Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174263 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #2050 on: October 17, 2021, 08:34:24 pm »

joth, you seemed to have a pretty solid scumread on me Day 1, but then didn't really mention me again until Day 4 when you said you had a pretty strong Townread. What changed your read?

The short and unhelpful answer is “your play”. The longer answer will require re-reading to articulate.

The thought I just had about faust is that IIRC at least some of the people who were pushing the faust-is-scum narrative have now flipped scum. Which helps me feel better about his towniness.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 17, 2021, 08:36:14 pm »

How were you feeling about me throughout Day 2 and 3? Was the change sudden or gradual?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 17, 2021, 08:37:25 pm »

Also, how genuine was your Day 1 read, and how much was it a commitment to your "stick to a read" strategy?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 17, 2021, 08:58:12 pm »

I’m confident that if I can find time to read these 80 pages of game the reality of the final scumster will become apparent. Unfortunately it’s a big if.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 17, 2021, 08:59:49 pm »

Also, how genuine was your Day 1 read, and how much was it a commitment to your "stick to a read" strategy?

I wouldn’t have implemented the strategy without a read I felt solid about. But I was working with very little information.

I remember the first time I started to feel like “this guy’s town” was when you had a very earnest, authentic exchange with someone. I think it was faust.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: October 17, 2021, 09:00:17 pm »

And then you kept sort of reinforcing that without giving me any reason to suspect you.

He/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: October 17, 2021, 09:26:55 pm »

I remember the first time I started to feel like “this guy’s town” was when you had a very earnest, authentic exchange with someone. I think it was faust.

It would be great if you could find this, given that my exchange with faust was what started the scumread in the first place.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: October 17, 2021, 09:29:05 pm »

Same question regarding your Day 2 Swowl and gkrieg reads, and any others you might have used your strategy for.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: October 18, 2021, 05:55:02 am »

I'll get started on a math reread now. Trying to put quotes I find interesting here for easy access.

I did not realize all the Joth voters had already unvoted.

I also don't like voting MiX because of all the tryhard.

Vote: EFHW because of saltiness is something I can get behind.

You don't like tryhard, but saltiness is okay?
Vote: iguana
Let's try a better wagon here?
First iguana interaction.

This is sort of my take on the whole faust opinion of providing naked votes.
This starts a series of posts talking about meta stuff rather than the game itself.

-snip-
Long post about me

Even after all this, I still can't figure out if you find me scummy or not. I think you went back and forth 3 or 4 times, got stuck on last game a bit too long, and then couldn't decide. But after reading your posts on other people too, you seem to be in the same boat with your reads on a lot of people. Seems hedgy overall to me.

PPE Swowl's post
Some more math/iguana interaction.

Blah, I missed swowl.

I think WCD was right about swowl. Swowl's our best shot in the dark exile, and would serve him right for not showing up when he said he would. But also it's a jerk move to exile someone just for being busy IRL when he's repeatedly like "Hey, I'll get to this later."

So maybe WCD is the jerk, not me.

Up to this point, your read on almost everyone seemed to hone on how they looked at me. You are really tunneling down on me, aren't you? Are you scum trying to buddy (or I guess anti-buddy) me, in case you get caught so it looks like I'm a partner? Or are you just a mistaken townie gone down too far? Open up and start looking at people outside of their read on me. Because if you are town, this is how you drag us down to a quick loss. Scum don't even need to do anything.

It's like the faust/Jimmmmm thing... if both town, scum would have happily let us all camp there the full D1.
Okay now, this one seems quite telling!

I think I'm leaning town-ish for faust for now.
This worries me. Town!math seems to always scumread me.

Iguana is the only vote I respect. He's looked at others, and decided to stick with me. It's wrong, but I respect it. And until his post just before this, it was like a tunnel, joth-like, not planning to go anywhere else (though I can no longer say that, since he's now said he's willing to move to get an exile).
This sort of stuff seems designed to highlight how iguana busses math.

That is D1 for you. I think I'll split these by Day, in order to not get too wallpost-y and allow me to split up my work on this.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: October 18, 2021, 06:51:36 am »

While I'm at it, here are the highlights from math's D2:

I just re-read all of LaLight's 27 posts.

Basically he was pushing pretty hard for MiX and faust.

So let's go from that pool.

I know, I know, WIFOM, but we never actually sheep the dead's reads so scum won't have counted on us doing it.

Also either of those flips are going to be pretty informational.

vote: MiX

Bold added for emphasis. I know my experience here is fairly limited. But I have noticed that through my games here, the dead have an above average probability of having correct reads, yet we almost never do anything about it.

I doubt we're lucky enough that LL picked 2 on D1. But between the two, I still feel MiX is town-ish, so to start the day, I'll sheep LL's faust suspicion for now.

Vote: faust
This is very strange, considering that he townread me at the end of D1 and had this to say about MiX:
Maybe I'm just finally getting back to my usual "I always find MiX scummy", or maybe I'm onto something.  At this point in my re-reads, I'd say it's MiX or Jimmmmm, but almost guaranteed not both.  If MiX is town, he's misreading Jimmmmm.  If MiX is scum, he went too far in his confidence that Jimmmmm is town.
So it seems like he got his reads mixed up here (no pun intended).

Vote: faust
When you look for scum and can't find them, it's because Faust is scum.

Or gkrieg.

You're really grasping at straws, aren't you? Just trying to see who will bite and where. You're either super helpful and going to stumble on something good, or you're scum trying to mislead us. I don't like you sheeping my vote.

unvote
Now this was a weird interaction at the time, and in the light of iguana's efforts at pushing math during D1 it seems like a further distancing move.

If someone wants to save me a little time and summarize iguana's posts through D1 and D2, that might save me a bit of time.  But I will go through them for sure, as I feel he's one person I've basically ignored this game so far - probably the most active person I've ignored (I also have almost no thoughts on e or gk, since almost nothing they have said has stood out to me, other than their basically naked votes of me D1).
This seems quite blatantly untrue, iguana was one of the people math interacted the most with during D1, how could he say he "ignored" iguana?

math then goes on to vote for iguana. Not going to quote that post because it's super long.

For now, I'm leaving my vote on iguana, but I'll gladly switch to gkrieg today too.
Signaling support for a gkrieg exile.

I like your wall post and I think it deserves consideration, but I wish it weren't a case on the towniest person in the game.

I disagree that he's the towniest.  But like I said near the end of it... I went into it with a big gut scumread on iguana, then as I was getting through the posts, they weren't seeming near as scummy as I remembered.  But I'm leaving my vote there now until he responds.  I assume it will either assure me that he is scum, or it will give me a reason to move my vote.
And mathdude seems about ready to jump ship on iguana. It's also of note that mathdude ignores joth's vote for Swowl shortly before this.

Then mathdude spend a bunch of time collecting vote patterns that he never seems to do anything with.

Forget waiting.

Vote: gkrieg

He hasn't posted in nearly 48 hours. But his profile says last active on forum at 12:34pm today. He's watching, and just hoping the wagon sways away from him. He's afraid if he says something, it will further incriminate him.

I believe that's X-1.
I guess this vote is unsurprising.

gkrieg hasn't said anything to convince me he's town. But he does raise some valid points on faust. I don't know if both could be scum (I guess maybe... if he's godfather, and he figures it's better to bus a goon?) But likely at least 1 of them are.
mathdude is setting up a faust push for the next Day.

And that's prety much it. mathdude posts a couple of time in the EoD2, but nothing earth-shattering.

I can definitely see a narrative starting to emerge here.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: October 18, 2021, 08:12:20 am »

math D3. This should be fun!

Of the 4 that jumped to WCD EoD, only joth and e are still alive. I still don't get why it happened. And with the other 2 votes confirmed town now, I'm not sure what the play was. Is one of them scum? Both? Could they both be town? Why would 4 town make a last minute move like that? Sure, if they absolutely know someone is scum... but otherwise, they've left us with a useless EoD, which was effectively D1 and it doesn't help today. And because of that, I feel like the move was scum-driven.
Right from the start mathdude pushes an angle that is very convenient for scum!him.

I believe I'm next in line. So if 2 or 3 more people say go ahead and there's no resistance, I'll continue the claims. But if there is still hesitation, then we should probably wait.
This is seems very eager to please the crowd. The Masons already said they want the massclaim, are you looking for scum's input or what?

The other thing is the LaLight kill N1. It has "trying to avoid the Doctor target" written all over it. However... that would only be a concern if scum doesn't have a full Strongman. That means that there are at most three non-T letters in the setup. And we already have

E - EFHW
M - MiX/Didds
E/C - Swowl

There isn't room for another Cop.

Are you still on this set of beliefs for setup?  Is it possible that e is a cop and there are less T's than expected?  Might the scum have a strongman and they went after LL for a different reason?  Or is this what you would have us believe?
This is very telling I feel like. "Less Ts than expected", "scum has the Strongman" - all things scum knew at the time were true.

I haven't decided yet.  I'm leaning toward scum!e, just based on timing, the vague claim, and a few other little things.  But I'm not putting a vote there yet.
Pretty hedge.

I've said multiple times that I think it's almost too convenient that everything lines up for if e is lying scum. I think that's the answer, and since that will no longer put him at X-1, I will
Vote: e
This is at a point where iguana is at 3 votes, and the only person currently voting for e. It look pretty desperate if math is scum. Would he not have gone for the bus?

Alright, so this D3 from scum's perspective: There are not enough claims from town. I doubt they had the EE stuff figured out, so they'd have to think that there is lying town. A sensible option for that would be that e is lying and actually a full Cop with a not-useful N1 result -  his claim was a bit dodgy after all. Through that lens it makes more sense to be pushing e: You can just say "oh well, he was lying after all and that's what I picked up on". So it's a bit of a safer push. It's also more important to get rid of fullcop!e -  iguana was their RB, if he gets exiled then they basically have to use the NK on e.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: October 18, 2021, 09:38:46 am »

Let's finish it! math D4 here we come.

My list... chum to scum

WCD - obvious
joth - nothing specific, but generally getting town vibes
e - I really want to believe the cop claim
Jim - mostly null... nothing has stood out from him since D1
Swowl - when he's here, he posts thoughtful stuff, but mostly seems to not be around or contribute much (1 week, for 1 game day... okay. But 3 and counting could be hiding)
faust - start of D3 was just way too much... seems like some hidden agenda
This has Swowl... not quite as his first choice going into D4.

Swowl - when he's here, he posts thoughtful stuff, but mostly seems to not be around or contribute much (1 week, for 1 game day... okay. But 3 and counting could be hiding)
this is what I mean about scum to chum lists by the way. It's D3 with a scum flip and mathdude doesn't have anything better on Swowl than "he's lurking". That's not going to help us.

Lurking through 3 full game days?  That's not a fallback, or lame read.  That's a scumtell.  Not sure if it's one for Swowl, but I know some of my past few games, I've seen at least 1, and sometimes 2 of the scum post just enough to not get prodded, and just slide through most of the game that way.  I feel Swowl's doing that here.  When he does post after an absence, there were a few too many "catching up" or "just checking in, but still gone for a bit" posts for me to believe they're genuine.
Maybe at this point I have a lot of bias, but this seems the kind of read that results from overreacting to your partner doing something you perceive as scummy because you already know they're scum.

But I don't agree with your conclusion... because e could be scum.  If he fake-claimed guilty on partner (which I know people say is unlikely), then you all know it's actually TTTME, and there's still a possibility for the final letter to be E (another 1-shot doctor, or a real 1-shot cop), C (a real 1-shot cop), D (full doctor), or even B (roleblocker), or another T (VT).  I think it's even possible e is scum and you (faust) are town and were just mistaken, while he, iguana, and their other partner are glad you jumped in hard on e so they didn't have to get as involved in the discussion.
This is again pretty incriminating. From a town POV, there's no use speculating about more PRs; we had a massclaim. But scum still thinks there's some lying town out there because the letter don't match up. This theory would imply that they didn't figure out the EE stuff at Night.

So 1-shot cop doesn't make sense, based on how you presented results yesterday.  Full cop makes very little sense.  Scum makes more sense.  Kill a partner early, get town-cred for the rest of the game, but it just didn't work out the way you were hoping.
I'm saying if e is actually town, I'd find it more believable if he's actually a full cop who lied to protect himself, than that he's telling the truth.
This is further proof of that, believing that e could be a full Cop somehow.

Then math and Swowl talk about the EE thing - it seems likely that they just now realized the "weird" reading. math also continues to post voting pattern that he never actually does any analysis on.

Let's move on. Faust is right that we're getting nowhere by holding here. We're either right or we're wrong, and we won't know until a flip.

Vote: Swowl
X-1, I believe
Then he jumps on Swowl. The dude has been a dead man walking for a while at that point.

So all in all... math is incredibly scummy. I came into this thinking Jimmmmm was the more likely scum, now I've changed my mind. I will still reread Jimmmmm of course, who know maybe he was even more scummy.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: October 18, 2021, 10:49:25 am »

faust, everything you're posting looks very scummy if you look at it with the math-is-likely-scum angle.  But if you look at it with the math-is-town angle, you see the truth - I have no useful reads, I have no idea what's going on, and I'm fairly easily swayed by logical arguments (or conspiracy theories, like yours when you thought e's cop claim was scum claiming scum result on his partner).

I have been around these forums for over 6 months now, but this is the first game I've actually gone deep in the game as town.  The only other endgame I made was BM-dwarf mafia where we (scum) won a perfect game, with all of us still alive at the end.  That game was fake reads, especially getting careless at the end, but things were just set up so much in our favour with the neighbourhoods.  Here, I'm actually trying to figure stuff out.  I don't have strong opinions, because I don't know most of you well enough.  I've posted vote counts because that's what I can look at and provide as useful information, even though I can't pull much out of it myself - I don't know what kind of partnering, buddying, or bussing tends to happen in these games.  But I'm trying.

I have no reason to believe joth is the final scum at this point (if he is, well played to stay under the radar and let attention stay on others.... he deserves the win).  Most of you feel it's between me and Jim.  I feel it's between faust and Jim.  I think it's more likely faust.  But the fact that we have 2 chances, I'd be willing to vote Jim out tonight, and try to show you again that it's not me tomorrow.

Reread the quoted posts that faust has provided with a town-math perspective.  D1 and start of D2 relating to iguana... there was enough attention elsewhere, I wasn't trying to bring up another potential target but was trying to consolidate votes, which is more useful at the start.  I fully intended to look more into iguana later... but I had played more games with the rest of you and wanted to see 1 more day out of him.  He was pushing me, so of course I can't fully ignore him, even though I was intended to ignore him enough to look back at him later.

That's when we get into D2 and my "big case" on iguana... my gut reads on him kept ringing scum bells as I read day-to-day up to this point.  To use the words of others already in this game, I expected my reread of iguana would "break the game wide open".  I went through all his posts, and still posted my "big case", but admitted by the end of it that it didn't provide the incriminating evidence that my (likely biased because I was being targeted by him) opinion I thought it would - instead, most of what he had posted made sense.  So I started actually believing him.

Then when e brings a scum result, it felt like he/scum was trying to rope me back into the "iguana is scum" opinions, to misexile him and get close to lylo... and like I've said repeatedly, the way e claimed just didn't make any sense as a 1-shot cop.  He hedged, hinted, and looked for support without a claim (which could make sense as a full cop, hoping to get another result the next night), then he finally claimed, but didn't reveal his true role at first.  That just screamed scum to me.  So I pushed for it.  If I was really scum, would I that obviously "protect my partner"?  If I know iguana is dying that night or at "best" the next night, why would I put that partner-defense out there?  I did it because that's what I truly believed, because I didn't know.
he/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: October 18, 2021, 03:18:59 pm »

Faust's math case has me pretty sold.

He/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: October 18, 2021, 07:08:56 pm »

That concerns me. Because honestly, if you guys just exile Jimmmmm tomorrow based on MiX and WCD's discussion, I'm not confident you'll win - the exiles needs to be Jimmmmm and faust.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: October 18, 2021, 07:13:59 pm »

Like just look at Jimmmmm's recent handful of posts. He's basically finding out which of people's reads on him are genuine and which are based on strategy. He knows if you exile me today, he'll be around tomorrow and he's trying to figure out which 2 of you to keep, where at least one will vote with him against the other.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 18, 2021, 07:29:03 pm »

joth has already stated that "The scenario where faust is scum at this point is an insane conspiracy theory that doesn’t really bare serious consideration."

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: October 18, 2021, 07:32:46 pm »

That concerns me. Because honestly, if you guys just exile Jimmmmm tomorrow based on MiX and WCD's discussion, I'm not confident you'll win - the exiles needs to be Jimmmmm and faust.

Like just look at Jimmmmm's recent handful of posts. He's basically finding out which of people's reads on him are genuine and which are based on strategy. He knows if you exile me today, he'll be around tomorrow and he's trying to figure out which 2 of you to keep, where at least one will vote with him against the other.

Wait, one of these says you're not confident I'm scum, and the other says I am.

"I'm not confident you'll win" - you're not confident who will win?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: October 18, 2021, 09:45:38 pm »

I’m not following you here. You think faust is the last scum?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: October 19, 2021, 12:44:29 am »

Alright then.

Vote: math

Maybe I'll still do that Jimmmmm reread. It doesn't quite seem necessary though.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: October 19, 2021, 01:15:03 am »

I doubt they had the EE stuff figured out, so they'd have to think that there is lying town.

Swowl had the same EE interpretation as Dylan, and was just assuming it was true. So Swowl at least didn't think there was lying Town. I'm inclined to think it wasn't discussed in the QT, so who knows what other scum thought.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: October 19, 2021, 01:16:39 am »

Although when I saw the Swowl flip I thought maybe e was a full Cop. Which must be part of why they killed him instead of Didds.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2072 on: October 19, 2021, 01:35:43 am »

math, as far as I can find, these are the only reasons you've given for scumreading faust:

faust - start of D3 was just way too much... seems like some hidden agenda

I skimmed through things again at night, and I still have no idea. Absent of any further info today, I currently think it's faust - the shenanigans D3 with e's claim swung my opinion then, but I'm looking at his posts now in light of Swowl's (and iguana's) flips, and they sure say "I'm protecting my partner" first for iguana, then "bus for the win" for Swowl.

In the face of his being almost universally Townread, this is not going to sway anyone, particularly with the admission that you "still have no idea". Are you planning on making a more extensive case on him (or on me for that matter)?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: October 19, 2021, 02:48:14 am »

Although when I saw the Swowl flip I thought maybe e was a full Cop. Which must be part of why they killed him instead of Didds.
IDK. I mean e didn't share any more results, that's a pretty clear indication that he wasn't a full Cop. After Swowl died he was every bit as much IC as Didds, so which of those they killed didn't matter apart from WIFOMing and killing the more dangerous one.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: October 19, 2021, 03:10:13 am »

Well true. His Night 1 result could have been a dead Townie or Roleblocked, but we would have gotten something from Night 3.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.