Meta > Feedback

F.DS could benefit from a clean up

(1/3) > >>

Tables:
Right now, looking around the forums, there are many, many ancient and now completely disused subforums, often nested in ways that made for a quick and easy solution at the time but now makes the forum look messy. I feel like a bit of time moving things around, perhaps making an archive section and archiving a number of old subforums that haven't been used in years, could help make the forum look fresher and more modern.

I'm thinking things like:

* The nested previews of old Dominion Previews could be organised into a single sub-forum in general, or even just all put into an archive as mentioned above
* Several child boards in places like Tournaments and Events are now many years old and haven't been posted in since e.g. 2016
* Forum Game Awards haven't been used in over 3 years
* The entire Innovation section of the forum was last used two years ago
I think a bit of a clean up could really help make the forum look a lot nicer and cleaner.

GendoIkari:
I’ve suggested more than once that the FAQ sub forum needs to go; as it just causes confusion for some people with thinking it’s where rules questions should be asked. It’s original purpose has been long replaced by the Wiki.

theory:
I think I have done this. Please let me know if I did something I shouldn't have, in which case I will undo it, or if I didn't do something I should have, in which case I will un not do it.

theory:
Oh this also applies to sticky topics. I unstickied some. Please let me know yadda yadda yadda

NoMoreFun:
The "Mini Set Design Contest" subforum under variants is a nice archive to have around, so not sure it should be removed, but it's a visual clutter relic of something that doesn't happen any more. Perhaps all the threads could be locked and moved to the Weekly Design Contest subforum?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version