Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 176825 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1850 on: October 08, 2021, 12:40:08 am »

also also faust is a good bet either way. because if e IS town it's pretty suspicious how far faust went to sew doubt about his towniness.
I'm very confused. What is this about? And why is it suspicious anyway?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: October 08, 2021, 12:50:07 am »

Can everyone post their chum to scum list?

This seems like a good idea... yours obviously gets posted last.
I don't think it's helpful at all. People need to do some rereading, figuring out possible partner interactions. Posting a list of their biases isn't going to accomplish anything.

That said, I know who at least one scum is.

Vote: Swowl

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: October 08, 2021, 12:51:56 am »

faust - start of D3 was just way too much... seems like some hidden agenda
Can you be more precise? What agenda would I have followed there?

Also, I know this isn't going to go well with some of you, but if there is 3 ICs to choose from, why would scum!me go for the one who defended me the hardest?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: October 08, 2021, 12:54:17 am »

Town-scum

Didds/e
faust
Jimmmm
Joth
Math
Swowl
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: October 08, 2021, 01:07:02 am »

Swowl - when he's here, he posts thoughtful stuff, but mostly seems to not be around or contribute much (1 week, for 1 game day... okay. But 3 and counting could be hiding)
this is what I mean about scum to chum lists by the way. It's D3 with a scum flip and mathdude doesn't have anything better on Swowl than "he's lurking". That's not going to help us.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: October 08, 2021, 01:07:27 am »

It's D4, sorry.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1856 on: October 08, 2021, 02:58:06 am »

While we're at it, you can try to answer this: You say you reread EFHW N1 and changed your mind on her. What made you change your mind?
I just typed something out. It is not my fault you mistakenly read more into than you should. I’ll grab my efoo notes when I get to a desktop, but honestly it was just “this is town efoo I’m being dumb”

Before I get into anything new.... I did not manage to get the response to this out before days end. Here are the small things I found skummy at first that I re read differently at night with more time.

BEFORE - This is the first back and forth I read as skummy from EFHW. When I read this originally it came off as skummy. Pushing a weak case for weak reasons that really do not matter. At the time, it seemed like she was leaving the door open for something without voting which seemed off.
math, were you seriously pushing MiX, or was that more RVS?
If LL hadn't joined the vote already, I would have already moved on. But since there were 2 votes, I thought I'd see if anyone else was interested in joining too.

So maybe RVS? But
I don’t know if I believe in RVS anymore.
Ditto?

MiX wanted my response to this. I don't play this way, but I know some people do. Meaning being influenced by existing wagons in placing a vote. Maybe that's why joth just voted me. But given that math exhorted others to vote MiX, I'd say this is not a satisfactory answer. I don't see how it can be RVS since he had reasons. Not random.
AFTER - However, after finishing a my read back night 1, I realized that EFHW was actually just being herself and this was skum hunting. Trying to push the game forward.

BEFORE - At first I read this as overly defensive. Asking what people thought was skummy so they could respond to those things instead of just defending the situation in general.
Apologies to those who don't feel they were doing RVS. I was stuck in it, so getting out of it myself was the main point of what I was saying. I actually think my question to mathdude was sufficiently incisive. Why is he calling for people to join him on the wagon at the same time he is calling it RVS, maybe, he isn't sure?

I am lacking insight into which posts sound defensive. Can you point to them?
AFTER - During my read I realized that EFHW had literally contributed nothing but fluff outside of the single post (the first quote in this post) up to this question. So asking what seems defensive at isn't actually skummy - especially because of the wagon. Obviously, WCD then quotes the post in mention which is the only thing it could be, and EFHW says "I don't see it". Again, saw that as skummy at first, but really it isn't. If she were skum she would defend it, not dismiss it.

BEFORE - This just rang skum bells x 1000 at first. It read like she was trying to use ATE stuff to drive focus to something that probably held no weight:
In fact, Vote: faust. Scum or anti-Town, you don't get a free pass just because you want one.
@Jimmmmm, at what point did you start feeling angry at faust?

@faust, same question re: Jimmmmm.
AFTER - But in the re read I gave her more credit for following up with this:
If angry is too strong a word, then when did your negative feelings peak?
This made me believe that she was actually looking for answers and trying to skum hunt instead of just trying to use ATE to d

She then of course has the post where she re-votes Jimmm saying that "he could do this as skum". Which, that concept, was the primary reason I thought she was skummy. I still found it skummy. However, at night, while my end read on Jimmm was still town, I did see how it was a more valid point than I was giving it credit for.

That pretty much catches us up to my Day 1 read on EFHW. After that the things I found that led me to Town!EFHW were...

1 - Ok, makes sense.
Couldn't you had read that before? Was the question really necessary?

I didn't know either thing before I asked. I'm sorry there were more argument posts, but there weren't THAT many, and I know I gained some insight from it. What do you see as the problem?

2 - EFHW would not answer someone else's question as skum imo.
I think I have some understanding of joth's game so far now, and it's making a bit more sense. I think the "stick to a read" plan explains the vibe I (and I gather Swowl) was getting, and it sounds likely to be a premeditated (ie non-alignment-dependent) plan. I think I'm leaning slight Town, but also that he warrants further investigation on a future Day.

I would like to know why MiX said joth voting for EFHW was a scumslip - was that ever explained? Was it just because it contradicted his plan?
He explains in #555.

OK and then this is the big part of the town read. Here is the wagon at end of day when she shows up and says she will move if needed:
Jimmmmm (3): mathdude, EFHW, jotheonah
mathdude (4): 2.71828....., iguanaiguana, gkrieg13, Jimmmmm
MiX (1): LaLight
joth (4): faust, MiX, WestCoastDidds, Swowl

So she is and has been pushing Jim like allllll day.
In the next post she moves to Joth.
In the next post after that she moves to Math, and tries to rally both me and MiX to move to Math to make it happen.
Skum does not do that. That is suspicious as hell. That is town trying to make sure a lynch goes off when it should.

Those are very over explained notes on what led me to flip my decision.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: October 08, 2021, 03:26:56 am »

It's nice that your partner iguana made sure you had some more time to put this all together. It's still not convincing.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: October 08, 2021, 03:27:44 am »

After you mentioned it for the first time I went back searching for the post, and yes I can see how you thought it was a crumb, but it wasn’t intended that way.
Here you deny that you intended the EFHW posts as a crumb, but leaving a fake crumb in order to be nightkilled would be the only possible town motivation for what you did.

I would also like to reiterate on this bit - by "lean into it" I was just using the letterkenny verbiage that was being joked about previously in the game. A more well worded response should of been "I didn't deny it".
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: October 08, 2021, 03:31:39 am »

After you mentioned it for the first time I went back searching for the post, and yes I can see how you thought it was a crumb, but it wasn’t intended that way.
Here you deny that you intended the EFHW posts as a crumb, but leaving a fake crumb in order to be nightkilled would be the only possible town motivation for what you did.

I would also like to reiterate on this bit - by "lean into it" I was just using the letterkenny verbiage that was being joked about previously in the game. A more well worded response should of been "I didn't deny it".
I straight up don't understand this. You put "lean into it" into quotation but I have no idea where that is supposed to be quoted from, or what kind of point you are making.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: October 08, 2021, 03:32:01 am »

I mean, he doesn't need to kill EFHW. It helps his claim but it's not integral.

I am more convinced now that Swowl is scum than that iguana is, but it wouldn't be sensible to exile outside of e/iguana today.

So when you say this it is essentially either me and E or me and Iguana right?

ppe faust
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: October 08, 2021, 03:32:57 am »

I straight up don't understand this. You put "lean into it" into quotation but I have no idea where that is supposed to be quoted from, or what kind of point you are making.

yeah I get that and I regret doing it. It is from a Canadian comedy show named letterkenny. It mean "to keep going with it" in this context
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: October 08, 2021, 03:34:13 am »

I mean, he doesn't need to kill EFHW. It helps his claim but it's not integral.

I am more convinced now that Swowl is scum than that iguana is, but it wouldn't be sensible to exile outside of e/iguana today.

So when you say this it is essentially either me and E or me and Iguana right?

ppe faust
Yes.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: October 08, 2021, 03:34:40 am »

yeah I get that and I regret doing it. It is from a Canadian comedy show named letterkenny. It mean "to keep going with it" in this context
I still don't understand the post that you made.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: October 08, 2021, 03:43:08 am »

I still don't understand the post that you made.

I don't understand what you are not getting.
By not denying it straight out I thought I had a chance to draw a NK. Then we went to claims, and that didn't work out. I considered lying and claiming cop to draw the kill, but I was worried about the damage that my result claim may have.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: October 08, 2021, 03:46:18 am »

Exile all people who claimed to have considered lying.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: October 08, 2021, 03:50:15 am »

Exile all people who claimed to have considered lying.

Not fair - my intentions were good and I decided against them because they could a horrible outcome
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: October 08, 2021, 03:53:17 am »

You say somewhere in the previous day that "I claimed VT because I got caught when Iguana claimed".

What did you mean by that?
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: October 08, 2021, 04:07:33 am »

You say somewhere in the previous day that "I claimed VT because I got caught when Iguana claimed".

What did you mean by that?
I don't think I said that. You got caught because e claimed Cop, and then your claiming Cop as well would not have looked as good as you wanted.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: October 08, 2021, 04:10:19 am »

It's sad when you only have scum to interact with.

Anyways, I'm off to rereading iguana and Swowl I suppose. Afterwards I'm going to release The Swowl Case: Extended Cut. It will, as they say, crack this game wide open.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: October 08, 2021, 04:19:09 am »

*snip*
So where does that leave us? I think it leaves us at scum!Swowl having planned to go for a Cop fakeclaim, and then after he saw e's claim he decided he had to back out. But that only makes sense if e is town.

Vote: iguana

You said it here.
Here is the thing - Everyone had claimed by the time I had claimed. And now we know that Iguana flipped RB. So in the world where I am skum, where "I got caught", what kept me from just claiming cop after everyone had claimed VT except for the masons?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: October 08, 2021, 04:20:26 am »

It's sad when you only have scum to interact with.

Kind of want to say "tell me about it" at this point
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: October 08, 2021, 04:49:32 am »

*snip*
So where does that leave us? I think it leaves us at scum!Swowl having planned to go for a Cop fakeclaim, and then after he saw e's claim he decided he had to back out. But that only makes sense if e is town.

Vote: iguana

You said it here.
Here is the thing - Everyone had claimed by the time I had claimed. And now we know that Iguana flipped RB. So in the world where I am skum, where "I got caught", what kept me from just claiming cop after everyone had claimed VT except for the masons?
This:
The other thing is the LaLight kill N1. It has "trying to avoid the Doctor target" written all over it. However... that would only be a concern if scum doesn't have a full Strongman. That means that there are at most three non-T letters in the setup. And we already have

E - EFHW
M - MiX/Didds
E/C - Swowl

There isn't room for another Cop.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: October 08, 2021, 06:09:59 am »

Faust, what do you think is the chance, currently, that e is scum?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: October 08, 2021, 06:11:55 am »

Faust, what do you think is the chance, currently, that e is scum?
Low? If I had to give a random percentage it would be somewhere around 5%. Should Swowl flip town, that number goes up, but I very much doubt that is going to happen.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.