Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174708 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1775 on: October 04, 2021, 09:34:34 am »

It seems that noone wants to talk to me. I shall need to talk to myself then.

I'm going on another premature quest to find the missing partner for an iguana/Swowl team. This time, we are going to focus on D1. All three candidates have been wagoned on D1, so that should be a well of information.

At the end of D1, Swowl is on joth and iguana is on mathdude. So right there that seems dangerous for scum - unless the third scum is Jimmmmm. It is worth pointing out that Swowl moved to joth more recently, bringing that wagon equal to mathdude's. That would be quite the bold bus. iguana on the other hand had been chilling out on the mathdude wagon for quite some time, it could well be that this was an early bus that iguana felt they couldn't get out of. It's also worth pointing out that neither Swowl nor iguana had joined the Jimmmmm wagon, and instead iguana was hanging out on the counter-wagon on EFHW at the time.

Overall rating for the third partner from this: Jimmmmm > mathdude > joth

Now let's check out D2 voting patterns. The most interesting crossroads for D2 was this vote count:

mathdude (3): EFHW, gkrieg13, jotheonah,
jotheonah (3): Swowl, MiX, WestCoastDidds
gkrieg13 (4): faust, iguanaiguana, Jimmmmm, mathdude
WestCoastDidds (1): 2.71828.....

Now, unless joth is scum, we have 2 scums on the gkrieg wagon here. Let's examine the 3 cases separately.

joth is scum: In that case, Swowl is bussing, and the 2 other scum try to push alternate wagons on town. Sensible enough. The pressure on joth wasn't huge I feel like, they wouldn't need a concentrated push.

mathdude is scum: That means we have a wagon with no scum on mathdude, and iguana/mathdude jumping the gkrieg wagon to get a good alternative. A bit clumsy maybe, but they certainly need to prevent the mathdude exile here.

Jimmmmm is scum: This makes the least amount of sense, though not by a large margin. There would be no reason for 2 scum to jump on a lurker exile because no scum is in any danger of being exiled. They could of course still do it if they feel it fits their play, but it's nothing big.

Overall, this does little to change my D1 reads, except maybe to make Jimmmm a little less likely scum.

Unfortunately, there is no clear picture from this on who the third partner is. Guess we're going to have to get into rereads and stuff. But that can wait until at least one of my scumreads is flipped.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: October 04, 2021, 09:41:27 am »

Iguana/swowl/math works, doesn't it?

Using the referenced D2 vote count, it is no bussing, 2 on gkrieg (avoiding a mathdude exile) and one on an alternative (joth)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: October 04, 2021, 09:48:31 am »

The only town angle I could see for his play was trying to draw the nightkill, but he denied he was doing that.
I said exactly “I thought  I could draw the night kill”.
You said that about today, not D2.

Ok read this all back to me - where do i deny something?

After you mentioned it for the first time I went back searching for the post, and yes I can see how you thought it was a crumb, but it wasn’t intended that way.
Here you deny that you intended the EFHW posts as a crumb, but leaving a fake crumb in order to be nightkilled would be the only possible town motivation for what you did.

While we're at it, you can try to answer this: You say you reread EFHW N1 and changed your mind on her. What made you change your mind?

Another thing to note- scum!faust may have picked up on the whole breadcrumb thing and targeted swowl to be the NK N2 rather than EFHW. Town points for faust
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: October 04, 2021, 09:55:55 am »

The only town angle I could see for his play was trying to draw the nightkill, but he denied he was doing that.

After you mentioned it for the first time I went back searching for the post, and yes I can see how you thought it was a crumb, but it wasn’t intended that way.
Here you deny that you intended the EFHW posts as a crumb, but leaving a fake crumb in order to be nightkilled would be the only possible town motivation for what you did.

While we're at it, you can try to answer this: You say you reread EFHW N1 and changed your mind on her. What made you change your mind?

Another thing to note- scum!faust may have picked up on the whole breadcrumb thing and targeted swowl to be the NK N2 rather than EFHW. Town points for faust
Thanks I guess -  but I don't think scum!faust would have done this. The smarter play is to kill EFHW and block Swowl. Which is what I assumed happened until Swowl's claim.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: October 04, 2021, 09:58:50 am »

I need to go back and look at all of those things, but I am more interested in finishing the day off.

I say MiX and Didds get an opportunity for any final input (because one of them won't last the night), and we get the exile done.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: October 04, 2021, 09:59:04 am »

Also the only way this gives me town points at all is if you believe Swowl is town - and then I have to ask: Why?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: October 04, 2021, 10:00:14 am »

I say MiX and Didds get an opportunity for any final input (because one of them won't last the night), and we get the exile done.
But the other will and can just convey the final input that the dead Mason shared during the Night.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: October 04, 2021, 10:01:32 am »

Also the only way this gives me town points at all is if you believe Swowl is town - and then I have to ask: Why?

It gives you town points because you processed the concept that swowl breadcrumbed during the day, rather than during the night looking for a NK target.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: October 04, 2021, 10:03:22 am »

I need to go back and look at all of those things, but I am more interested in finishing the day off.

Why do you care about us? Shouldn't you wait as long as possible? You probably die if iguana flips today?

Also, I would like time to reread the game. I know I could've done this earlier, but I didn't. So unless it's somehow anti-town to wait, wait until 24 hours before deadline.

It gives you town points because you processed the concept that swowl breadcrumbed during the day, rather than during the night looking for a NK target.

Hmm? But didn't faust have this idea at night?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: October 04, 2021, 10:04:04 am »

But I was very much aware of the breadcrumb during D2 already. That's why I said this:
The people on Swowl should just move away because that's a stupid wagon.
I even used the same wording as Swowl!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: October 04, 2021, 10:05:44 am »

But I was very much aware of the breadcrumb during D2 already. That's why I said this:
The people on Swowl should just move away because that's a stupid wagon.
I even used the same wording as Swowl!

Fine, no more town points for you

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 04, 2021, 10:06:41 am »

I maintain that I should receive townpoints on account of pointing out your flawed assignment of townpoints!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 04, 2021, 10:07:48 am »

I maintain that I should receive townpoints on account of pointing out your flawed assignment of townpoints!

Townpoints for this post.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 04, 2021, 10:07:57 am »

I had an epiphany last night. I think I have solved the game. Massclaim right now is stupid and we shouldn#t do it; if you want to know who has what PR you can just read the thread.

Being in the same time zone as faust I read this as though he had the epiphany literally "last night" - i.e. this post happened at 6:45am Germany time, the light bulb switched on sometime after he quit posting the previous night, but during the day

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 04, 2021, 10:09:04 am »

I had an epiphany last night. I think I have solved the game. Massclaim right now is stupid and we shouldn#t do it; if you want to know who has what PR you can just read the thread.

Being in the same time zone as faust I read this as though he had the epiphany literally "last night" - i.e. this post happened at 6:45am Germany time, the light bulb switched on sometime after he quit posting the previous night, but during the day
That's correct; the epiphany was about MiX and Didds being Masons.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 04, 2021, 02:43:56 pm »

I mean IFFFF E! is lying, then it ends up 2v3 two days from now in a best case scenario for skum.
Today exile II
Tonight Skum kills mason 1
Tomorrow Exile E!
That night skum kills mason 2.
That leaves [Swowl, Faust, Joth, Math, Jimmm] with 2 skum in it.
We then have to exile. And we have to be right. Then skum shoots, assuming we are still playing, and it is 1v2. final day.

OTOH if it went the other way and we were to exile E! (in this case they flipping skum) that would mean there are 3 ICs in the game (masonsX2 + E!). We exile E!, thats 8. skum would kill one of them, then we would have 2v5. Lets just say town exile that day becaues that is what they would plan for, now we are at 2v4. Then they kill another IC at night. We wake up in two days from now 2v3.
Say we find skum that day, cool cool cool. Still 2v1.

All of it ends up at the same place. Why does skum E! doe this here?

Vote: Iguana

Are you EFFING kidding?

You lay out two scenarios here and you call them equal, except they are TOTALLY NOT EQUAL!

In scenario one, we misexile iguana ---> one town exile, and now we are at LyLo suddenly.

In scenario two, you add SOME RANDOM MISEXILE into the equation such that the result is we end up in the same place!

That is not a fair assessment at all! In scenario 1, I'm the misexile. In scenario 2, even though town chose right and exiled 2.7, we end up in the same place because we effed up about some other effing thing later on! So in other words, exile correctly today and we still get another chance to eff things up later!

And I'm getting exiled because of analysis like this?

That’s fair.
I was doing a kind of worst case scenario as things unfold, but yeah tomorrow’s choice does hold a lot of weight.

But to be fair, I want to exile you because of the cop result E says he has, the analysis is kind of secondary back up info that makes me just feel better about E!
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 04, 2021, 02:52:09 pm »

I just typed something out. It is not my fault you mistakenly read more into than you should. I’ll grab my efoo notes when I get to a desktop, but honestly it was just “this is town efoo I’m being dumb”
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 04, 2021, 04:10:13 pm »

Actually rereading now.

Just going to say it's funny that e's vote is parked on iguana for most of D1.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1793 on: October 04, 2021, 04:15:19 pm »

For all the discussion of us not being RVS, the weekend start we've had feels very RVSy even for a normal game.

Mathdude's comments here

You don't like tryhard, but saltiness is okay?
Vote: iguana
Let's try a better wagon here?

remind me a bit of when he OMGUSed me in the last game here.

It has that same attitude of scumreading someone for reading the game differently than you. He was town there, so for right now I'm reading it as Math is town again and would want to blend in more if he was scum.

Joth and Jimmm are my biggest unknowns this game.

I vaguely remember Jim as someone who played occasionally, didn't post much, but had a reputation for being good at finding the scums with short, decisive posts. I don't remember if I've ever read a scum Jim game though...

Joth I've seen as mod and I did some reading into his old games already, but I don't know his scum meta either.

@Joth, could you point me in the direction of a scum game you are proud of?

Big "lol iguana and math are partners" post. Very big. Extremely important. Take note of this if iguana flips scum.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: October 04, 2021, 04:17:21 pm »

I’m trying something new. Which in itself should probably suggest town for reasons I’m not going to spell out.

New things are fun, let's not exile you D1

This, and posts like it which exist in all of D1, looks a lot like buddying. I would be extremely surprised if e was partners with joth.

Yes, I will keep making a bunch of posts quoting a single post in a row.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 04, 2021, 04:19:20 pm »

Let’s

Vote: mathdude

Dude seems a little too eager to have wagons.
And that's scummy why?

Town wants to exile scum. Scum just wants to exile.
But what does that have to do with wanting wagons? Having wagons is the best way of catching scum.

Yes, I'm eager to get wagons. It's better to actually get people closer to X-1 or X-2 and see throughout the 5 or 7 days how people react, rather than having everyone at 1 or 2 votes until the final 6 hours when only the few online get a say in who gets exiled. If we get real wagons on many people throughout D1, then there's a lot more to look back at in later days. That's how we could find scum.

So I guess I agree with faust... hmmm, that makes me nervous. Oh well, it's D1. I can change my mind about him later if needed

Lol!scum!math. This feels like a scumslip. Obviously it's assuming faust is town, but cmon.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 04, 2021, 04:27:41 pm »

Reading iguana's D1, it's clear he's not partnered with faust. He's fighting him way too much way too early.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 04, 2021, 04:30:30 pm »

If iguana defends his partners easily, then the scum team's iguana/math/Jimmmmm. And I don't have a reason not to think this is the team yet.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 04, 2021, 04:34:37 pm »

Reading iguana's D1, it's clear he's not partnered with faust. He's fighting him way too much way too early.

surely that could be staged
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 04, 2021, 04:46:16 pm »

surely that could be staged

Why? There's no reason to do that.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 20 queries.