Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174342 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1975 on: October 11, 2021, 09:26:30 pm »

I am on a plane tomorrow, so I will read all the stuff from this day. As we get close to the EoD, I’ll also share MiX’s take.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: October 12, 2021, 12:36:02 am »

I'm here, just waiting until we exile Swowl.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: October 12, 2021, 12:38:09 am »

I'm here, just waiting until we exile Swowl.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1978 on: October 12, 2021, 01:44:20 am »

Day 2 vote counts, extended... as of 6 hours to deadline:

Vote Count 2.1
mathdude (2): MiX, 2.71828.....
MiX (1): jotheonah
jotheonah (2): Swowl, faust
faust (1): mathdude
Not Voting (5): gkrieg13, Jimmmmm, iguanaiguana, EFHW, WestCoastDidds

mathdude: MiX, 2.71
MiX: joth
joth: Swowl, faust
faust: math, iguana

mathdude: MiX, 2.71, EFHW
MiX: joth
joth: Swowl, faust
faust: iguana

Vote Count 2.2
mathdude (2): MiX, EFHW
jotheonah (2): Swowl, faust
faust (2): , iguanaiguana, 2.71828.....
Not Voting (5): gkrieg13, Jimmmmm, WestCoastDidds, mathdude, jotheonah

mathdude: MiX, EFHW, gkrieg
joth: Swowl
faust: iguana
iguana: 2.71
2.71: faust

mathdude: MiX, EFHW, gkrieg
faust: iguana, 2.71
2.71: faust

mathdude: EFHW, gkrieg
faust: iguana, 2.71
gkrieg: faust, WCD, MiX
iguana: math

Vote Count 2.3
mathdude (3): EFHW, gkrieg13, MiX
jotheonah (1): Swowl,
faust (1): 2.71828.....
iguanaiguana (1): mathdude,
gkrieg13 (3): faust, WestCoastDidds, iguanaiguana
Swowl (1): jotheonah
Not Voting (1): Jimmmmm

mathdude: EFHW, gkrieg, MiX, joth
gkrieg: faust, WCD, iguana, Jim, math
WCD: 2.71

mathdude: EFHW, gkrieg
joth: Swowl, MiX
gkrieg: faust, WCD, iguana, Jim, math
WCD: 2.71, joth

Vote Count 2.4
mathdude (3): EFHW, gkrieg13, jotheonah,
jotheonah (3): Swowl, MiX, WestCoastDidds
gkrieg13 (4): faust, iguanaiguana, Jimmmmm, mathdude
WestCoastDidds (1): 2.71828.....

Votes from final 6 hours of D2:

Vote Count 2.5
mathdude (2): EFHW, gkrieg13
jotheonah (3): Swowl, MiX, WestCoastDidds
gkrieg13 (5): faust, iguanaiguana, Jimmmmm, mathdude, jotheonah
WestCoastDidds (1): 2.71828.....

math (3): EFHW, gkrieg, MiX
joth (2): Swowl, WCD
gkrieg (5): faust, iguana, Jim, math, joth
WCD (1): 2.71

math (1): MiX
gkrieg (4): faust, iguana, Jim, math
WCD (2): 2.71, EFHW
faust (1): gkrieg

math (1): MiX
gkrieg (5): faust, iguana, Jim, math, joth
WCD (3): 2.71, EFHW, gkrieg

Vote Count 2.Final
jotheonah (1): Swowl
gkrieg13 (6): faust, iguanaiguana, Jimmmmm, mathdude, MiX, WestCoastDidds
WestCoastDidds (4): 2.71828....., EFHW, gkrieg13, jotheonah

For reference, here was the D1 extended vote counts:
-snip-

D2 summary of votes:

MiX has voted for: math, gkrieg, math, joth, math, gkrieg
2.71 has voted for: math, faust, iguana, faust, WCD
joth has voted for: MiX, Swowl, math, WCD, math, gkrieg, WCD
Swowl has voted for: joth
faust has voted for: joth, 2.71, gkrieg
math has voted for: faust, iguana, gkrieg
iguana has voted for: faust, gkrieg
EFHW has voted for: math, WCD
gkrieg has voted for: math, faust, WCD
WCD has voted for: gkrieg, joth, gkrieg
Jim has voted for: gkrieg

D2 vote summaries up to 6 hours before deadline were originally posted here:
-snip-

For reference, here was the D1 vote summaries:
-snip-
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: October 12, 2021, 02:05:43 am »

D3 votes... much easier to track:

Iguana (2): 2.71, Swowl
2.71 (1): faust
WCD (1): joth

Iguana (2): 2.71, Swowl
2.71 (3): faust, joth, iguana

Iguana (1): 2.71
2.71 (3): faust, joth, iguana

Vote Count 3.1
iguanaiguana (3): 2.71828....., Swowl, faust
2.71828..... (1): iguanaiguana
Not Voting (5): MiX, mathdude, Jimmmmm, WestCoastDidds, jotheonah

Iguana (5): 2.71, Swowl, faust, joth, iguana
2.71 (1): math

Summary of votes:

iguana voted for: 2.71, iguana
2.71 voted for: iguana
Swowl voted for: iguana
faust voted for: 2.71, iguana
MiX voted for: (no one)
math voted for: 2.71
Jim voted for: (no one)
WCD voted for: (no one)
joth voted for: 2.71, iguana
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1980 on: October 12, 2021, 02:34:31 am »

iguana from math's perspective.

-a long post, and I've snipped all his quotes of me/iguana out, for brevity... and points numbered for reference-

1. So math's vote on iguana could easily be seen as a bus; it didn't last very long and there wasn't all that much reason for it. He did later indicate iguana was hedgy, but not all that much to that either.

2. Holding on to his scumread.

3. Hmm. I do find it strange that math says he was basically ignoring iguana, despite the fact the he has clearly scumread him for some time, and reacted sharply to iguana sheeping him.

4. I could see this as a pre-emptive excuse to abandon his scumread.

5. So this is a very long post, ending with a vote, but a non-committal one.

6. Soon after this he indicates support for the gkrieg wagon and then joins it. As far as I can tell, he never acknowledges iguana's response to his case, or really ever mentions him again, other than to disbelieve e's claim and say that scum iguana would not advocate for continuing the massclaim.

7. So okay from this perspective I could totally see them being partners. math, what was it about iguana's response that caused you to abandon your scumread on him? Why didn't you acknowledge the fact that you'd changed your read, despite the large amount of work you put into forming the read?

1. Didn't stay long on the vote D1, because it was D1, I guess?  I'd rather see consolidated votes earlier in the day in RVS, as I have stated earlier this game.  It seemed like no one was interested, so I figured I'd come back to it later.

2. Holding on, or coming back to it more likely, yes.

3. Ignoring was explained in the quote Jim had just prior to point 4 - it was just trying to use my time to get reads on people I felt I could more accurately read.  Again, the intention was to come back to iguana later.

4. If you want to see a preemptive excuse for abandoning a read, the quote you gave here is not the one to look at.  Look at the really long post you snipped and used to create point 5.  I went in with strong intentions of reading him as strong scum, then came out the end of it with a very weak read.

5. I ended with the vote, as I had originally intended to do... but I admitted that it wasn't as strong as I initially thought, which often happens with a reread.  I was more putting it there to see if people agreed with the read or disagreed.  It didn't go anywhere, so again, no point pushing when I didn't have solid proof.  Might as well look where others were looking, and come back again later if something else stands out.

6. Support for gkrieg wagon, yes.  Everything he did seemed scummy to me.  And I was wrong.  I think iguana's response to my case wasn't as important to me as other people's takes on it - if others kept the discussion going, it was worth continuing to look into.  If not, then let the conversation die.

7. Like I just said, it wasn't really iguana's response.  It was just where else I was looking.  The "strong" scumreads on iguana ended up looking weaker upon a reread.  The reads on gkrieg ended up looking really scummy upon rereading him.  And I did acknowledge the fact that I was changing my read on iguana, right before I actually voted for him (after my long post about him)... acknowledging it was not as severe of a case as I expected.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Signups)
« Reply #1981 on: October 12, 2021, 02:43:06 am »

I think scum is within you, faust, and Swowl. If we exile Swowl today, at least Jim has started a discussion for not tunneling me tomorrow and pushing this game to a final lylo of 2vs1.

But if you're Town it should also affect reads on Swowl, as then he's either being bussed or Town. Well okay given that you've put him in your top 2 scum, he's being bussed or Town anyway.

I think my chum to scum list earlier today (game day) had Swowl second. But shortly after, as I worked through e, I realized I had him in the wrong spot. I'd put e as my first pick now, faust second, Swowl third. So it's possible Swowl is Town with scum trying to push him if I'm right with my top two picks.

If it's Swowl/faust or Swowl/e, you're right the bussing makes less sense, since they could probably just push to exile me.

Regarding the bolded part, I think I've completely changed my mind here.  I was looking just at today, wondering why they would bus Swowl instead of just pushing to exile me.  But I'm now looking at it from the long-game perspective I actually think Swowl/faust or Swowl/e is more likely than faust/e (which was my current pick for scum).

Short term thinking, push for an easy exile like me, get to lylo.  Try to deal with it then.
The trouble - I flip town, the rest of you vote out Swowl tomorrow, and have 1 more day of interactions to figure out which one is his partner.

Long term thinking, bus Swowl (whichever one of them it is).  Yes, only 1 scum left, and need 2 misexiles.  But by being the one that drives the wagon, rather than jumping on at optimal bussing time, they are much less likely to be suspected.

I think I'd be ready to vote out Swowl.  But...

We have 4 days until deadline, I ask for half that time (2 days) to deep dive and get thoughts out based on this. My contributions this game have been lackluster at best, so if I have to be the pick of the day, I would at least like the chance to attempt to help in some way this game.

I'll honour Swowl's request and not put him at X-1 yet.
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: October 12, 2021, 03:09:33 am »

Part 1: Iguana!X

-   #67 Iguna votes Joth because “early wagons are good”. There was no wagon there at the time though. II also lists a TR on Math.
-   #111 Iguana recently unvotes Joth for EFHW instead and says his top biggest “unknowns” Joth and Jimm. (No follow up vote for Joth, who now does have a wagon on him, could mean all of this is just attempt at early partner interaction).
-   #113 and #115 – More fluff with Joth (again could be partner interaction)
-   #119 – Casts shade at faust for playing the same way as he had as skum
-   #202 – asks faust to address the previous.
-   #203 – Defends Jimmm, attempts to push a case on EFHW (That is potentially trying to push a wagon forming on Jimmm off to a now known towny)
-   #230 @ faust asking again why they are hiding reasons (actual conversation with faust here, which is furthering my read on town faust)

-   #231 - For me personally finding partner interactions is too hard without a single flip and it's a sort of folly to try. That sort of things lends itself to confirmation bias easily. (for me this means that II was self aware and making sure to go out of their way to interact with partners. FOS at Jimm, Joth, and I guess a little faust. But he is actually like… interacting with faust).

-   #233 – detailed defense of Jimmm. (continuation of either knighting or partner defense)

-   #315 – backs off faust after an explanation was given (could be partnery? Maybe?)

-   #316 – OK…. He disagrees with Jimmm on pushing faust… but then also says Jimmm is not skum for it (starting to be a trend)

-   #318 – Prods Swowl. (I think most likely because he did not like the wagons at the time, trying to open things up. Those wagons were EFHW and Jimmm).

-   #346 – Randomly sheeps E! on Mathdude. Which was him leaving a wagon of Town!EFHW to Joth as #2.

-   #520 – Digs wayyyy back to quote a Jimmm post and point out that it is towny (at this point it could be white knight, but also at this point there were only 4 wagon options [EFHW, Jimmm, Math, MiX]. We know MiX and Efoo were town now. So, he is choosing to stick guns on Math instead of taking the opportunity on Jimm. (*Come back to check on Jimm/Math/Iguana*)

-   #522 – Continues to back up his case on Math (that would be a hard bus, could be a thing, but a hard bus).

-   #525 – weird post on EFHW. Says null on EFHW, and that they are “back to TR on Jimmm”. However, I do no see the point where they were no TR on Jimmm. Don’t know what to make of that.

-   #531 – Agrees with WCD on Jimm. Disagrees that Math is town. Casts shade on Swowl.

-   #533 – GK read. Finds them skummy for defending EFHW, finds them towny for defending Math. (Going back to the self-aware concept, this could be skum partner Math because EFHW was town).

-   #535 – big post on Joth that includes Jimm. Ends up finding them both in the middle somehow, that could be shade casting on both, so I guess that is town points for at least one of them.

-   #541/542 – Town on E! (knighting). Null on Lalight (open door, which is weird because kill choice N1). Literally do not understand who “joustem” is. Casts a lot of shade on me, saying I would be the best lurker exile.

-   #548 – They continue to push Math over Jimmm, even going as far to say that Math is skummy for voting Jimm. Which tbf, at the time I agreed with. However, as Iguana is now known skum… that either means we had all town wagons on Day 1, which I guess somehow is possible, but honestly I think it is defense of Jimmm at this point with the wagons.

-   #536 – another big post pushing Mathdude.

-   #566 – Defends Joth skumslip thing to MiX.

-   #571- posts this VC:
Vote Count 1.II.5

EFHW (4): WestCoastDidds, MiX, Jotheonah, Swowl
Jimmmmm (3): jotheonah, mathdude, EFHW
faust (1): Jimmmmm
mathdude (3): 2.71828....., iguanaiguana, gkrieg13
MiX (2): LaLight, faust
-   #572 says they still like math best, but could move to Efoo instead. Skum points Jimmm.

So EOD1 makes me feel like Jimm is a either a white knight situation or a partner, math is either a hard bus or a push, and Joth is somewhere in the middle.

I have most of the rest done, but WCD and Dpro came into town and my brain needs the night to get the rest of the thoughts out.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: October 12, 2021, 03:09:52 am »

I have gone through it in a good amount of detail. Read back through my posts. I don't see 1-shot cop claiming the way he did. I'd more believe he's a full cop that lied to us about his role or he's scum. After you read back, let me know if you still have questions.

I meant with regards to iguana's flip. I don't think you've really addressed it Today; in fact early Today you listed e as your second Town read and said you wanted to believe his claim. Why would e fake a guilty result on his partner? Obviously the answer is to hopefully IC himself, but do you really think guaranteeing a scum exile is worth that? Do you now read iguana as gambiting scum as opposed to caught scum?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: October 12, 2021, 03:53:10 am »

Long term thinking, bus Swowl (whichever one of them it is).  Yes, only 1 scum left, and need 2 misexiles.  But by being the one that drives the wagon, rather than jumping on at optimal bussing time, they are much less likely to be suspected.
Or maybe this is your long-term strategy to get two more misexiles :)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1985 on: October 12, 2021, 06:12:59 am »

Some questions for Swowl.

What shook your confidence?

you should already know the answer to that.

Is the answer as you see it the same as the one faust gave?

no.

What answer did you have in mind here?

I am VT.

Sorry for not correcting faust earlier, but I figured if we ended up not claiming all the way I would draw a kill, so I leaned into it a bit.

Did you realise before faust's guess that you could be perceived as a breadcrumbing? Did the guess surprise you?

As weird as it seems, I think what is happening is skum is trying to set up a situation where they can go 1-2, as in after my flip, they can justify an easy faust exile. And yes, that annoyingly means I do not think faust is skum. Incorrect - yes. Skum - no.
I believe that enough to say that I think that after I flip VT, you all should not exile faust. At least 100% at least he should not be the next exile. I think that is what skum is going for.

So, I believe there are 2 skum in [Jimmm, Math, Joth, E!] and they are sitting pretty letting faust do the work for them.

I don't believe you've said much about faust this game. What makes you think he's Town? Who do you actually think the scum are, and what indicates they're doing what you say they are?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1986 on: October 12, 2021, 06:20:11 am »

Some Swowl/iguana interactions.

Ok, I see you say that you had more townreads on the Joth wagon than the Math wagon.

@Swowl Who was scummy on the Math wagon and who was towny on the Joth wagon that made you pick Joth over Math EoD1?

I have already mentioned that WCD and MiX are my TRs on the Joth wagon.
I have already mentioned that I think Jimmm is town, from the Math wagon.
I have not mentioned that I think you are moderately skummy so far this game.

Indicates iguana as moderately scummy.

Vote: faust
When you look for scum and can't find them, it's because Faust is scum.

Or gkrieg.

You're really grasping at straws, aren't you? Just trying to see who will bite and where. You're either super helpful and going to stumble on something good, or you're scum trying to mislead us. I don't like you sheeping my vote.

unvote

so you tried to see who would bite. then someone bit. and then you outted your plan and bailed.
How does that make sense?

Someone tell me how this here is the scum team.

I mean....
Vote: Iguana

We are not in lylo. E! is pretty much assured to never be lying about Iguana being skum here.

I mean my argument is thus:

If iguana is scum, then we should exile e first, because scum wants us to exile iguana.

If iguana is town, then we should exile e, because... iguana is town.

So no matter iguana's alignment it's best to exile e.

.... or you know... E is town and Iguana is skum?

Alright, Swowl. Thoughts on e and iguana?

I’m thinking. Still inclined to say iguana.

Trying to find a way in which E! as skum would fake this result, and I’m not coming up with anything

Swowl immediately and consistently believes e's claim.

I mean IFFFF E! is lying, then it ends up 2v3 two days from now in a best case scenario for skum.
Today exile II
Tonight Skum kills mason 1
Tomorrow Exile E!
That night skum kills mason 2.
That leaves [Swowl, Faust, Joth, Math, Jimmm] with 2 skum in it.
We then have to exile. And we have to be right. Then skum shoots, assuming we are still playing, and it is 1v2. final day.

OTOH if it went the other way and we were to exile E! (in this case they flipping skum) that would mean there are 3 ICs in the game (masonsX2 + E!). We exile E!, thats 8. skum would kill one of them, then we would have 2v5. Lets just say town exile that day becaues that is what they would plan for, now we are at 2v4. Then they kill another IC at night. We wake up in two days from now 2v3.
Say we find skum that day, cool cool cool. Still 2v1.

All of it ends up at the same place. Why does skum E! doe this here?

Vote: Iguana

Are you EFFING kidding?

You lay out two scenarios here and you call them equal, except they are TOTALLY NOT EQUAL!

In scenario one, we misexile iguana ---> one town exile, and now we are at LyLo suddenly.

In scenario two, you add SOME RANDOM MISEXILE into the equation such that the result is we end up in the same place!

That is not a fair assessment at all! In scenario 1, I'm the misexile. In scenario 2, even though town chose right and exiled 2.7, we end up in the same place because we effed up about some other effing thing later on! So in other words, exile correctly today and we still get another chance to eff things up later!

And I'm getting exiled because of analysis like this?

That’s fair.
I was doing a kind of worst case scenario as things unfold, but yeah tomorrow’s choice does hold a lot of weight.

But to be fair, I want to exile you because of the cop result E says he has, the analysis is kind of secondary back up info that makes me just feel better about E!

As iguana points out, that was some wonky logic. I'm not reading this interaction as scum v scum.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: October 12, 2021, 06:27:53 am »

Swowl, why didn't you give reasons for your changed EFHW read when asked?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: October 12, 2021, 07:33:48 am »

Well tbf I preferred EFHW, but I am off of that for now. I was being stupid.

@Swowl, why were you being stupid thinking EFHW was scum D1?

1. Because I was being stupid.

As far as I understand, faust's Swowl case boils down to these two quotes implying Swowl backed down from a Cop claim because of e's claim, in addition to Swowl acknowledging breadcrumbing (and therefore must have known he'd be perceived as breadcrumbing), but saying that they weren't intended as breadcrumbs.

So a question is... would scum actually do this?

So we know scum knew there were 2-3 non-Ts. If there were 2, then claiming an extra letter is perfectly safe. If 3, then claiming another would push scum to a full Strongman, so a 1-Shot Strongman flip would incriminate Swowl. So the claim is still safe if Swowl is that 1-Shot Strongman.

Hmm so actually, Swowl didn't seem to believe so. And I guess he was right. So according to Swowl and Dylan's interpretation it's impossible to get a 1-Shot Doctor and 2 1-Shot Cops without a full Doctor or Cop. Which means the claim really isn't safe and Swowl really couldn't claim 1-Shot Cop. He could still claim full Cop for ECCCMT, but that's probably prohibitively risky.

So that actually makes some sense. You could argue that scum chatted about this, assuming that a 1-Shot Cop claim was safe (which I think it should be according to the intended interpretation, and is also an easy assumption to make), but then after e's claim Swowl looked into it further and determined that it wasn't. If that's true it sucks for Swowl to be screwed over by an ambiguous interpretation issue.

So yeah okay. It's unfortunate, but it makes sense. I do think the interaction between mathdude and Swowl discussing the EE interpretation is something of a non-partner-slip.

It remains to think about whether the Town Swowl perspective makes sense.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: October 12, 2021, 09:15:59 am »

I have gone through it in a good amount of detail. Read back through my posts. I don't see 1-shot cop claiming the way he did. I'd more believe he's a full cop that lied to us about his role or he's scum. After you read back, let me know if you still have questions.

I meant with regards to iguana's flip. I don't think you've really addressed it Today; in fact early Today you listed e as your second Town read and said you wanted to believe his claim. Why would e fake a guilty result on his partner? Obviously the answer is to hopefully IC himself, but do you really think guaranteeing a scum exile is worth that? Do you now read iguana as gambiting scum as opposed to caught scum?

Beginning of day, yes, I listed e as very townie. This was in light of the iguana flip. And I said that I wanted to believe the cop claim because the day before, I didn't believe it. I posted those reads at face value, without rereading. Then when I did reread, everything e did with his claim just didn't seem right for town, so I was back to thinking he was scum.

Do I think they took a gamble? Absolutely. And it was a bold one, before either of them was under much suspicion, which makes it even more believable.

If I was scum, would I do something like that, in a setup like this (I've never played this dice-rolled setup before)? Probably. The safer option is probably to claim 1-shot cop as innocent on the godfather.

If probable setup lends to no full strongman, don't submit kill, then claim doctor to create IC for town-cred or for a bold move claim RB on your teammate for full town cred like what e may have done with cop result on iguana.

But just riding it out with all scum claiming VT doesn't seem like the play unless you've intentionally put decoy interactions out early. Scum would have the best idea of power roles at the start of the game and could plan a power move accordingly.
he/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: October 12, 2021, 09:42:56 am »

If I was scum, would I do something like that, in a setup like this (I've never played this dice-rolled setup before)? Probably.
I think this is the crux of where your approach to this game fails. The question is not whether you would do something like that as scum, the question is whether e did.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: October 12, 2021, 03:09:36 pm »

Some questions for Swowl.

What shook your confidence?

you should already know the answer to that.

Is the answer as you see it the same as the one faust gave?

no.

What answer did you have in mind here?

I am VT.

Sorry for not correcting faust earlier, but I figured if we ended up not claiming all the way I would draw a kill, so I leaned into it a bit.

Did you realise before faust's guess that you could be perceived as a breadcrumbing? Did the guess surprise you?

As weird as it seems, I think what is happening is skum is trying to set up a situation where they can go 1-2, as in after my flip, they can justify an easy faust exile. And yes, that annoyingly means I do not think faust is skum. Incorrect - yes. Skum - no.
I believe that enough to say that I think that after I flip VT, you all should not exile faust. At least 100% at least he should not be the next exile. I think that is what skum is going for.

So, I believe there are 2 skum in [Jimmm, Math, Joth, E!] and they are sitting pretty letting faust do the work for them.

I don't believe you've said much about faust this game. What makes you think he's Town? Who do you actually think the scum are, and what indicates they're doing what you say they are?

1. The answer I had in mind was he had just claimed he thought I was a cop and you and me were having a back and forth where you were finding me skummy.

2. No, I did not realize it. I don't go back and re-read myself. Yes, it surprised me. I went back and looked to what it was that I could of said that swayed him, and as he said it was EFHW on night 1, I looked at Day 1 and Day 2... and found it pretty quickly. I did not deep dive the concept too much, but it seemed like it would be best to just be quiet and hopefully draw a kill since "my result" was on EFHW, who was dead, could not cause any harm to the game state.

3a) Beginning of game I thought he was town based on the regular early game stuff; gut feel, interactions, etc. Next would be because he outted the masons and "the cop", which I don't see him doing as skum. Why in the world would I be alive right now if he thought I was a cop and he was also skum? That's kind of the big one.

3b) I am getting to the "who I think is skum bit", it will be in a separate post. But essentially I think they are doing what I said, because I don't think faust is skum and I know I am not.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: October 12, 2021, 03:45:09 pm »

If I was scum, would I do something like that, in a setup like this (I've never played this dice-rolled setup before)? Probably.
I think this is the crux of where your approach to this game fails. The question is not whether you would do something like that as scum, the question is whether e did.

Very true. I don't know if e did. But based on how he claimed, I believe he did.
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: October 12, 2021, 07:52:22 pm »

Hi friends! Sorry for the VLA, but it was a super fun trip including an awesome being with Swowl, Galzy, and DisSwan.

I’m going to download some MiX…. #890 is the post that he sees clearing e and faust. He also cleared math, largely because by #932, iguana and math can’t be partners, but went back and forth a fair bit.
We talked a lot about Joth and came up town. faust was his ride or die.

So, the end result for MiX was that Jimmmm/swowl/math was pool of likely baddies.

I’m still leaning Swowl, although his contributions today have been quality.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: October 13, 2021, 12:27:44 am »

We have 4 days until deadline, I ask for half that time (2 days) to deep dive and get thoughts out based on this.
This time has passed now, can we finally do the exile please?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: October 13, 2021, 02:04:31 am »

So that actually makes some sense. You could argue that scum chatted about this, assuming that a 1-Shot Cop claim was safe (which I think it should be according to the intended interpretation, and is also an easy assumption to make), but then after e's claim Swowl looked into it further and determined that it wasn't. If that's true it sucks for Swowl to be screwed over by an ambiguous interpretation issue.

So yeah okay. It's unfortunate, but it makes sense. I do think the interaction between mathdude and Swowl discussing the EE interpretation is something of a non-partner-slip.

Actually scratch that. Clearly the EE thing wasn't discussed in the scum thread, which means it's not a non-partner-slip. I guess it could still be the cause of the breadcrumbing thing, but it makes it less likely.

I do think Swowl has a reasonable chance of flipping scum. But I don't find faust's argument convincing. Regardless or alignment, I think it's pretty likely that Swowl didn't intend them as breadcrumbs. And now because a large percentage of people seem to just have accepted the argument and stopped any other discussion, scum have an easy out for this exile if Town, and are not incriminating themself as Swowl's partner if scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: October 13, 2021, 02:22:03 am »

I think it's pretty likely that Swowl didn't intend them as breadcrumbs.
I mean, he couldn't even answer your question:
Swowl, why didn't you give reasons for your changed EFHW read when asked?

He can't provide a town narrative for his actions, you can't provide a town narrative for his actions, I fail to see how there is any reason to not exile him.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: October 13, 2021, 02:44:46 am »

Well yeah that's a point. He did explain his change of reads.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: October 13, 2021, 02:55:44 am »

Well yeah that's a point. He did explain his change of reads.
With no reason that would justify such a strong turnaround. And why he would reread EFHW at Night anyways. Personally I think that should always be scrutinized; town doesn't usually bother to reread at Night because that effort is wasted if you're killed.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: October 13, 2021, 03:02:16 am »

I don't think that applies here. Swowl needed to catch up, and even if Town was unlikely to be the NK. And early on there were a number of people who found EFHW scummy for things like defensiveness, which weren't actually scummy. I could see Town or scum realising this on a re-read.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.