Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Counterfeit + Duration + Capitalism  (Read 614 times)

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
Counterfeit + Duration + Capitalism
« on: October 25, 2021, 10:43:39 pm »

If I have Capitalism, and I use Counterfeit to play something like Merchant Ship twice, I know I'd get $4 this turn and $4 next turn, but does Counterfeit stay out the same way Throne Room or pre-2019 errata Procession would?
They/them

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
Re: Counterfeit + Duration + Capitalism
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 02:18:44 am »

If I have Capitalism, and I use Counterfeit to play something like Merchant Ship twice, I know I'd get $4 this turn and $4 next turn, but does Counterfeit stay out the same way Throne Room or pre-2019 errata Procession would?

Pre-2019 errata Procession didn't stay in play when Processioning Durations. Counterfeit would not stay in play; per the Throne Room FAQ (on the wiki), if you Throne a Duration and that Duration somehow leaves play early (such as via Bonfire, or in this case immediately via being trashed by Counterfeit), the Throne gets discarded from play at the end of turn even if that Duration still has things left to do on future turns. This is true of all Thrones, not just Throne Room.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 02:20:13 am by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: Counterfeit + Duration + Capitalism
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 09:28:02 am »
+4

Originally Procession would stay out until the Duration card it played would have gotten discarded (next turn, etc), but this was changed with the release of Empires. Details in this thread: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16926.0

The relevant new ruling was made in the Empires rulebook:
Additionally, if a card such as Throne Room plays a Duration card
multiple times, that card also stays in play until the Duration card leaves play, to track the fact that
the Duration card was played multiple times.

So the question becomes: does this override Procession's FAQ?
Yes, and Procession's FAQ will change someday to match the new rules for Duration cards.

Thus Counterfeit will be discarded the turn it is played, even if it plays a Duration card.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 09:29:18 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.