Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174504 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #2075 on: October 19, 2021, 03:35:34 am »

I doubt they had the EE stuff figured out, so they'd have to think that there is lying town.

Swowl had the same EE interpretation as Dylan, and was just assuming it was true. So Swowl at least didn't think there was lying Town. I'm inclined to think it wasn't discussed in the QT, so who knows what other scum thought.
I don't think he did, going by this:
this is incorrect.. EE is 2x of 1 shot doc OR 1shot cop x2
He seemed to think it's 2 of either 1-shot Doc or 1-shot Cop, but not that it could be just a single 1-shot Doc.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: October 19, 2021, 03:37:13 am »

He corrected that in the next post.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: October 19, 2021, 03:39:46 am »

Ah, true.

The thing is that I find it hard to believe they wouldn't discuss the setup at Night after claims went weirdly. It's possible that the whole thing was staged I suppose.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: October 19, 2021, 03:44:56 am »

Yeah. The whole thing is pretty weird.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: October 19, 2021, 07:35:16 am »

joth has already stated that "The scenario where faust is scum at this point is an insane conspiracy theory that doesn’t really bare serious consideration."

Joth believes this (or at least did... hopefully still doesn't). I don't believe it. You can choose whether you do or not.

Conspiracy theory, maybe. Not worth serious consideration... I disagree. This game is made for moves like that.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: October 19, 2021, 07:38:54 am »

I was responding to your assertion that I was trying to figure out which of joth and faust I could get to vote for the other.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: October 19, 2021, 07:53:06 am »

That concerns me. Because honestly, if you guys just exile Jimmmmm tomorrow based on MiX and WCD's discussion, I'm not confident you'll win - the exiles needs to be Jimmmmm and faust.

Like just look at Jimmmmm's recent handful of posts. He's basically finding out which of people's reads on him are genuine and which are based on strategy. He knows if you exile me today, he'll be around tomorrow and he's trying to figure out which 2 of you to keep, where at least one will vote with him against the other.

Wait, one of these says you're not confident I'm scum, and the other says I am.

"I'm not confident you'll win" - you're not confident who will win?

I'm absolutely not confident it's you. It could be you or faust.

If you're scum, you're likely dead tomorrow since it sounds like any 2 of faust, joth, and WCD wil vote for you. But I've already seen in your posts today that you're subtly trying to figure out your next angle... which one of them will consider someone other than you tomorrow.

The worse part is if you're town. If they vote me out today, they're already locked on you tomorrow. (I'm in the same boat if we exile you today and you aren't scum... but at least I'm trying to put some info out there to make the "town core" reread and reconsider tonight).
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: October 19, 2021, 07:58:35 am »

That concerns me. Because honestly, if you guys just exile Jimmmmm tomorrow based on MiX and WCD's discussion, I'm not confident you'll win - the exiles needs to be Jimmmmm and faust.

I’m not following you here. You think faust is the last scum?

I'm open to that possibility if Jimmmmm flips town today. I was leaning more to faust at the start of today, but with Jimmmmm's posts today, i think I'll switch my order of the two.

Vote: Jimmmmm
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: October 19, 2021, 08:00:01 am »

Getting to work now... I have a few more thoughts to post, but they have to wait for lunch.
he/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: October 19, 2021, 08:14:52 am »

Whatever happened to this:
But if it ends up being Jim or joth, it won't really surprise me.
(emphasis mine)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: October 19, 2021, 08:17:04 am »

Getting to work now... I have a few more thoughts to post, but they have to wait for lunch.
The one thing I am sad about with the "exile" wording is that we can no longer make lunch jokes.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: October 19, 2021, 09:07:57 am »

Like just look at Jimmmmm's recent handful of posts. He's basically finding out which of people's reads on him are genuine and which are based on strategy. He knows if you exile me today, he'll be around tomorrow and he's trying to figure out which 2 of you to keep, where at least one will vote with him against the other.

Wait, one of these says you're not confident I'm scum, and the other says I am.

"I'm not confident you'll win" - you're not confident who will win?

I didn't say you said you were confident it was me. Your second post seems to follow on from your first one, but it instead contradicts it.

Also, to be clear, "I'm not confident you'll win" appears to be a scumslip.

If you're scum, you're likely dead tomorrow since it sounds like any 2 of faust, joth, and WCD wil vote for you. But I've already seen in your posts today that you're subtly trying to figure out your next angle... which one of them will consider someone other than you tomorrow.

In what world does scum me think that I can convince joth to vote for faust? If figuring out my next angle was my goal, this pretty much answers that:

Ok faust has me convinced.

So with faust and e in my towncore...

The scenario where faust is scum at this point is an insane conspiracy theory that doesn’t really bare serious consideration.

Faust's math case has me pretty sold.

I would not consider joth today but if we don't find the right exile I'd probably get paranoid the next day and would try to investigate him more closely.

The worse part is if you're town. If they vote me out today, they're already locked on you tomorrow. (I'm in the same boat if we exile you today and you aren't scum... but at least I'm trying to put some info out there to make the "town core" reread and reconsider tonight).

I'm aware of the situation if you flip Town. That's why I'm trying to figure joth out. His Day 1 read has potentially a lot to do with his Day 2 read, and very little if anything to do with his Day 6 one.

It's also why I asked if you have any reason to consider faust scum beyond "his early Day 3 was weird".

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: October 19, 2021, 10:37:41 am »

I think finding someone who is pushing you scummy is a very towny reaction, so I think math suspecting faust makes sense. Jimmm on the other hand is cozying up to faust in a way that makes me find him scummy.

I think my preference is still to vote for Jimmm, but I need to think about it some more.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: October 19, 2021, 10:40:29 am »

I think finding someone who is pushing you scummy is a very towny reaction, so I think math suspecting faust makes sense. Jimmm on the other hand is cozying up to faust in a way that makes me find him scummy.

I think my preference is still to vote for Jimmm, but I need to think about it some more.
I'm going to need a signficant amount of convincing if you want me to vote Jimmmmm over math.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: October 19, 2021, 10:44:20 am »

I mean if we do math today and he flips town, I'm not going to go into the final day and immediately vote for Jim. I will do my due diligence and really consider faust. You have my promise on that.

I certainly don't underestimate faust's skill.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: October 19, 2021, 03:07:35 pm »

I'm going to need a signficant amount of convincing if you want me to vote Jimmmmm over math.

Will you reread Jimm in the same way that you reread math?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: October 19, 2021, 03:09:54 pm »

^^ It's okay of you don't wanna, I just think its more balanced to compare them since that is where you were when you started the math reread project.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: October 19, 2021, 05:32:00 pm »

Although when I saw the Swowl flip I thought maybe e was a full Cop. Which must be part of why they killed him instead of Didds.

Scum-slip?
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: October 19, 2021, 05:45:03 pm »

Whatever happened to this:
But if it ends up being Jim or joth, it won't really surprise me.
(emphasis mine)

Well, it's one of 3 of you, and at the time of writing that, I was pretty sure it was faust, but wasn't confident of anything so stated I wouldn't be surprised if it was either of the others. I believe joth has been fairly universally town-read, and a few others feel it's between me and Jimmmmm... combine that with my main skum read at the time, and I narrowed my sights to Jimmmmm and faust

Then more recently based on today's posts, I've now put my top scum read as Jimmmmm, ahead of faust. Is that influenced by the fact that I likely won't swing 2 more votes to faust? Maybe a bit. But I know it's not me. So Jimmmmm is still a better chance of finding scum... plus, today he just looks like he's setting up for who to kill tonight.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: October 19, 2021, 05:53:40 pm »

Re: Jimmmmm's comments about sometimes I'm "not sure" and other times I post as if I'm sure it's him...

I'm not sure. Any post which seems to have confidence or 1-target tunneling should be prefaced with:
"If you are the skum, here's the narrative I see that others should also consider"

But I've been mobile posting almost this whole game day. So I figure an argument about why Jimmmmm is likely scum shouldn't need the full preamble.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: October 19, 2021, 06:56:19 pm »

Although when I saw the Swowl flip I thought maybe e was a full Cop. Which must be part of why they killed him instead of Didds.

Scum-slip?

I don't understand.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: October 19, 2021, 06:57:02 pm »

Is there anything I can address for you Didds?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: October 19, 2021, 06:57:59 pm »

plus, today he just looks like he's setting up for who to kill tonight.

This is madness. Didds will be killed Tonight.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 19, 2021, 07:00:39 pm »

Re: Jimmmmm's comments about sometimes I'm "not sure" and other times I post as if I'm sure it's him...

I'm not sure. Any post which seems to have confidence or 1-target tunneling should be prefaced with:
"If you are the skum, here's the narrative I see that others should also consider"

But I've been mobile posting almost this whole game day. So I figure an argument about why Jimmmmm is likely scum shouldn't need the full preamble.

It's not about being sure or unsure. The 2 posts I quoted read like this "I'm not confident Jim is scum. Like, just look at how scummy he is."

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: October 19, 2021, 10:57:09 pm »

plus, today he just looks like he's setting up for who to kill tonight.

This is madness. Didds will be killed Tonight.

Of course she will. If you get me exiled tonight (at this point, votes from you, faust, and possibly joth seem most likely), you wouldn't want her still around tomorrow to vote for you again tomorrow.
he/him
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.