’s how

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 19, 2022, 09:06:09 pm »

Why are so many people bringing up the concept of exiling an IC?
I get it, its a bastard game yeah yeah.... but I would think it is safe to say there is enough going on that assumes to be favoring skum without adding on lies about the flip. Which is outlandish even for a BM.

To be clear, it's not exiling an IC, but exiling an already exiled IC. But yeah, I wasn't actually suggesting we do it, and speculating about it is likely just a waste of time.

Though, it did get some reaction from my (still) top scumread, so maybe that's useful?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 19, 2022, 10:12:53 pm »

vote: math. The last time someone stalled claiming this much, they were scum (Swowl).

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 19, 2022, 10:26:11 pm »

Joth, when does the day end? I didn't see it in the start of day post.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 20, 2022, 12:03:15 am »

As I said already... " for reasons".

Really though, he needs to claim before me. I don't want to say much more, but I will explain after.

I think it's safe to add this:
If I claim first, I believe neither I nor anyone else gets information about him, but he will be able to validate my claim.
If he claims first, then his claim can be validated or easily proven false.

I think it's better for us if we can have more information even if it makes me more suspect, rather than me claiming first and having only my claim validated.
he/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 20, 2022, 12:12:45 am »

So you’re soft claiming (or even hard claiming) tracker/watcher, with information on Awaclus that you don’t want to reveal first because he can then just “confirm”. If he claims first, you can “confirm” (or not) his actions.

Math - Does your role have an odd/even Night modifier like mine did?

Swowl, do you still prefer math to go first, or should Awaclus? If they’re both town, I don’t think it matters. But if one is scum, we’ll either end up in a 1-v-1 or get no further information (as math suggests). I doubt they’re both scum, the way math is dragging on this.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 20, 2022, 12:19:07 am »

As I said already... " for reasons".

Really though, he needs to claim before me. I don't want to say much more, but I will explain after.

I think it's safe to add this:
If I claim first, I believe neither I nor anyone else gets information about him, but he will be able to validate my claim.
If he claims first, then his claim can be validated or easily proven false.

I think it's better for us if we can have more information even if it makes me more suspect, rather than me claiming first and having only my claim validated.

I should elaborate - I was not asking literally why you did it, I get you said reasons. I was moderately sarcastically asking why in the world you would specifically say I want Awaclus to go ahead of me because I have info on Awaclus that I can verify and all that - because that in hand TELLS Awaclus this. That doesn't make sense.

It is a BM so anything is possible, so it is almost 100% for sure that nothing you know is easy to validate both you and Awaclus. The only exception, which (given BM) would still not be "easy", but potentially graspable at this stage, would be if you had a hard result - which you don't because you would not care if he went first or not. So you are essentially claiming tracker or watcher or some varient of that... so why would you sayyyy anything? You could of just said "I will give my N1 shit at the end" or something, that happens all the time.

PPE lol ppe galz - great minds.

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 20, 2022, 12:21:42 am »

Allllll that being said...

It is best for town at this point because, again annoying agreeing with my top skum read (but it is still true) it is very unlikely Math and Awaclus are BOTH skum ... and Math wants to make a one on one...

So yeah Awaclus you are up first please.
Second is Math.
EFHW third, then rest of list.
real good. That’s how

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #370 on: January 20, 2022, 12:31:40 am »

I'm in a neighborhood with math.

That's all.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 20, 2022, 12:36:13 am »

That's all.

Thanks.

I would like Math please to full claim, then Awaclus if there is any other part of your role please say so after Math has claimed.

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 20, 2022, 12:43:00 am »

Joth, when does the day end? I didn't see it in the start of day post.

If it is the same - it is on Jan 22 at 1030ish am FT
That is in like 2 and a half days.
real good. That’s how

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 20, 2022, 02:31:57 am »

That's all.

Thanks.

I would like Math please to full claim, then Awaclus if there is any other part of your role please say so after Math has claimed.

I am Debbie, who is one of the Punxsutawney newlyweds.  I am in a neighbourhood with Awaclus, as he said, but it is not mod-confirmed that he is town.  We only have night chat.

I was not wanting this to all lead to a 1v1.  I was hoping it would lead to us being a confirmed town pair, but every indication I've seen so far is indicating this is not the case.  He has not shared almost anything with me in our chat, and I had to lead every part of the conversation, including revealing any info to try and establish trust and confirm whether he was town (and offer some info to show I'm town).  He didn't share any information here.  Maybe that's just who he is (maybe my limited experience in neighbourhoods here has been influenced by Didds' large amount of both trust and chatter).

I get that he would be slightly hesitant to share too much, since he wouldn't know my alignment if he's town.  But (again, my limited experience) it seems that the benefit offered by a neighbourhood has to allow at least some amount of trust, even if it's to prove trustworthiness.

I had to share first in our neighbourhood.  I tried leaving minor bits untold to see if he would fill in the pieces (which might confirm to me that he had a similar PM from joth).  And I've received no assurance of that in our chat.  I also tried to generate discussion, and he didn't seem to have much interest.  It's like he was making sure not to slip info.

And now with the claims, I don't know what the standard is - but in my limited experience on these forums (I'm not even sure if I've been alive in more than 1 or 2 games still at the point that claims have happened), I was pretty sure you at least claim flavour name and then either role or other useful info... unless prearranged ahead of time that some information waits.  Yet here, he doesn't claim anything useful.  What is he not wanting to accidentally reveal?

Vote: Awaclus

Sorry newlywed... you just ooze scumtells to me.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 20, 2022, 02:43:25 am »

Sorry if it seemed like I was claiming some kind of tracking role. If that was the case, I wouldn't have shared any of that info in thread here, to tip off my target. I was just trying to present my case that I wanted him to have one more chance to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. But scum doesn't like to do that.
he/him
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.