Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 176898 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1600 on: September 30, 2021, 10:09:51 pm »

I mean....
Vote: Iguana

We are not in lylo. E! is pretty much assured to never be lying about Iguana being skum here.
Yes but iguana is the exile that scum wants us to do, probably because he's the least important role in their operation.

faust has had quite the takes on this whole situation.  Maybe I'm being swayed by him a bit, reading the D3 posts knowing what has all been said already.  Now we get into his theory (I believe it was fleeting, and not still believed?) that it's an e/iguana both scum gambit.  I think this is pushing it much more towards the "not likely" side though.  Why not play today to push to lylo, rather than sacrifice one of your team for the towncred and long game?
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: September 30, 2021, 10:20:31 pm »

Well, that's all my time on the computer tonight.  I got to the end of page 60, and will see if I can mobile post a few more thoughts for following pages later this evening.  Otherwise, I'll be back in the morning to finish catching up with my thoughts and reread.
he/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: October 01, 2021, 02:17:40 am »

This is a fun exercise to see who believes me and who doesn't.

I don't see this being a comment town makes right after admitting they initially claimed cop and then just changed their claim to 1-shot cop.

I was a bit too stream of conscious there wasn't i
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 01, 2021, 02:20:17 am »

Welcome back Ahab. Glad you're having fun hunting down the great green iguana.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: October 01, 2021, 02:25:37 am »

One thing about all my play today.

If you think I am scum, then you assume I talked with my partners about a claim. As a logical conclusion to that, we decided that I was going to claim 1-shot cop with a scum result on iguana.

I then went rogue and claimed full cop and then quickly back tracked to 1 shot.

Except... If I did allegedly discuss 1-shot vs full on my alleged scum QT, you can bet I would have been talked off the ledge and done the "safe" claim.

The only way I play my cousin this poorly is in the moment, figure it out as I go. Which, after receiving my result moments before the start of day is exactly what I did
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: October 01, 2021, 02:28:20 am »

Welcome back Ahab. Glad you're having fun hunting down the great green iguana.

He is a tricky one.

What I had to do was catch him unawares, baking in the sun. You see, reptiles are cold blooded, they can't hide under a rock forever.

Then BAM!

trap was sprung

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 01, 2021, 02:28:58 am »

No, if you are town you claim your role and your result. If you are scum, you have to make something up and that is where there is room for error.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 01, 2021, 02:30:42 am »

Also I know we're being figurative here but you basically just claimed scum again.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 01, 2021, 02:32:07 am »

One thing about all my play today.

If you think I am scum, then you assume I talked with my partners about a claim. As a logical conclusion to that, we decided that I was going to claim 1-shot cop with a scum result on iguana.

I then went rogue and claimed full cop and then quickly back tracked to 1 shot.

Except... If I did allegedly discuss 1-shot vs full on my alleged scum QT, you can bet I would have been talked off the ledge and done the "safe" claim.

The only way I play my cousin claim this poorly is in the moment, figure it out as I go. Which, after receiving my result moments before the start of day is exactly what I did

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 01, 2021, 02:32:30 am »

No, if you are town you claim your role and your result. If you are scum, you have to make something up and that is where there is room for error.

That is completely not true

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 01, 2021, 02:38:04 am »

Why on earth do you lie as town in a semi open setup where your claim has bearing on how likely everyone else's claims are and vice versa? Lying about being cop as town has the potential to create, EG, a counterclaim from the actual cop in a CCC situation or just produce so many letters that it's a 1% chance to occur situation. So at best you are making people believe your lie but then they exile another town PR by mistake.

But if you are scum, that's a good outcome to get that counterclaim, so faking full cop is a fine play.

This is not a setup where town lies about their role because they're all related.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 01, 2021, 02:40:01 am »

Why on earth do you lie as town in a semi open setup where your claim has bearing on how likely everyone else's claims are and vice versa? Lying about being cop as town has the potential to create, EG, a counterclaim from the actual cop in a CCC situation or just produce so many letters that it's a 1% chance to occur situation. So at best you are making people believe your lie but then they exile another town PR by mistake.

But if you are scum, that's a good outcome to get that counterclaim, so faking full cop is a fine play.

This is not a setup where town lies about their role because they're all related.

I never lied about my role

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 01, 2021, 02:43:36 am »

On a different note, I don't think we need anyone to claim because we have caught scum for today

I am a cop
I investigated Iguana last night
iguana is an imposter.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 01, 2021, 02:45:34 am »

Would I do it differently in the future? Sure.

Did it sound good in my head at the time. Yup.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 01, 2021, 02:46:07 am »

On a different note, I don't think we need anyone to claim because we have caught scum for today

I am a cop
iguana is an imposter.

Is a 1-shot cop a cop?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: October 01, 2021, 02:46:16 am »

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Hopefully we move forward with this in some meaningful way tomorrow. I'm ready for anything at this point and I'm not letting Ahab get a free scum double LyLo out of a bogus fake claim.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 01, 2021, 02:47:12 am »

I am a cop
iguana is an imposter.

Is a 1-shot cop a cop?

Lol ridiculous. They are two different roles next to each other in the setup description. Ok now I'm really going to bed.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 01, 2021, 02:47:35 am »

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Hopefully we move forward with this in some meaningful way tomorrow. I'm ready for anything at this point and I'm not letting Ahab get a free scum double LyLo out of a bogus fake claim.

It's only double lylo because iguana knows he is a guaranteed exile tomorrow after my flip if I do get exiled today

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 01, 2021, 03:21:18 am »

FYI still sorting through everything that's happened Today.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 01, 2021, 08:13:35 am »

Happy October, everyone! It’s the season of candy corn pumpkins!! We need ADK’s stabby kitten avatar to ring in the season!

I’m catching up, but would like to hear some from others (Swowl, Jimmm, MiX).
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: October 01, 2021, 08:19:42 am »

Happy October, everyone! It’s the season of candy corn pumpkins!! We need ADK’s stabby kitten avatar to ring in the season!

Remind me I’ll post a picture of my Jack-o-lantern tonight when I light the candle.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 01, 2021, 08:24:07 am »

I'm waiting for the massclaim to end.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 01, 2021, 09:03:42 am »

I'm waiting for the massclaim to end.

This is a valid question. There was a lot of hesitation or resistance to massclaim. Then e jumped the order and faust called out masons.

Are we finishing the classroom to try and sort out e vs iguana? Or do we deal with that today and likely finish massclaim tomorrow? At this point, I'd be okay going either way.

I believe I'm next in line. So if 2 or 3 more people say go ahead and there's no resistance, I'll continue the claims. But if there is still hesitation, then we should probably wait.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 01, 2021, 09:39:09 am »

Yes but not enough to do a mad sacrifice play while they’re currently bowligg by a perfect game…. Cmon faust.
What do you think is going on?

Either e is a cop and iguana is scum or e is scum and iguana is town. Scum might be scared enough to take the 1v1 here.

Hmm, the more I think about it, we really would never exile e if we went for iguana now and he flipped scum. But I also know that if we went for e and he flipped scum.

What if this is the world’s greatest Xenatos gambit and faust, e, and iguana are all scum? And it’s like in those heist movies where you think the thieves are caught but then the cop who has caught them is just another thief?

I guess this is a long way of saying I like what you’re saying but I don’t trust you.

Is this a stunt faust, e, and iguana might pull?  I could definitely see faust trying something like this... I'm not sure I know iguana or e well enough to say about them.  It does seem bold, but it could definitely lock in the long game.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 01, 2021, 09:50:58 am »

The other thing is the LaLight kill N1. It has "trying to avoid the Doctor target" written all over it. However... that would only be a concern if scum doesn't have a full Strongman. That means that there are at most three non-T letters in the setup. And we already have

E - EFHW
M - MiX/Didds
E/C - Swowl

There isn't room for another Cop.

Are you still on this set of beliefs for setup?  Is it possible that e is a cop and there are less T's than expected?  Might the scum have a strongman and they went after LL for a different reason?  Or is this what you would have us believe?
he/him
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.