Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: First Fan Card Post  (Read 1135 times)

Torlax45

• Pawn
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
First Fan Card Post
« on: November 22, 2021, 11:33:08 am »
+4

Hello all. This is my first post here and I was looking for some feedback on a card I have been working on for my biggest competitor of all, my wife.
My first instinct however is that the reveal is to strong, with a few +actions this could have a large outcome. Should this be reduced to a discard any number of Victory Cards for 1 each?

Thank you all for this amazing resource here. So many cards to start a fan card collection. If anyone has any must have collections, I would love a link!

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
Re: First Fan Card Post
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 09:27:04 pm »

I like how it's your destiny to have corgis in your cottage.

exfret

• Thief
  • Respect: +112
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 06:38:47 pm »

Hello all. This is my first post here and I was looking for some feedback on a card I have been working on for my biggest competitor of all, my wife.
My first instinct however is that the reveal is to strong, with a few +actions this could have a large outcome. Should this be reduced to a discard any number of Victory Cards for 1 each?

Thank you all for this amazing resource here. So many cards to start a fan card collection. If anyone has any must have collections, I would love a link!

Corgi also looks powerful. It's like a Goat, except with a Coffers on top (the +1 coin is from being able to play the copper before trashing). So, uh, that's almost like a strictly better silver? I mean, I can't think of any problems immediately with a really strong heirloom, but it's something to keep in mind (and it should probably have a cost of 3/4 to reflect its power if you want to follow suit with the other heirlooms).

The best comparison I can think of for Destiny's cottage is crossroads, but that's not remotely the same card, so it's hard for me to think about its power level. What led you to decide on Coffers as the bonus rather than just coin?

Petzi

• Herbalist
  • Shuffle iT Username: PetziPotato
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 09:16:56 pm »

If you want more immediate feedback, I suggest you post cards on Discord: https://discord.gg/PzrKdDFGpu

I think Corgi has a bit of a tracking issue. You can usually tell how much money you have by looking at the cards you have in play. Corgi messes that up because your Copper gets trashed, but you still got +1$ from playing it. This can be easily fixed by making it mandatory: «When you play this, trash a Treasure card you have in play. If you did, +1 Coffers.» This would make Corgi anti-synergize with Bank, but I think it's a good fix.

Destiny's Cottage seems dangerous even if it discards instead of revealing. Donald X. tells us that it's not good to let players accummulate a lot of Coffers:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=19203.0
Quote from: Donald X.
Coffers tokens were also problematic; when you have a giant pile of those tokens, it's pretty demoralizing for the other players, and sometimes it's even a good strategy. So only one card gives +2 Coffers each time it's played, and some only sometimes produce +Coffers, and some do it when-gained. Villagers tokens had no issues. Go ahead and get a bunch if you want.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 02:06:55 am »
+3

If you want more immediate feedback, I suggest you post cards on Discord: https://discord.gg/PzrKdDFGpu
I kind of wish people wouldn't tell people to post on discord instead. I don't think discord is a good place to talk about fan cards because if two people post cards close together, the discussions get mixed together or one of the cards gets ignored. And then anyone who goes to look at the thread later can't choose which fan card they want to read about because they have to sort through discussion on both cards because you can't post separate threads for different fan cards. ...it's messy. It's especially terrible if you want feedback on a fan expansion.
I just think the forum works way better for discussing fan cards.

I think Corgi has a bit of a tracking issue. You can usually tell how much money you have by looking at the cards you have in play. Corgi messes that up because your Copper gets trashed, but you still got +1$ from playing it. This can be easily fixed by making it mandatory: «When you play this, trash a Treasure card you have in play. If you did, +1 Coffers.» This would make Corgi anti-synergize with Bank, but I think it's a good fix.
Several cards have the same tracking difficulty and they still work fine (Counterfeit, Goat, Spoils,...). Still, I think making it mandatory would be a good idea to make it a less strong and more different from Goat.

exfret

• Thief
  • Respect: +112
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 09:16:06 am »

I kind of wish people wouldn't tell people to post on discord instead. I don't think discord is a good place to talk about fan cards because if two people post cards close together, the discussions get mixed together or one of the cards gets ignored. And then anyone who goes to look at the thread later can't choose which fan card they want to read about because they have to sort through discussion on both cards because you can't post separate threads for different fan cards. ...it's messy. It's especially terrible if you want feedback on a fan expansion.
I just think the forum works way better for discussing fan cards.

Several cards have the same tracking difficulty and they still work fine (Counterfeit, Goat, Spoils,...). Still, I think making it mandatory would be a good idea to make it a less strong and more different from Goat.

Depends on what you're looking for. Discord is way more immediate, and you can actually have a discussion there. And, uh, that seems to be the only place where people are actually doing playtesting with each other. Of course, if you're posting a bunch of cards at once then the forum is obviously better, yes.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.