Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174327 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #2175 on: October 21, 2021, 03:17:10 pm »

A very fun game and a fairly close one!

It's been a bit since I've won as town AND survived to the end.

This should probably be a lesson about faust, but idk what it is.

I will not underestimate iguana again.

Thanks for all your modding effort Dylan.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: October 21, 2021, 03:31:19 pm »

Scum played great. If there hadn't been a result, things would gone way differently.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: October 21, 2021, 03:35:15 pm »

I feel you! I can't remember the last game this happened for me. Probably like one of those 9-player games with 2 scum and a perfect town win.

Feels even better to win knowing that the game was kind of stacked against you. Though in a weird way I also feel scum got a bit screwed over by the setup ambiguity.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: October 21, 2021, 03:36:49 pm »

I would like to also read the Mason QT btw.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: October 21, 2021, 03:40:55 pm »

I feel you! I can't remember the last game this happened for me. Probably like one of those 9-player games with 2 scum and a perfect town win.

Feels even better to win knowing that the game was kind of stacked against you. Though in a weird way I also feel scum got a bit screwed over by the setup ambiguity.

I think it ended up being balanced. Less PRs helps scum regardless of what they do.

Sure

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: October 21, 2021, 03:50:33 pm »

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/exXcLV86q4ByE

Where in MiX declares that you are his ride or die.

PPE: MiX beat me to it!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #2181 on: October 21, 2021, 04:03:31 pm »

This game is great. I'm reading all of it again.

It feels super awesome when you actually end up being right.

.......Except I have an abysmal track record of actually being right

This aged very well. It's hard to overestimate e's impact on this game.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #2182 on: October 21, 2021, 04:07:54 pm »

This game is great. I'm reading all of it again.

It feels super awesome when you actually end up being right.

.......Except I have an abysmal track record of actually being right

This aged very well. It's hard to overestimate e's impact on this game.

Remember when we used to pick an MVP for every game?

I nominate e and faust.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: October 21, 2021, 04:12:32 pm »

^^ +1

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: October 21, 2021, 04:19:34 pm »

sheeeshhhhh

good game. Super swingy day 3 and obviously just meh - but props to town for getting it right 1-2-3 in a row.

thanks for the game Dylan!
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: October 21, 2021, 04:59:40 pm »

sheeeshhhhh

good game. Super swingy day 3 and obviously just meh - but props to town for getting it right 1-2-3 in a row.

This completely slayed me:
"WCD - Need to re read to a PR extent. Should be noted there is like a 50% chance I do something out of character without knowing it and she picks up on it and just tunnels the absolute balls out of me."

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: October 21, 2021, 05:27:24 pm »

Hooray! Good game everyone.

Props to faust. I can't argue with your results.

Dylan, this post should probably just have read something like "I interpret it as [A] or [C]." At the time I read it as confirmation that EE wasn't rolled. More importantly, it seems to be confirmation that the question wasn't asked in the scum QT. Which is a bit awkward because it feels like it wouldn't be right to make arguments based on that.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: October 21, 2021, 05:36:36 pm »

Welp, that sure went sideways for our team. Oh well, scum with Swowl and Math was still loads of fun.

As you can see in the scum QT, Swowl never intended to fakeclaim cop or do any kind of breadcrumb. It was my intention to fakeclaim an innocent result on Mathdude. I breadcrumbed it a few times when I was arguing with MiX about his changed read on Math.

But when we went into D3, there was a guilty result on me, and then faust made his argument that Swowl was IC for breadcrumbing a result on EFHW,  I thought we just need to roll with this. So by claiming VT, I was attempting to pass the PR claim over to Swowl. Of course Swowl was seeing (correctly) that there was no room for another 1-shot cop, and I was seeing it incorrectly that there was still room. So if I had known that, I probably would have went ahead and claimed 1-shot cop because I was in a 1v1 anyway.

I'm not salty at all though! I've got a a new quote for my siggy:

Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.

That line from 2.7 made the whole game worth it IMO : )
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: October 21, 2021, 05:38:48 pm »

I will not underestimate iguana again.

Thanks for all your modding effort Dylan.

Please keep underestimating me. I really enjoyed being called the towniest player in the game ^^
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: October 21, 2021, 06:37:38 pm »

Jimmmm, the thing that convinced me most that you weren’t scum was your spreadsheet. So, your effort paid off!!

Not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed when you didn't comment on the second one. A Townread is even better though! What about it was Towny? MiX thought it was scummy.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: October 21, 2021, 06:43:53 pm »

Jimmmm, the thing that convinced me most that you weren’t scum was your spreadsheet. So, your effort paid off!!

Not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed when you didn't comment on the second one. A Townread is even better though! What about it was Towny? MiX thought it was scummy.

I only commented on the first one, but my admiration applied to both! It was clear to me that this is how you keep your notes and I don’t think you would share that level of detail. Also, it is actually helpful as opposed to a mammoth post filled with information that doesn’t actually help anyone draw conclusions. So, a combination of level of effort combined with quality of information.

I have no idea how MiX decides what is towny or not. He is an an enigma.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: October 21, 2021, 06:47:44 pm »

I have no idea how MiX decides what is towny or not. He is an an enigma.

It had colors. The colors made math look bad. Mean colors designed to push math. Colors bad. Agenda was transparent, but colors tried to hide it. Had a singular post from each player, players had made more than 1 post.

Jokes aside, I think it should've said "lol math was scumread by everyone, maybe he's just scum?" or some conclusion with words. Making people get that conclusion by themselves makes it harder for them to look at the "data" (which is just one post that you chost seemingly arbitrarily) objectively.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: October 21, 2021, 06:59:39 pm »

I only commented on the first one, but my admiration applied to both! It was clear to me that this is how you keep your notes and I don’t think you would share that level of detail. Also, it is actually helpful as opposed to a mammoth post filled with information that doesn’t actually help anyone draw conclusions. So, a combination of level of effort combined with quality of information.

Well my notes are in the form of a Google Sheet with a page dedicated to each player. I actually made a note of every single player-made post in the game (up until near the end; I would have caught up if the game had continued), but posts which I didn't have any thoughts on just had the post number. Any time someone expressed a read I highlighted it in red or green, so it was easy to look back and find reads. I think it was very helpful, but ended up creating too much work for myself. At one point I said I was fatigued with the game, and that was largely why. I think I'll probably do similar again in future, but be a lot more choosy about which posts I make a note of.

I thought the second one was quite visually appealing, and may be worth putting together at some point towards the end of any game. I was a bit worried I'd accidentally misrepresent someone, and I nearly did.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: October 21, 2021, 07:09:32 pm »

Jokes aside, I think it should've said "lol math was scumread by everyone, maybe he's just scum?" or some conclusion with words. Making people get that conclusion by themselves makes it harder for them to look at the "data" (which is just one post that you chost seemingly arbitrarily) objectively.

I tried to be as formulaic as possible when choosing which post to use. It was either the most recent post in which they'd expressed a read, or the strongest-worded, most relevant etc post among the most recent group of posts within a reasonable space of time, so long as it wasn't later contradicted. I linked each post and pointed out the links so people could verify them to whatever extend they felt necessary.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: October 21, 2021, 07:42:01 pm »

I'm going to be honest, I'm so glad town won so that being gimped by my interpretation of the EE roll didn't cost them... Turns out all you need is a 1-shot cop to turn the tide lol

Agreed that town missed a PR because of the EE roll. They should have had another 1-shot cop or 1-shot doc.

But I do think it actually cost us, as scum, even worse. We expected T or TT based on our roles. So we figured 4 or 5 PRs (something like full cop is equivalent to 2). When only 3 came up in massclaim (ECM), I expected a hidden UB, that e was full cop, or someone else who lied. Because of that, I pushed for it, said more than I otherwise would have, and got caught partly because of things I said - and that was my mistake. That's also why I had to ask for setup clarification publicly, to start justifying why I said the things I did and setup how and when I would add my fake-claim (from the moment iguana didn't claim cop, I started planning the claim that I ended up making too late).

Overall, still a good game. I just wish e had actually been a full cop... then ECCMTT would have made sense.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: October 21, 2021, 07:46:37 pm »

Hooray! Good game everyone.

Props to faust. I can't argue with your results.

Dylan, this post should probably just have read something like "I interpret it as [A] or [C]." At the time I read it as confirmation that EE wasn't rolled. More importantly, it seems to be confirmation that the question wasn't asked in the scum QT. Which is a bit awkward because it feels like it wouldn't be right to make arguments based on that.

I sort of interpreted Dylan's answer the same way - that it hasn't been rolled EE this game. So because of that, I felt I had to kill e to confirm if he was full cop or if there was still a hidden role (because it still just looked like ECM). Had I killed WCD instead, I probably would have died sooner then, since everyone who would have been alive at that point seemed to want me dead.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: October 21, 2021, 07:50:00 pm »

I'm going to be honest, I'm so glad town won so that being gimped by my interpretation of the EE roll didn't cost them... Turns out all you need is a 1-shot cop to turn the tide lol

Agreed that town missed a PR because of the EE roll. They should have had another 1-shot cop or 1-shot doc.

But I do think it actually cost us, as scum, even worse. We expected T or TT based on our roles. So we figured 4 or 5 PRs (something like full cop is equivalent to 2). When only 3 came up in massclaim (ECM), I expected a hidden UB, that e was full cop, or someone else who lied. Because of that, I pushed for it, said more than I otherwise would have, and got caught partly because of things I said - and that was my mistake. That's also why I had to ask for setup clarification publicly, to start justifying why I said the things I did and setup how and when I would add my fake-claim (from the moment iguana didn't claim cop, I started planning the claim that I ended up making too late).

Overall, still a good game. I just wish e had actually been a full cop... then ECCMTT would have made sense.

Yeah, the benefit of having say extra Cop shots is an increased likelihood of getting a guilty result. The fact that we got one from our only shot means that we really weren't hurt by it.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: October 21, 2021, 07:51:30 pm »

Oh, and I believe we did start asking the EE question in scum QT, and revealed that Swowl and I had different interpretations, but the response came late and Swowl and I were not online at the same time so didn't have a chance to coordinate anything.

So I went off script (there was no script!) by asking in game and playing it up with Swowl... thanks for playing along. With him likely to flip that day and the discussion backing up my potential future moves, I'm glad it also seemed to distance us because we "hadn't talked about it in scum QT"... too bad that wasn't enough to keep suspicion off me the next day.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: October 21, 2021, 07:54:24 pm »

Yeah, to me the fact that the question seemingly hadn't been asked the the scum QT nullified the benefit you would have gotten from that.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: October 21, 2021, 11:06:06 pm »

sheeeshhhhh

This completely slayed me:
"WCD - Need to re read to a PR extent. Should be noted there is like a 50% chance I do something out of character without knowing it and she picks up on it and just tunnels the absolute balls out of me."

hahaha
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 20 queries.