Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34  All

Author Topic: M136: Mouse Mafia (GAME OVER - RATS WIN)  (Read 71376 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M136: Mouse Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #700 on: December 17, 2021, 10:19:07 am »

So, here’s the thing that I kept thinking about last night while I was getting ready for bed… if Scola is actually a role blocker, then he’s our very best bet for winning because he’s our only offense. Ideally, I think I’d prefer we exile one of his partners in case he’s not scum. If he is, it will be easy enough for us to exile him tomorrow.

I get that we still MUST find scum today, but I sure do like the idea that he might be able to block a NK

This is exactly why scum!scola claims roleblocker.

And this is exactly when his partner points it out.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 17, 2021, 11:13:10 am »

So, here’s the thing that I kept thinking about last night while I was getting ready for bed… if Scola is actually a role blocker, then he’s our very best bet for winning because he’s our only offense. Ideally, I think I’d prefer we exile one of his partners in case he’s not scum. If he is, it will be easy enough for us to exile him tomorrow.

I get that we still MUST find scum today, but I sure do like the idea that he might be able to block a NK

This is exactly why scum!scola claims roleblocker.

And this is exactly when his partner points it out.

This doesn't make sense to me - again if I were scum, I would just sit back in the last claim position, instead of making this risky claim. Why would I create a 1v1? Sure town!fang is powerful as a cop, but being last to claim, I know there'd be no way to protect him tonight and we could just NK him. And his results so far have been useless (I'd say conveniently useless).

And if fang and I were both scum?? Why not just claim roleblocker and say I blocked him N2 instead?

Since I know I'm town, I now know for sure the scum team is fang, EFHW, and joth (thanks for helping figure that out faust).

I think scum saw faust's loyalty to fang and figured they could all vote for me in the hopes of convincing one other town member to make the final vote.

Go back and read how the votes happened, and built up. First fang who could "safely" vote for me, because of the 1v1. Seeing as he was losing the 1v1, switches over to Didds.

EFHW votes for me with bad logic:

scola is clearly scum, since he's been sitting on fang's wagon and there hasn't been a hammer.

vote: scola

Two of faust, joth, Didds, fang are scum. I prefer to start rather than join a wagon.

At the same time breadcrumbing to her scummayes with that last line to join her.

And they do:

fang ready and willing to join back in:

Cool.
vote: scola

And then joth, very causually:

well I guess

vote: scolapasta

Go back and read some of joth's earlier posts with, what I now know for sure, is fake outrage. And now just "I guess".

Casual, subtle, and yet all they need is one town vote from faust, Didds, or Dylan (and they almost got it already from Didds)

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 17, 2021, 11:14:47 am »

I was happy with voting for fang as that was the closest I had to 100% before (again, no reason for him to lie as town). But thanks to scum votes, and now knowing the whole team, I'm going to switch:

Vote: EFHW
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 17, 2021, 12:54:09 pm »

I suppose I discarded the option where fang and scola are partners; sorry EFHW. But in that case it's still fine to exile scola, so it's nothing to worry about right now.

That's ok, I agree. But what about Didds?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 17, 2021, 01:16:45 pm »

Vote: scolapasta

So the last page did a lot to reassure me that changing my mind was the best course of action there. Faust passing up the hammer finally convinced me that he's town enough to get over my doubts for now.

The fact that after most of the discussion not one person was willing to just straight up say they preferred exiling fang to scola suggests to me that scum accepted the fact that scola was a lost cause and that they needed to distance themselves to not get caught as partners as easily. In fact the closest anyone really got to leaning fang was Didds, who--until I asked point blank--was very hesitant to commit one way or the other. Of course, one could try to argue that all of the scum team saying they are ok with exiling a person at EoL (or whatever we are technically at) means we are on town, but subjectively I've seen myself and my scum partners in past games both pile on the 3rd partner when it looks like that person is a lost cause just to avoid being easily seen as a partner.

After thinking about it more, Scola's claim reminds me so much of the time I was scum, got to the point of only needing one misexile to win, and I claimed some kind of result that would force a 1v1 against one of the scummier-looking townies, and I promptly went from being heavily townread to pretty much everyone's top scumread, and I was correctly exiled that day. Whoever pointed out that scola's claim basically chose the safest possible 1v1 target is probably right.

Re: Scola's next to last post about the wagon build up. One thing you miss by pointing out that they almost got the last vote from Didds is that joth literally told her not to vote in order to wait for the IC when I still hadn't said I was scumreading you. I said I had made up my mind but wouldn't vote until X-1. I didn't say it would be on you or that it wasn't going to be fang. If the entire scum team was on one wagon and they told the first townie to express intent to hammer not to do it, then they deserve the win.

Scola points out EFHW joining with bad logic. I actually think that very well might be a bus vote, because until I laid out very clearly why scola and fang couldn't both be town, EFHW was trying to keep that possibility alive when everyone else had seemed to already recognize that it couldn't be the case.

All the arguments about Didds being partners with scola were convincing to me, so that should be an autoexile tomorrow if the game goes that long as long as fang has a chance to post their results from the night (assuming we hit roleblocker!scola today). faust and joth are town, and I really don't think fang and scola could realistically be partners, and if they are, that's almost as bad as misreading your role pm lol. It's also ironic to me that the people I've come to believe are town are exactly the three people scola, my former biggest townread, claims is the scumteam. If I'm wrong, then at least I'm going to be wrong to an almost absurd degree.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: December 17, 2021, 01:22:12 pm »

I suppose I discarded the option where fang and scola are partners; sorry EFHW. But in that case it's still fine to exile scola, so it's nothing to worry about right now.

That's ok, I agree. But what about Didds?

(if me or Didds were scum with fang we would have hammered.)
I have this feeling that people never properly read my posts. Then again I don't always properly read other people's posts.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 17, 2021, 01:54:20 pm »

Thread locked.

End of day post coming shortly.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M136: Mouse Mafia (Night 3)
« Reply #707 on: December 17, 2021, 02:09:29 pm »

As leaves that before the wild hurricane fly, when they meet clashing roleclaims, mount to the sky.  So up to the housetop, arguments to work through, with a bag full of tricks, and all opinions heard too.  And then, in a twinkling, I heard, no I saw - the prancing and pawing of a noodly mouse's paw.  As I drew in my head, and was turning around, they exiled scolapasta, all tied up and bound.

scolapasta has been exiled and was Pinky, a Roleblocker rat dressed in mouse clothing

Vote "count" 3.final
Votes for scolapasta: EFHW, infangthief, jotheonah, Dylan32
Votes for WestCoastDidds: faust
Votes for EFHW: scolapasta
Not voting: WestCoastDidds
(with 7 alive, it took 4 votes to exile)

Night 3 starts now and ends at 2:09pm EST on Sunday, December 19th.  Actions must be submitted by that time.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 01:33:56 pm by mathdude »
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M136: Mouse Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #708 on: December 19, 2021, 05:37:51 pm »

Next morning, another was tied, from his head to his foot, and his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.  He was marred; he was mangled; he had scars on his back.  Dylan32 had been killed, the rats had emptied out his pack!

Dylan32 has been killed and was Jerry, a town-aligned Mayor.

Vote "count" 4.0
Not voting: EFHW, faust, infangthief, jotheonah, WestCoastDidds
(with 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to exile)

Day 4 starts now and ends at 8:41pm EST on Sunday, December 26th.

THREAD UNLOCKED
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 08:41:30 pm by mathdude »
he/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 19, 2021, 07:34:02 pm »

I still think it’s pretty likely Didds and EFHW?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 19, 2021, 08:53:58 pm »

I have disagree with that!

Why not you?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 20, 2021, 01:28:11 am »

I have disagree with that!

Why not you?
It's lucky that we can let that sort itself out.

We just need to exile Didds and then if EFHW is town she's going to have to shoot the last scum.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 20, 2021, 03:11:35 am »

Well.

vote: faust

Cop result right there.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 20, 2021, 03:12:21 am »

I guess I need to reread this game.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 20, 2021, 03:32:57 am »

Oh ah. fang is scum after all.

Vote: fang

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 20, 2021, 03:44:52 am »

We need to think about coordinating EFHW's shot tonight.

I sincerely hope noone takes fang's claimed result seriously. If anyone thinks they can provide a case for how I can be scum, that will be interesting.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 20, 2021, 03:54:31 am »

Didds just has to the the third scum here. No reason to get drawn into a 1v1 with me here if we could just have the automatic Didds exile. So if you prefer, we can also exile Didds now and then EFHW shoots whichever of me/fang she thinks scummier.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 20, 2021, 06:14:59 am »

So Didds is almost certainly town. Faust and whoever his partner is just trying to get that exile for the win. I mean, even now that faust is caught, he still wants a Didds exile first.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 20, 2021, 07:40:29 am »

So Didds is almost certainly town. Faust and whoever his partner is just trying to get that exile for the win. I mean, even now that faust is caught, he still wants a Didds exile first.
So I am scum, and Didds is town. And why exactly did scum!me decide to exile Dylan tonight? Dylan who said that
All the arguments about Didds being partners with scola were convincing to me, so that should be an autoexile tomorrow

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 20, 2021, 08:12:28 am »

So I am scum, and Didds is town. And why exactly did scum!me decide to exile Dylan tonight? Dylan who said that
All the arguments about Didds being partners with scola were convincing to me, so that should be an autoexile tomorrow

Well to be fair there’s an easy answer there. If we’d woken up and Dylan was alive we’d have to ask ourselves “why” and we might end up talking ourselves into Didds being town based on the fact that scum didn’t kill Dylan. In fact if Didds were town not killing Dylan would be a pretty attractive prospect.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: December 20, 2021, 08:13:19 am »

Quote fail, sorry. Mobile posting.

Well to be fair there’s an easy answer there. If we’d woken up and Dylan was alive we’d have to ask ourselves “why” and we might end up talking ourselves into Didds being town based on the fact that scum didn’t kill Dylan. In fact if Didds were town not killing Dylan would be a pretty attractive prospect.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 20, 2021, 08:14:18 am »

I mean, I don't think we would have batted an eye if the town Cop who was unsuccessfully 1v1'd by scum died instead of Dylan. I fully expected fang to die tonight.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 20, 2021, 08:21:53 am »

So from where I’m sitting we have one scum in {faust, fang} and one in {Didds, EFHW}.

If we go with the second set and choose wrong it’s game over. If we go with the first set and choose wrong then we can at least draw the game if EFHW is an actual vig. (We’re at 3-2, exile makes it 2-2, nightkills make it 1-1).

Wait a minute, do we no exile here? Again, if we believe EFHW and we know the RB is gone, then a no exile and a vig hit gets us to 2-1 tomorrow.

Eh that’s actually pretty bad, since EFHW doesn’t know if it’s me or Didds or fang or Faust.

So I guess the best bet is to go for fang or faust, then play for the draw if we’re wrong. Or just lose if we’re wrong and EFHW is also scum.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 20, 2021, 08:27:01 am »

Double voting IC is stronger than cop I think. Scarier anyway this late in the game.

Wait a minute so in this scenario scum is you and me/EFHW. And you/we have to choose between killing a double voting IC who has professed a wrong read and a claimed cop.

Yeah, I guess I would kill the cop there but I don’t think it’s like an obvious choice.

In a perfect world, this would be the time for my re-read to decide if I’m feeling overwhelmingly sure about these two 1v1s. If I had to pick now I’d say faust and EFHW are friends and fang and Didds are foes.

Hey fang, why did you pick faust to investigate?

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 20, 2021, 08:53:11 am »

Good morning!!

I’m in Santa Fe with friends for the next three days so VLA-ish.

I did a quick pass, but haven’t had a chance to read carefully. Why the frick are we in a 1v1 again, especially between the only clear allies? Does scum really let EHFW live when it’s the only offense town has? That makes no sense to me.

I’ll catch up as I can!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34  All

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 20 queries.