Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest #132: All Hallow's Eve  (Read 8431 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #132: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2021, 01:50:29 am »

Warding Mask
$3 - Night - Duration - Fate
Take a boon. Receive it now or at the start of your next turn.
At the start of your next turn, you may put a card from your discard pile into your hand, then draw up to 6 cards in hand.

I didn't feel like doing an attack for this contest (My first idea was an attack, and I expect most entries will be attacks). The name is a reference to the old reason some people would wear masks on halloween: to ward off evil spirits.

What happens if you do not put a card from your discard pile into your hand, do you still draw up to 6 cards? I feel like there is some precedent to say "At the start of your next turn, you may put a card from your discard pile into your hand, and either way draw up to 6 cards in hand."
You draw up to six cards either way. I'll change it in the OP. You think it would be clear enough if I just changed the "then" to "and"? I think "either way" seems a little awkward there.

EDIT: No, after looking at it again, just changing the "then" to "and" doesn't really work, so I did what you suggested.

PS: My favorites (besides mine) so far are Sarcophagus and Goblin. I think I'll print them out to use at home.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 02:01:19 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2021, 06:38:08 am »
+3

Maybe I'm crazy.

Haunted Village | Action - Attack - Night | $4
If it is your night phase, each other player with 4 or more cards in hand puts a card from their hand onto their deck.
Otherwise, +1 Card and +2 Actions.
It's the Village brother of Werewolf, except it is always the quite effective Haunting Hex, which does stack once.
It is probably a devastating win to win-more sort of effect, as extra Villages provide decent smoothing and the extras are giving a powerful Ghost Ship effect.  The benefit of Werewolf's middling Hexing comes attached to a $5-cost that does nothing for you when you Hex, which is a lot less than Haunted Village's consistency.

Fairy Ring | Night - Victory | $4
+1 Coffers
Draw until you have 5 Cards in hand.
-----
Worth 1VP per 2 Night cards you have (rounded down).
Compares too well to Silk Road, which gives a mere 1/4 per Victory (which is another Victory card that counts itself) and is an actual trash card (even setting aside how weak Silk Road is in the average Kingdom).  If uncontested in a 2-player game, Fairy Ring gives 32VP.  The fact that Fairy Ring offers so many points while also giving delayed Coffers, making the Province split 6/2 against still gives the game to Fairy Ring--and that's without any additional support.  With a +Buy and any Night cards in the Kingdom there will be little else to do.
I'm not sure the VP ratio can be balanced properly just because of how few Night cards there are.  I'd probably prefer it just be a solid number of Victory points (2VP in this case).

Sarcophagus | Night - Victory | $3
Choose one: Exile a non-Duration card you have in play; or gain a copy of a non-Victory card you have in Exile.
Worth 1VP for each differently named card costing at least $3 that you have in Exile.
EDIT: Missed an appropriate non-Victory clause, sorry!
Because you get to play the card you Exile, even with only the Exiling option, Sarcophagus is a ludicrous source of VP.  There are often enough targets it can Exile on its own that will make it worth 10VP.  The primary gating factor is that Sarcophagus is also an incredibly fast non-terminal Workshop variant, so a Sarcophagus can gain more Sarcophagi to run piles very quickly.
All that is ignoring interaction with other Exiling options that would permit Sarcophagus to be a $3-cost better-than-Province Province-gainer.  Consider Exiling Duchies and Provinces with Bounty Hunter or playing with Transport.
If you reeled this in to only Exiling cards from play and not counting Victory cards you have in Exile (with no card gaining), then maybe it could work at $3.  With those changes and the gaining appropriately bounded to non-Victory cards, If you still want this to gain cards, this should cost at least $5.

Warding Mask | Night - Duration - Fate | $3
Take a boon. Receive it now or at the start of your next turn.
At the start of your next turn, you may put a card from your discard pile into your hand, then draw up to 6 cards in hand.
Donald X. said that Guardian used to give a Boon at the start of your next turn and that it made the game take too long with all the Boon flipping.  And he said that while playing Nocturne games.
For their inconsistency, I'm not sold that Boons were ever a good idea anyway, though maybe scholopasta (the only opinion that matters right now) feels differently.

Ouija Board | Treasure - Night | $2
+1 Buy
If it's not your Night phase, +1 Coffers.
Otherwise, you may remove 2 tokens from your Coffers. If you do, buy a Spirit from one of the Spirit piles for its cost. If it costs more than this, trash this.
Your update has made Ouija Board significantly weaker as you now must play 3 Ouija Boards to gain a single Will-O'-Wisp.
Considering how generally bad a Ouija Board is in and of itself (even aside the big nerf), the fact that it trashes itself when you buy a Ghost sounds more like a benefit than a limiter.  I'd probably prefer to be stuck with the Ouija Board.  Buying another when you actually want one would be trivial anyway as you would be setting aside the Coffers on one Buy phase to get a Spirit later.

Haunted Basement | Action - Night | $2
+2 Cards
Put any number of cards from your hand on top of your deck in any order.
-
This is gained to your hand (instead of your discard pile).
This is incredibly powerful in games where you draw your deck: You get to immediately draw and tuck your new buys into your next hand.  I think it does not need to be gained to hand as a $2-cost, as it still has that ability once it is in your deck.  If you want it to go to hand it should probably cost $3.

Chantry | Action - Night | $2
If it is your Night phase, trash a card from your hand. Otherwise, +2 Cards.
This is simple and cute.  The two abilities don't touch at all.  It's probably similar to Monastery on average, making it a weaker trasher.  It's fine, but it's not very exciting.

Goblin | Night - Reserve | $4
Put this on your Tavern mat. Trash a Treasure have in play. Gain a Treasure costing up to $3 more than it, setting the gained card aside.
At the start of your Buy phase, you may call this, to put the set aside card into your hand.
The fact that it trashes the Treasure from play means you still get the production of the Treasure.  This seems like the strongest Mine variant, as its Reserve effect is functionally a better version of Merchant Ship (as you can wait a turn to pop its $, and further chain that $ with a second Goblin to upgrade to Gold quite fast).  It is not necessarily a problem because both Mine and Merchant Ship are pretty weak, but these comparisons make me want it to cost $5.

Asylum | Action - Night | $4
If its your Night phase, you may discard your hand. Otherwise, +2 Cards, +1 Action and at the start of your Clean-Up phase, reveal your hand and put all non-Action cards on top of your deck.
Any wording issues aside, in many, many Kingdoms the drawback won't even matter, as you can use Asylums to help to draw your trashers with the only 3 non-Action non-Treasure cards in your hand.  You probably need a catch to make dumping Treasures in the Buy phase harder, something like "At the start of your Clean-Up, if you have at least $1 unspent, trash this, otherwise reveal your hand..."  It starts getting wordy, though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:15:09 pm by Fragasnap »
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

4est

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: 4est
  • Respect: +1454
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2021, 08:56:59 am »
+3

Maybe I'm crazy.

Sarcophagus | Night - Victory | $3
Choose one: Exile a non-Duration card you have in play; or gain a copy of a card you have in Exile.
Worth 1VP for each differently named card costing at least $3 that you have in Exile.
Because you get to play the card you Exile, even with only the Exiling option, Sarcophagus is a ludicrous source of VP.  There are often enough targets it can Exile on its own that will make it worth 10VP.  The primary gating factor is that Sarcophagus is also an incredibly fast non-terminal Workshop variant, so a Sarcophagus can gain more Sarcophagi to run piles very quickly.
All that is ignoring interaction with other Exiling options that would permit Sarcophagus to be a $3-cost better-than-Province Province-gainer.  Consider Exiling Duchies and Provinces with Bounty Hunter or playing with Transport.
If you reeled this in to only Exiling cards from play and not counting Victory cards you have in Exile (with no card gaining), then maybe it could work at $3.  With those changes and the gaining appropriately bounded to non-Victory cards, this should cost at least $5.

Thanks Fragasnap for the feedback. FYI, Sarcophagus as originally worded cannot gain Victory cards, including copies of itself. However you (and others) have raised some good points and I'm thus revising my card below to address these issues (as I thought I might need to):

The OG was doing too much and I didn't like how wordy it was getting to fix, so I've dropped the gaining ability altogether. Sad to see it go, but this makes Sarcophagus simpler and keeps the spirit of the card more as a pure Victory card that you work for (get VP for burying good stuff). I can maybe save the gain ability for a future card. Even without the gaining, it does still retain early game utility as a Copper thinner.

The other change is Sarcophagus no longer counts Victory cards in Exile (including itself). This should mitigate spamming them as self-Exiling Estates and appropriately nerf the VP ceiling when playing with other Exile cards.

This should be much more balanced, and still at $3. I'll update the OP when I get a chance.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2021, 10:22:02 am »
+1

Crime Lord - $4
Night/Duration/Command

Exile a non-Duration card you have in play. Name a playable non-Command card you have in Exile. Choose one: Play it, leaving it there; or set it aside, and play it at the start of your next turn.

EDIT: Changed to "playable" cards. These are Actions/Treasures/Night cards plus any fan design like Dawn cards.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 03:39:12 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2021, 01:03:31 pm »
+1

Goblin | Night - Reserve | $4
Put this on your Tavern mat. Trash a Treasure have in play. Gain a Treasure costing up to $3 more than it, setting the gained card aside.
At the start of your Buy phase, you may call this, to put the set aside card into your hand.
The fact that it trashes the Treasure from play means you still get the production of the Treasure.  This seems like the strongest Mine variant, as its Reserve effect is functionally a better version of Merchant Ship (as you can wait a turn to pop its $, and further chain that $ with a second Goblin to upgrade to Gold quite fast).  It is not necessarily a problem because both Mine and Merchant Ship are pretty weak, but these comparisons make me want it to cost $5.

But you still (effectively) get the production of the Treasure with Mine, since the better Treasure goes into your hand and (generally) produces all of the $ you would have gotten and more.

Merchant Ship provides payload in the turn you use it, in contrast to Goblin which in no way helps you on the turn you play it (except in the rare case of being able to gain a Harem). Merchant is +$2, -1 Action this turn, +$2 next turn. Goblin is +$0 this turn, +$? (usually $2 or $3) next turn. If you think about opportunity cost, if you had bought a Silver instead of a Goblin, the turn you drew it you would always have $2 more (although on some subsequent turn you are considerably better off with Goblin). Contrast that with Moneylender (another $4 card): when you draw 3 Coppers and a Moneylender your ultimate payload is $5, which is the same as if you had drawn 3 Coppers and a Silver (the disadvantage being that Moneylender is terminal and, if you don't have a Copper, useless).

Also, while putting the Treasure directly into your hand on a subsequent turn is nice, it does still keep that card out of your deck when you draw the following turn's hand, meaning it actually reduces your deck's overall money concentration. This reduction is temporary (and if you don't hit a shuffle it doesn't actually matter) and basically always offset by getting an extra Treasure, but it is another way Goblin is slightly weaker than a card that gives you the coins outright (like Merchant Ship).

As for chaining to get to Gold, that is a good reason for it to cost $4 instead of $3 (so you can't open with two of them), but there are multiple $5 that just give you a Gold outright. Having to collide (or hold for collision) 2 of them seems significantly weaker than Bandit or Soothsayer. More generally, while Goblin's ability to hold a Treasure to hit a price point (or to use another Goblin or do something else) is strong, it comes at a high price: both the Goblin and the Treasure stays out of your deck.
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2021, 01:10:12 pm »
+2

Crime Lord - $4
Night/Duration/Command

Exile a non-Duration card you have in play.
Name a non-Command card you have in Exile. Choose one: Play it, leaving it there; or set it aside, and play it at the start of your next turn.

In the presence of Exile-from-hand cards (Bounty Hunter, Displace, Sanctuary), this has the capacity to "play" unplayable Victory / Curse cards. This could matter for the Curses if the only trashing in the game is Bonfire. It could also allow you to use Changeling to gain a Victory card (e.g. Province or Colony).
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2021, 07:17:22 pm »
+2

Would this be added to the standard Knight pile?

Yes, but you could also select 10 random Knights to use out of 11.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2021, 10:50:11 pm »
+1

Haunted Village | Action - Attack - Night | $4
If it is your night phase, each other player with 4 or more cards in hand puts a card from their hand onto their deck.
Otherwise, +1 Card and +2 Actions.

It's the Village brother of Werewolf, except it is always the quite effective Haunting Hex, which does stack once.
It is probably a devastating win to win-more sort of effect, as extra Villages provide decent smoothing and the extras are giving a powerful Ghost Ship effect.  The benefit of Werewolf's middling Hexing comes attached to a $5-cost that does nothing for you when you Hex, which is a lot less than Haunted Village's consistency.

I agree that Haunted Village is stronger relative to Village than Werewolf is relative to Smithy because the change in price from $3 to $4 matters less than $4 to $5. Smithy is stronger for a $4 than Werewolf is for a $5. That said, extra copies of Werewolf also provide consistency (by ensuring that you draw enough). And a hand of two Werewolves needs the Night phase option to play both Werewolves, while a hand of two Haunted Villages doesn't have the same issue.

I don't find Haunted Village to be problematically strong as a win to win more card. It encourages building your deck more to be able to use it for the attack consistently, which rewards the player who can build better.

Lastly, I like that Haunted Village is much faster to resolve than Werewolf and typically can only attack twice. Non-terminal attacks that are slow to resolve can be tedious. I considered making it "each other player with 5 or more cards," but that seems to make it less interesting.

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2021, 11:14:08 pm »
+1

Would this be added to the standard Knight pile?

Yes, but you could also select 10 random Knights to use out of 11.

Also, I can't believe I didn't notice "Night - Knight" among the types :D
They/them

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2021, 03:40:51 am »

Crime Lord - $4
Night/Duration/Command

Exile a non-Duration card you have in play.
Name a non-Command card you have in Exile. Choose one: Play it, leaving it there; or set it aside, and play it at the start of your next turn.

In the presence of Exile-from-hand cards (Bounty Hunter, Displace, Sanctuary), this has the capacity to "play" unplayable Victory / Curse cards. This could matter for the Curses if the only trashing in the game is Bonfire. It could also allow you to use Changeling to gain a Victory card (e.g. Province or Colony).
I figured it wasn't too big of a deal because usually you wouldn't want to do it. The Bonfire interaction is weird but kind of cute. However the Changeling interaction is bad; nice catch!

I have updated the entry to disallow Victory/Curse cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2021, 07:47:36 am »

My Submission:
Quote from: Goblin
GOBLIN
NIGHT - RESERVE
Cost: $4

It feels like this design is a rules issue waiting to happen. It is linked to the card it set aside, but it becomes indistinguishable from other Goblins. One question would be this: Assume I play 2 Goblins, one of them fails to set aside a Treasure (due to Trader or something); now I have 2 Goblins on my Tavern mat but only one set aside Treasure. Can I call a Goblin without putting that Treasure into my hand (because it remembers that it wasn't the card that set it aside)?

Since this already uses the Tavern mat, I think a cleaner design would be this:
Trash a Treasure have in play. Gain a Treasure costing up to $3 more than it, putting it and this on your Tavern mat.

At the start of your Buy phase, you may call this, to put a Treasure from your Tavern mat into your hand.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 07:49:45 am by faust »

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2021, 12:09:17 pm »
+2

24 HOUR WARNING
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2021, 12:32:53 pm »
+2

Quote from: Goblin
GOBLIN
NIGHT - RESERVE
Cost: $4

It feels like this design is a rules issue waiting to happen. It is linked to the card it set aside, but it becomes indistinguishable from other Goblins. One question would be this: Assume I play 2 Goblins, one of them fails to set aside a Treasure (due to Trader or something); now I have 2 Goblins on my Tavern mat but only one set aside Treasure. Can I call a Goblin without putting that Treasure into my hand (because it remembers that it wasn't the card that set it aside)?

Yes. And I don't think there are really issues with tracking there, as the Goblins on the Tavern mat are effectively fungible. If there are more of them on the Tavern mat then there are Treasures set aside by Goblins, you can call one of them without putting a Treasure into your hand.

As an aside, you wouldn't need to implicate the Stop-Moving rule for this to happen. If you played a Goblin with no Treasures in play--either because you didn't have any or because you bought Mandarin or Mint--it would go onto the Tavern mat, fail to trash a Treasure, fail to gain a Treasure (because nothing costs up to $3 more than no card), then fail to set the Treasure it gained aside (because there is none). There is almost never a reason to do this, unless you wanted the Goblin available to be in play for Magic Lamp or Horn of Plenty. Otherwise, you would just not play the Goblin.

Since this already uses the Tavern mat, I think a cleaner design would be this:
Trash a Treasure have in play. Gain a Treasure costing up to $3 more than it, putting it and this on your Tavern mat.

At the start of your Buy phase, you may call this, to put a Treasure from your Tavern mat into your hand.

I feel like this needlessly interacts with Coin of the Realm and Miser in ways that are both undesirable and unanticipated by those cards. To me a big priority in designing custom cards is not to mess with official designs. Here, if you did play Goblin and have it fail, in order to get it back you would have to take the CotR or Copper off the Tavern mat. While that is not a big deal for the former (which you can play and have go onto back onto the Tavern mat), it does mess badly with Miser.
he/him/his

Timinou

• Witch
  • Respect: +634
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2021, 03:22:19 pm »
+3

EDIT: Revised wording as per X-tra's suggestion to avoid weird interactions with Black Market.  Thanks, X-tra!

Original version:

Trick or Treat is a $4-cost Silver that could be used to push your luck in a money-based strategy.  It might also be useful to have one or two in an engine in order to help cycle your deck or seed your next turn. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 05:26:58 am by Timinou »

arowdok

• Spy
  • Respect: +129
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2021, 04:20:04 pm »

Jinx
^(Potion)
Night - Reaction
When you play this, Exile it.
-----
When you gain a Duchy, you may Trash this from your hand.
-----
-2%

Stutter
$4
Action - Attack - Voodoo
You may gain a Duchy.
Each other player may discard a Jinx. If they don't, they gain a Jinx.
Each other player discards down to 4 cards in hand.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2021, 07:43:49 pm »

<Stutter/Jinx>
I think Stutter would be very strong occasionally (with Sanctuary, Duke, or a good trash for benefit), and then not worth buying on most other boards. Also, what's the point of Jinx having a potion cost?

<Trick or Treat>
There's no reason for this to have multiple types (except to fit the contest/theme, but it's not worth it if that's the only reason). It would be simpler as a treasure with "choose one:"

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
  • Respect: +1113
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2021, 07:55:59 pm »
+3

Trick or Treat is a $4-cost Silver that could be used to push your luck in a money-based strategy.  It might also be useful to have one or two in an engine in order to help cycle your deck or seed your next turn.

This has the problem of pulling your opponent out of their turn. Suppose they play a Witch. You gain a Curse. You react with Sheepdog, played as way of the Mouse, playing Black Market. Trick or Treat is a Treasure, so you play it for that Black Market. Since it is not your Buy phase, you are instructed to jump back to your Buy phase after drawing 2 cards. What happens then?

Since the interaction is a little funky, I suggest that the first clause of the card be: "If it's your Night phase, +2 Cards and return to your Buy phase. Otherwise, +." This means that you can only ever switch phase if you were already in one of your own phases.
Bottom text

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2021, 08:33:04 pm »
+3

Brownie
Night - Spirit
You may Exile a card from your hand for 2D
(This is not in the Supply.)

Another Spirit card, which can be obtained via Exorcist. It allows you to Exile any card from your hand, but at the cost of taking on 2 debt. And since the debt is gained during your Night phase, you are unable to pay it off until your next turn, even if you had unspent coins. The name references the mythical Brownies' doing household chores, such as cleaning, during the night
They/them

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2021, 08:37:05 pm »

This has the problem of pulling your opponent out of their turn. Suppose they play a Witch. You gain a Curse. You react with Sheepdog, played as way of the Mouse, playing Black Market. Trick or Treat is a Treasure, so you play it for that Black Market. Since it is not your Buy phase, you are instructed to jump back to your Buy phase after drawing 2 cards. What happens then?

Since the interaction is a little funky, I suggest that the first clause of the card be: "If it's your Night phase, +2 Cards and return to your Buy phase. Otherwise, +." This means that you can only ever switch phase if you were already in one of your own phases.

If Villa or Cavalry are also in the kingdom, that could result in an amusing scenario where you end up playing the phases backwards :-) Trick or Treat puts you back in your Buy phase, then buying Villa or Cavalry puts you back in your Action phase!

This would also interact nicely with my submission, letting you go back to your Buy phase to pay off the debt taken on by Brownie
They/them

exfret

• Thief
  • Respect: +112
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2021, 08:38:59 pm »
+2

I’ll be away from my laptop for today and tomorrow, so I hope you’re fine without a picture! 😢

Wolf
4 coin cost
Night - Reaction
This Cleanup phase, draw an extra card for every two differently named cards you’ve gained this turn (rounded up).
———
When another player gains a card, you may discard this for +1 Card for every two differently named cards they’ve gained this turn (rounded up).

Some comments:
  • I’ve heard complaints about being able to draw your deck with a single copy of this card in a previous version of this card without the “uniqueness” requirement. This should definitely not be a problem here, since it’s hard to imagine a situation where anyone’s even reliably gaining 5 unique cards a turn.
  • If you want to activate it on your opponent’s turn, there is a slight tempo increase (you get the cards for the coming turn rather than later), but you have to guess when they’re gaining their last unique. This is an interesting mechanic but might need to be reworked to make it easier to tell when someone wants play this.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2021, 09:43:17 pm »
+1

<Trick or Treat>
There's no reason for this to have multiple types (except to fit the contest/theme, but it's not worth it if that's the only reason). It would be simpler as a treasure with "choose one:"

If this isn’t a Night card, it can’t draw cards that you bought in your Buy phase.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2021, 09:59:04 pm »

<Trick or Treat>

If this isn’t a Night card, it can’t draw cards that you bought in your Buy phase.
Oh yeah, I didn't think about that.

emtzalex

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2021, 11:50:19 pm »

<Trick or Treat>

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that.

You also couldn't play it after playing other Night cards (most notably would be Night Watchman--which could significantly increase the chances of getting the payload you need to hit a certain buy--but there is also a nice combo with Devil's Workshop, in which you could play it to gain a Gold, then go back to your Buy phase and use the rest of your payload for a buy).
he/him/his

arowdok

• Spy
  • Respect: +129
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2021, 01:13:59 pm »

<Stutter/Jinx>
I think Stutter would be very strong occasionally (with Sanctuary, Duke, or a good trash for benefit), and then not worth buying on most other boards. Also, what's the point of Jinx having a potion cost?

I put a potion cost so players can get out them out of exile by purchasing an extra but it is harder then if it just cost $4, also so it can't be remodeled. This is basically a curse that hurts more on score but hurts less on redraws if you exile and if you can plan ahead it strait self trashes. I have half dozen other ways to hand them out but did not feel like cluttering my post with them.

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2021, 01:35:30 pm »
+5

SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

I'll work on the post with all the entries later tonight, when it's up, please make sure I got the correct entry for you.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.