Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Possible bug with Coin of the Realm and Calvery  (Read 543 times)

karenttrouble

• Pawn
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Possible bug with Coin of the Realm and Calvery
« on: December 06, 2021, 09:00:28 am »

Something I noticed today in game 90632715 (which I was doomed to lose regardless  ;D)- Coin of the Realm triggers the option of calling it after you play an action, but it seems it does not trigger if you play your last action in your hand and instead moves you to the buy phase. That would be correct 99% of the time, but if Calvery is in the Kingdom, that takes away the ability to call Coin to have more actions on hand so that when you buy Calvery you have actions to use. Otherwise, if you have 0 actions when Calvery returns you to your action phase, you can't play actions that are drawn by buying Calvery and you can't call Coin at that point (which is correct).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 09:01:33 am by karenttrouble »

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug with Coin of the Realm and Calvery
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 09:22:13 am »
+1

I think this is not strictly speaking a bug, but rather an issue with the autoplay feature. I assume you have "Smart ask" enabled in the CotR autoplay options. If you turn that off (which can be done mid-game for just that game by right-clicking on the card), then you should still be able to call it with no Actions in hand.

Autoplay is not designed to perfectly handle all situations, so it's always worth it to keep an eye out for when to disable it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 09:24:13 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.405 seconds with 20 queries.