Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174361 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1750 on: October 03, 2021, 08:27:45 pm »

I've said multiple times that I think it's almost too convenient that everything lines up for if e is lying scum. I think that's the answer, and since that will no longer put him at X-1, I will
Vote: e

Wait, it's too convenient that e is lying scum, therefore he's lying scum?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 03, 2021, 08:27:45 pm »

Good morning friends!

So, we’ve heard from everyone now. There isn’t any tension with e’s claim that I see. I’m going to wait to vote until faust and whomever else have had time to reread, but I don’t have any reason to disbelieve e so I plan to vote for iguana.

Iguana, I wanted to say this now, if you’re scum, you have played really well in my opinion. Your posts defending yourself are well articulated and the frustration seems authentic. The fact that there is this much doubt speaks to how well you’ve played.

Can you at least interact with what I've been saying instead of just basically ignoring it while saying that you're mind hasn't changed?

No tension with e's claim? What about the fact that putting out a fake guilty gives 1 scum total clearance to vote a town, and allows the other two scum to hedge and act like they are evaluating a 50/50 and decide which side to vote based on how many or how few townies are supporting the exile? With full scum support for exiling me, they only needed to convince 2 townies to get an exile through and bring us to LyLo.

No tension? What about the fact that if they get my misexile through, scum is in an automatically great spot where they only need one more misexile to win the game? Sure, they lose 2.7, but what they gain is double LyLo, which is a great spot for scum to be in and only requires them to misexile a single townie.

What about everything I argued about how 2.7 has been playing scummy this game that you ignored and have not engaged with? What about the fact that he pushed you and MiX right up to the moment that he found out you were masons? What about your prior town read on me? Does that mean nothing to you? Are you willing to abandon all your prior reads now because you think that 2.7 claimed in a townie way?

Can you at least answer some of this? Because if you don't, when this is over and we're both in the speccy watching a likely scum bloodbath I am not really going to want to talk to you because you just exiled me on a single data point and didn't even engage with me about it.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 03, 2021, 08:28:00 pm »

Whoa simultaneous posts.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 03, 2021, 08:31:37 pm »

I mean IFFFF E! is lying, then it ends up 2v3 two days from now in a best case scenario for skum.
Today exile II
Tonight Skum kills mason 1
Tomorrow Exile E!
That night skum kills mason 2.
That leaves [Swowl, Faust, Joth, Math, Jimmm] with 2 skum in it.
We then have to exile. And we have to be right. Then skum shoots, assuming we are still playing, and it is 1v2. final day.

OTOH if it went the other way and we were to exile E! (in this case they flipping skum) that would mean there are 3 ICs in the game (masonsX2 + E!). We exile E!, thats 8. skum would kill one of them, then we would have 2v5. Lets just say town exile that day becaues that is what they would plan for, now we are at 2v4. Then they kill another IC at night. We wake up in two days from now 2v3.
Say we find skum that day, cool cool cool. Still 2v1.

All of it ends up at the same place. Why does skum E! doe this here?

Vote: Iguana

Are you EFFING kidding?

You lay out two scenarios here and you call them equal, except they are TOTALLY NOT EQUAL!

In scenario one, we misexile iguana ---> one town exile, and now we are at LyLo suddenly.

In scenario two, you add SOME RANDOM MISEXILE into the equation such that the result is we end up in the same place!

That is not a fair assessment at all! In scenario 1, I'm the misexile. In scenario 2, even though town chose right and exiled 2.7, we end up in the same place because we effed up about some other effing thing later on! So in other words, exile correctly today and we still get another chance to eff things up later!

And I'm getting exiled because of analysis like this?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 03, 2021, 08:35:44 pm »

It seems that the tides are turning against me. I will try to respond to everyone individually later today but for now maybe consider this?

Is it possible you are all underestimating the bravado of the guy who says he underestimates the danger he's in? And just how good of a position scum is in after they misexile me?

Given that all my allies seem to be abandoning me, doesn't it seem likely that the one without allies is also the one without partners?

If your partners are good it doesn’t really behoove them to defend you here. I would not expect cop-caught scum to have partners defending. And if they did, they’d be doing it the way faust is, by throwing suspicion on the cop.

I just don't think this is true. There are enough people having a hard time with this decision that we can now say some townies are having a hard time with this decision. So e's partners just need to pretend like they are figuring it out and they can vote however they like. Hence, early on people voted 2.7, and now lo and behold people have changed their minds and it's actually Iguana they think is scum.

I would be looking for scum in the one guy who has been voting me this whole time and one other person who is trying to make a big show about changing their mind.

Good luck getting it right without me, I guess.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: October 03, 2021, 08:38:34 pm »

Maybe faust and iguana are partners?

That’s the scenario where planting the idea of scum investigating scum really pays off for him, because he’s introduced real doubt about which one of them to exile and created a situation where even if we exile iguana and he’s scum, e! isn’t an IC. That’s a pretty great beat case scenario for scum with a caught partner, especially when you know there are two other ICs already that it’s too late to do anything about.

-.-

faust is not my partner. I don't have partners. You townread me, until it mattered it seems.

For the record, your idea is dumb. This is not how faust and I play together as scum at all. I literally linked to a game like that and we are always at each other's throats the whole game.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: October 03, 2021, 08:41:51 pm »

Or at least I'm at his throat and he is acting like he's got the worst scum partner in the world.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: October 03, 2021, 08:50:15 pm »

I know I sound aggravated, but from the position I'm in, things just look silly and absurd.

Faust is voting me because he think I have to be scum with Swowl and he's dead confident that Swowl had intended to make a breadcrumb.

Joth is voting me because he thinks that faust is scum, and therefore faust has to be my partner.

^----- both of these guys seem to be more confident in their scum reads on the other person, but nevertheless their mutually exclusive ideas have led them on to me.

Swowl is voting me because of a logical analysis with a giant logical fallacy in it.

and WCD is planning to vote me because 2.7 seems towny, even though she didn't think that before the claim, and doesn't seem to want to engage with me about why it's a scum claim from a scum player.

So that puts me on the cusp of exile, and unless there's 2 scum in Swowl, Joth, Faust, the people who get to decide likely have a scum among them.

We're screwed.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: October 03, 2021, 08:51:22 pm »

Oh, I forgot about e. e gets a vote.

That means I'm a dead man walking.

Whatever, I'm done then. GG scum.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: October 03, 2021, 08:59:44 pm »

Good morning friends!

So, we’ve heard from everyone now. There isn’t any tension with e’s claim that I see. I’m going to wait to vote until faust and whomever else have had time to reread, but I don’t have any reason to disbelieve e so I plan to vote for iguana.

Iguana, I wanted to say this now, if you’re scum, you have played really well in my opinion. Your posts defending yourself are well articulated and the frustration seems authentic. The fact that there is this much doubt speaks to how well you’ve played.

Can you at least interact with what I've been saying instead of just basically ignoring it while saying that you're mind hasn't changed?

No tension with e's claim? What about the fact that putting out a fake guilty gives 1 scum total clearance to vote a town, and allows the other two scum to hedge and act like they are evaluating a 50/50 and decide which side to vote based on how many or how few townies are supporting the exile? With full scum support for exiling me, they only needed to convince 2 townies to get an exile through and bring us to LyLo.

No tension? What about the fact that if they get my misexile through, scum is in an automatically great spot where they only need one more misexile to win the game? Sure, they lose 2.7, but what they gain is double LyLo, which is a great spot for scum to be in and only requires them to misexile a single townie.

What about everything I argued about how 2.7 has been playing scummy this game that you ignored and have not engaged with? What about the fact that he pushed you and MiX right up to the moment that he found out you were masons? What about your prior town read on me? Does that mean nothing to you? Are you willing to abandon all your prior reads now because you think that 2.7 claimed in a townie way?

Can you at least answer some of this? Because if you don't, when this is over and we're both in the speccy watching a likely scum bloodbath I am not really going to want to talk to you because you just exiled me on a single data point and didn't even engage with me about it.

By no tension I meant no sort of counter claim.

My reads are terrible, so I try not to trust those. I see you standing close to me at se real points in the game, which is a way of making me feel warm toward you, which has worked but is also a known problem for me.

So, I’m not evaluating you as much as I’m evaluating e which is why you think I’m not interacting with you. I mean, I guess it is in fact a lack of interaction, but it’s not an active ignoring or an attempt to dismiss you.

If I think e is a cop and the result on you is imposter, then it doesn’t matter what I think of you or the arguments you’ve made. Saying that e has acted scummy is asking me to read him, which goes back to my reads are terrible. That he was scum reading MiX and I was a position shared by a lot of folks including gkrieg and EFHW.

Right now I am much more interested in what everyone other than you and e are saying. I expect that scum will line up in one way or another.

But it’s the weekend and I’ve been family centered (our kid turned 13 yesterday! WTF?!!) so I haven’t read closely, but also I’m also not voting.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: October 03, 2021, 09:02:57 pm »

Oh, I forgot about e. e gets a vote.

That means I'm a dead man walking.

Whatever, I'm done then. GG scum.

He’s already voting for you.

iguanaiguana (3): 2.71828....., Swowl, faust
2.71828..... (3): jotheonah, iguanaiguana, math
Not Voting (3): MiX, Jimmmmm, WestCoastDidds

Hmmmm…. That’s based on Dylan’s latest VC. Joth is that right? I thought you were y currently voting.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: October 03, 2021, 09:42:10 pm »

The vote count is wrong

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: October 03, 2021, 09:51:20 pm »

I expressed an intent to vote. I haven't done so yet.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: October 03, 2021, 09:51:59 pm »

I had voted for e but I unvoted.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: October 03, 2021, 09:53:24 pm »

If Joth isn't currently voting, then Dylan’s VC is wrong

Dylan, would please do anyone vote count?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: October 03, 2021, 10:06:33 pm »

If Joth isn't currently voting, then Dylan’s VC is wrong

Dylan, would please do anyone vote count?

Fixed the last count and added a footnote to indicate the change. ctrl+f fail.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: October 03, 2021, 10:07:21 pm »

Don't mod tired folks.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: October 03, 2021, 10:23:36 pm »

I've said multiple times that I think it's almost too convenient that everything lines up for if e is lying scum. I think that's the answer, and since that will no longer put him at X-1, I will

I mean it's too convenient that there's not a single angle that incriminates him. It's like it was fully worked out at night that this move had no chance of failing.  It's a perfectly timed power play to get to triple (but really double) lylo.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: October 03, 2021, 10:33:00 pm »

By no tension I meant no sort of counter claim.

Read my posts. If e is scum, the claim he made basically guarantees there could be no counter-claim.
he/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: October 03, 2021, 10:42:23 pm »

I mean it's too convenient that there's not a single angle that incriminates him. It's like it was fully worked out at night that this move had no chance of failing.  It's a perfectly timed power play to get to triple (but really double) lylo.

What would be the angles which would incriminate him if he was Town? Such a play clearly does have chances of failing; we could exile e. What if iguana was a PR? What if another Cop had an innocent result on iguana? Why would scum out one of their own for a likely double lylo when they could have gone for an actual triple lylo?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: October 04, 2021, 12:43:17 am »

The only town angle I could see for his play was trying to draw the nightkill, but he denied he was doing that.
I said exactly “I thought  I could draw the night kill”.
You said that about today, not D2.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: October 04, 2021, 01:19:02 am »

What would be the angles which would incriminate him if he was Town? Such a play clearly does have chances of failing; we could exile e. What if iguana was a PR? What if another Cop had an innocent result on iguana? Why would scum out one of their own for a likely double lylo when they could have gone for an actual triple lylo?

If e is town, there's nothing to incriminate him of course. But still, why not use the 1-shot N1? Even if to get effectively an IC... masons weren't known at that time. And getting a result N2 of scum, especially as a 1-shot, is a pretty obvious town move to claim in your opening post. He strung it along to see which way it would go, before settling on the claim of 1-shot. Those are not town plays.

And yes, you're right, things could have gone wrong. Maybe we were close to one of his partners, and he's a more disposable goon, so it was determined to be worth it.

We may exile e today. I think we should. But if a cop claims a scum result, isn't the obvious move to kill the "found scum" first? Then if that's wrong, we exile the false claiming cop. If that's the assumed route, putting his team to double lylo is a move worth making.

Another cop having innocent on iguana was likely the biggest danger. But which cop would investigate him? It makes more sense to figure out why someone avoided an exile... me, joth, even you Jimmmmm. Those make sense as an investigation. Iguana made sense as a fairly safe claimed investigation. Just interesting enough to have a reason to claim it, but not interesting enough that a real cop would investigate him.
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: October 04, 2021, 01:59:53 am »

The only town angle I could see for his play was trying to draw the nightkill, but he denied he was doing that.

Ok read this all back to me - where do i deny something?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: October 04, 2021, 02:11:03 am »

And getting a result N2 of scum, especially as a 1-shot, is a pretty obvious town move to claim in your opening post. He strung it along to see which way it would go, before settling on the claim of 1-shot. Those are not town plays.

As someone who's done it fairly successfully, I'm not against waiting until later in the Day to claim your result (although admittedly here if e is Town, hindsight might suggest he should have just come out with it). He was seeing which way what would go? What are you saying prompted him to claim as he did?

And yes, you're right, things could have gone wrong. Maybe we were close to one of his partners, and he's a more disposable goon, so it was determined to be worth it.

Before Today I would have had no idea who the next exile would be, and given the difficulty we've had settling on an exile, I'm not sure anyone could have predicted it with any certainty. The whole math/joth thing is probably still floating around, but there's certainly no guarantees one of them would have been next.

We may exile e today. I think we should. But if a cop claims a scum result, isn't the obvious move to kill the "found scum" first? Then if that's wrong, we exile the false claiming cop. If that's the assumed route, putting his team to double lylo is a move worth making.

You may be right about this. Still, confirming yourself as scum to a Townie is always a big risk I think.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: October 04, 2021, 02:22:10 am »

Ok read this all back to me - where do i deny something?

After you mentioned it for the first time I went back searching for the post, and yes I can see how you thought it was a crumb, but it wasn’t intended that way.
Here you deny that you intended the EFHW posts as a crumb, but leaving a fake crumb in order to be nightkilled would be the only possible town motivation for what you did.

While we're at it, you can try to answer this: You say you reread EFHW N1 and changed your mind on her. What made you change your mind?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.