Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174387 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #2125 on: October 20, 2021, 05:56:03 pm »

Yeah nah there's no Town reason for this. Intent to vote mathdude.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 20, 2021, 06:06:42 pm »

I tried to save Didds the night MiX died since EFHW hadn't used the 1-shot save yet.

I was VT after the save was used, so there was no need to claim it at that point.

You claimed VT Day 3, while MiX was still alive.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 20, 2021, 06:11:03 pm »

Yeah nah there's no Town reason for this. Intent to vote mathdude.

Who else would you have voted for anyway? Really.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 20, 2021, 06:13:15 pm »

Haha true.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 20, 2021, 06:19:48 pm »

I tried to save Didds the night MiX died since EFHW hadn't used the 1-shot save yet.

I was VT after the save was used, so there was no need to claim it at that point.

You claimed VT Day 3, while MiX was still alive.

Sorry, just typing fast on phone and didn't go back to look at which day was which. It's been so long that I'm losing track of the early days in the game, and it's tough to go look it all up on mobile.
I meant that I would be as good as VT. And in all my times ever playing as doctor (real life, other online places), I don't think I've ever successfully saved someone. I'm a pretty useless doctor, and a 1-shot is even worse.

When I said no point in claiming it "at that point", I meant even after using the shot. I claimed VT to hide the info, as i said. Then i still didn't see a point in revealing the truth after i failed in the save.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: October 20, 2021, 06:24:53 pm »

Would you have claimed VT if you were had rolled 1-Shot Doctor and still had your shot?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: October 20, 2021, 06:27:18 pm »

I figured I would put the truth out there now, too see if it helps faust or joth see some of my posts in a slightly different light. If I'm exiled tonight, it's lylo tomorrow. If we can exile Jimmmmm today, it might be game over. So I'm still trying to help.

Also, regarding the "scumslip" (we/you), I was probably just thinking once I'm dead, it's now "you" (assuming the person I was replying to was town) instead of "we" since I'm no longer around in the game.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 20, 2021, 06:42:41 pm »

Didds, I take your point about reaching few conclusions. In general I'm someone who hates risking being wrong - it's often difficult for me to come to opinions about things that I can't have a relative degree of certainly about. Mafia to me is a game of probabilities; although sometimes you have certainty in the form of Night results, most often you exile whoever is the most likely to flip scum. Apparent certainty has always been a scumtell to me. Which is why, as I indicated early Day 1, I don't know what to do with the likes of faust and MiX confidently stating someone's alignment, particularly with little or no given reason. I'm never going to match that level of confidence, and I don't think it would be helpful for me to feign it, so I feel like I'm never going to be as persuasive as them. Which means it doesn't really feel like it matters if I come to conclusions or not. It also doesn't help that exiles generally happen while I'm asleep, which means I haven't really had the opportunity/responsibility of actually being there to help make the final decision.

As is evident from Day 1, faust's style of not answering questions clashes with my style of asking questions. Largely my distrust of faust stemmed from "You could be scum, and man do I not want you to win if you are." Which is not a good reason to actually exile someone. It was feeling like it was getting to the point of faust needing to be called to account for being wrong all the time, but then he started being right. At some point I thought maybe I should trust MiX's unfailing read, as someone who recently has played more than me, and is probably better at understanding peoples metas. After the Swowl flip, I was like, "Yeah, they're probably right", especially since you had tied the strengthening of your read to the Swowl flip.

I've been finding this game that the more closely I look at any individual, the more I think they're Town, which makes it hard to conclude that someone is scum. Day 3 my gut told me that iguana was hella Towny for the most part and e was null at best, but my head told me that the Cop claim was probably legit. faust's confidence in both directions muddied things for me further. Day 4 the general confidence on Swowl, particularly from faust, made me uncomfortable. I felt like if he flipped Town we were in real trouble, but no one seemed to care.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: October 20, 2021, 06:47:00 pm »

Would you have claimed VT if you were had rolled 1-Shot Doctor and still had your shot?

I'm not totally sure, but I think so. No point in having a target on my back. Especially if there was another role that was a likely target for night kill (masons, cop, etc.) so no need to let them kill me first then the other. Give me a chance at a successful save.

But the swing from VT to 1-shot doc is less than from M to MMM. So I don't know for sure.

PPE 1
he/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: October 20, 2021, 10:32:36 pm »

this claim smacks of desperation.

it's not completely implausible that it's a town move but... yeah.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 21, 2021, 12:40:31 am »

Lol yeah. No way town doesn't claim UB because that casts serious doubt on the Mason claim. Yet at no point was mathdude implying that the Masons could be lying.

Can we exile and win now please?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: October 21, 2021, 12:42:00 am »

Vote: math

Probably wait for Didds to chime in.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 21, 2021, 08:57:33 am »

Lol yeah. No way town doesn't claim UB because that casts serious doubt on the Mason claim. Yet at no point was mathdude implying that the Masons could be lying.

Can we exile and win now please?

Emphasis added.
I definitely implied it. I told MiX it would be so easy to call him scum if he wasn't a Mason, on D3 I think (I'll go look it up after posting this). And after we sorted out e vs iguana, I was going to bring it up again, especially if neither "mason" died... but MiX died that night which put my whole "masons are actually scum" theory to bed.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #2138 on: October 21, 2021, 09:00:57 am »

Wait, people are voting Jimmmmm?

You all are super scummy. Jimmmm is the most townie of all townies

And you know this because... ? AFAIK, only scum could be that sure... or MiX apparently. Everything he knows, he knows with 100% certainty.
What do you mean, that sure? All e said is that Jimmmmm is his highest townread. Doesn't matter how strong your reads are, one (or more) of them is always going to be the strongest.

Fair enough. I guess I read "most townie of all townies" as "is town". But it doesn't say that. You're right. I take back a bit of the shade I was throwing at e.

Scumslip and also Jimmmmm is town.

Maybe we should just flip math...yesterday...sigh...

The more I read this game the less I want to play it.

I like how you keep hedging on where to go next. Calling out partners and teams. We don't even know which way to look until we sort out which of e and iguana is scum. So rather than help the undecided find the truth about e's claim, you keep focusing on things that are less relevant to today's vote.

If you weren't Mason, it'd be too easy to call you scum.

Here's the quote I mentioned.
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: October 21, 2021, 09:20:13 am »

WTF?? So, mathdude, you skipped claiming in the mass claim because you still had a shot left? And you waited until now to tell us about it? Am I following that right?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: October 21, 2021, 09:31:18 am »

Okay, bracketing the math claim for a minute, I went back and read the mason qt.

On D2, math had a pretty good case on iguana that was a big wall post at #932. Mix thought it was trying to set up a 1 v 1 with iguana and at the time he thought it was scummy because he thought iguana was town. In retrospect, MiX thought it meant that they weren’t partners.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: October 21, 2021, 09:43:27 am »

I wanna hammer so bad.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: October 21, 2021, 09:57:38 am »

WTF?? So, mathdude, you skipped claiming in the mass claim because you still had a shot left? And you waited until now to tell us about it? Am I following that right?

Yes. Call me a rookie to claims if you want. But yes.

That's why I had an interest in the interpretation of EE roll. That's why I dropped the statement about MiX, masons, scum D3. That's why I pushed e and thought he was lying.

I wasn't planning to share it at all... let my death reveal it. But at this point, I figured it would cause mass confusion tomorrow and distract from finding the real scum. So better to sort out the "why didn't he claim" while I'm alive and can respond.
he/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #2143 on: October 21, 2021, 10:12:19 am »

It just doesn't make sense, trying to hide information and lie in his claim.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: October 21, 2021, 10:14:22 am »

Okay, here’s what I think. I don’t think Jimmm is scum. But I also don’t really think mathdude is either. I reread D5 since that is where I left off last night and Joth has been the most scummy today. So, that is shaking my sense of towncore. But I also think it is too late in the day to completely shift gears.

So, I’ll hammer math but if it’s not over y’all figure it out tonight, okay?

vote: math

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #2145 on: October 21, 2021, 10:14:33 am »

It just doesn't make sense, trying to hide information and lie in his claim.
This wonderful statement is made 5 hours before mathdude's VT claim.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: October 21, 2021, 10:16:29 am »

I hope mathdude is scum because tomorrow is going to be a real challenge if he isn't!

Especially with that dagger in the back from my best friend WCD :P

But I'm pretty confident this is going to end well for us. And soon!

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: October 21, 2021, 10:16:59 am »

Wait a minute. If math is town, I'm IC.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: October 21, 2021, 10:17:38 am »

I wanna hammer so bad.

This seals it -- if I'm the last scum I should have just hammered here. Wait, I guess I wouldn't have won straight up. Nevermind, not IC.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: October 21, 2021, 10:17:47 am »

townslip, sorry.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 89  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.