Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174266 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1225 on: September 27, 2021, 12:25:34 pm »

vote: faust

Hmmm

2.5 hours to go and gkrieg is acting like wants to be exiled.

At least, not joining a viable alternative
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 27, 2021, 12:35:25 pm »

I am starting to become worried about Joth. MiX has mentioned scumslips from Joth and this one was brought up:

I think all three scum are active and they’re just, idk, good at the game.

I really think Swowl is likely to be scum. But in the name of consolidation I’m moving to vote: mathdude who I at least think is more likely to be scum than gkrieg.

I would also switch to faust if that got viable. He’s being intentionally obtuse about this gkrieg/Swowl thing in a way that I don’t think town!faust does unless he knows something.

As for the TvT thing I think I just got swept up in a shorthand everyone else was using without really thinking about it. It was somewhat unclear I’ll admit.

So if I'm parsing MiX right, this is a scumslip because Joth says in (in one frame of mind) "all three scum are active and good at the game" -- He's telling a truth here at least about himself. He's proud of his high activity scum play, which is markedly different from many (but not all) of his scum games and considers that he's playing this game well so far.

Then he slips back into his deception mode, and considers what his fake scumreads should be. He lands on Swowl, who he feels others think should be scummy. And doesn't notice that he's made a contradiction in that he just said "all three scum are active" and switched to calling his top scumread, who has not been at all active.

So if that is actually a scumslip, it's sort of a convoluted one? But it's one that I can at least understand, which is more than I can say about many scumslip arguments.

Considering that Joth may be scum is one of the things that makes me feel good about a gkrieg exile today because I do think they could be partners. In that, if Joth is scum, his partners would have been much more likely to be on the math wagon yesterday. And we would also be looking for someone who continued to push Math over Joth the following day. And gkrieg is the main person who fits that description.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 27, 2021, 12:48:28 pm »

Finally at a computer and able to look at the game carefully. It looks like gkrieg is about to be hammered?

Ugh, I just posted something long in relation to this post and then closed the window... stupid PPEs.

Anyway, it is easy for someone to change their reads. Everyone posts townie and scummy things, so you just cherrypick one of their posts and say it has changed your reads. Especially when there haven't been many flips.

At that point, math still hadn't done anything that screamed town to me, and a vote on someone is better than no vote.

Okay, so I see here you actually did respond to my read of you, actually you did twice now because I called you out for not doing that. But to me, the issue is--yes it's easy to fake changing your reads, but also it's even easier to fake keeping your reads the same when you don't even give reasons for any of those reads. And that was your D2 up to the point that you got pressure on you.

It's absurd for you in a way to be arguing that all of the cases against you are so flimsy. The cases on you are based on very little because you said very little until you had four votes on you. But that in itself is scummy.

My read on EFHW has changed. You are taking only my read on mathdude as not changing.

What do you think about any of my recent posts? Do they not matter?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 27, 2021, 12:49:35 pm »

Considering that Joth may be scum is one of the things that makes me feel good about a gkrieg exile today because I do think they could be partners. In that, if Joth is scum, his partners would have been much more likely to be on the math wagon yesterday. And we would also be looking for someone who continued to push Math over Joth the following day. And gkrieg is the main person who fits that description.

Exiling someone because you think another non-flipped person is scummy is also not a great reason.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 27, 2021, 12:51:59 pm »

I'm not willing to vote gkrieg. And I think his wagon is scummy.

I'm really surprised there was no response from mathdude about my comments on his wall post.

I don't like my options here. I know we're all about consolidating, but if math isn't going to be an option then I'm leaning toward faust or Didds or MiX or Jimmmmm.

Reply to wall post... sort of.

I didn't think there was much there to respond to... the only main issue you seemed to have was that I skipped stuff and you thought I skipped the good stuff. There was a lot of posts I was quoting and responding to doing the reread. I had to pick some to skip. I kept the ones that stood out to me as I skimmed through. Even 1 or 2 of the long ones, I snipped, yes. I admit (and admitted at the time), I don't/didn't have a closed, condemning case. I was just providing my thoughts as I reread. Of course we would see the importance of some statements differ. That's part of the game.

My point was that you took a post with helpful content, snipped that content, and then presented what was left as an example of an unhelpful post.

And Math's point is that he found me wordy (true) and snipped out half of my post because he felt it was repetitive. If you look back on his comments, he wasn't cutting out a portion of my case so as to make it look like a weaker case. He was highlighting a portion of my reread of Joth because he wanted to highlight that I was townreading Joth and that we could be buddies.

To me, it makes sense that Math would have been suspicious of me because 1) I pushed his wagon all of D1 and 2) I pushed against Joth's wagon D1. Joth was the main D1 alternative wagon to him, so people who both rejected that wagon and pushed his wagon are going to look scummy to him.

So yeah at first when I looked at what you called the snipping distortion that you pointed out, I thought it looked bad. But actually... He never said I didn't give reasons. He accused me of buddying Joth. And if buddying Joth was what he was seeing, there was evidence for that both in the part he snipped and the part he left.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: September 27, 2021, 12:53:50 pm »

Finally at a computer and able to look at the game carefully. It looks like gkrieg is about to be hammered?

Ugh, I just posted something long in relation to this post and then closed the window... stupid PPEs.

Anyway, it is easy for someone to change their reads. Everyone posts townie and scummy things, so you just cherrypick one of their posts and say it has changed your reads. Especially when there haven't been many flips.

At that point, math still hadn't done anything that screamed town to me, and a vote on someone is better than no vote.

Okay, so I see here you actually did respond to my read of you, actually you did twice now because I called you out for not doing that. But to me, the issue is--yes it's easy to fake changing your reads, but also it's even easier to fake keeping your reads the same when you don't even give reasons for any of those reads. And that was your D2 up to the point that you got pressure on you.

It's absurd for you in a way to be arguing that all of the cases against you are so flimsy. The cases on you are based on very little because you said very little until you had four votes on you. But that in itself is scummy.

My read on EFHW has changed. You are taking only my read on mathdude as not changing.

I think they matter less unfortunately because they were written under pressure and I think you can create something convincing under pressure when necessary. I also didn't see anything in there that surprised me or caused me to re-assess my opinion on how you are seeing things this game.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 27, 2021, 12:55:06 pm »

Exiling someone because you think another non-flipped person is scummy is also not a great reason.

That is a minor point about you. I thought you were scummy when I was closer to null on Joth as well.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 27, 2021, 12:55:24 pm »

I think they matter less unfortunately because they were written under pressure and I think you can create something convincing under pressure when necessary. I also didn't see anything in there that surprised me or caused me to re-assess my opinion on how you are seeing things this game.

So next time I'm not engaged in a game and have a wagon on me, I just shouldn't try to post anything because it has no chance of changing people's minds because it was written under pressure?

Cool. What a colossal waste of my time.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 27, 2021, 12:56:27 pm »

-snip-

My read on EFHW has changed.  -snip-

You've mentioned this several times, but where in the thread, before you were at X-1, can we even see that? Mostly what I've seen is that you defended EFHW and EFHW defended you.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 27, 2021, 12:57:24 pm »

So next time I'm not engaged in a game and have a wagon on me, I just shouldn't try to post anything because it has no chance of changing people's minds because it was written under pressure?

Cool. What a colossal waste of my time.

No, maybe next time don't lurk until you're at X-1 though?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 27, 2021, 12:57:53 pm »

Howdy hey… we have two hours?

Are we still thinking gkrieg? Iguana, it looks like you’re rethinking?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 27, 2021, 12:58:02 pm »

Didds, please do the honors.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 27, 2021, 12:58:29 pm »

Next time I will just not come back into the thread to engage.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 27, 2021, 12:59:07 pm »

I am starting to become worried about Joth. MiX has mentioned scumslips from Joth and this one was brought up:

I think all three scum are active and they’re just, idk, good at the game.

I really think Swowl is likely to be scum. But in the name of consolidation I’m moving to vote: mathdude who I at least think is more likely to be scum than gkrieg.

I would also switch to faust if that got viable. He’s being intentionally obtuse about this gkrieg/Swowl thing in a way that I don’t think town!faust does unless he knows something.

As for the TvT thing I think I just got swept up in a shorthand everyone else was using without really thinking about it. It was somewhat unclear I’ll admit.

So if I'm parsing MiX right, this is a scumslip because Joth says in (in one frame of mind) "all three scum are active and good at the game" -- He's telling a truth here at least about himself. He's proud of his high activity scum play, which is markedly different from many (but not all) of his scum games and considers that he's playing this game well so far.

Then he slips back into his deception mode, and considers what his fake scumreads should be. He lands on Swowl, who he feels others think should be scummy. And doesn't notice that he's made a contradiction in that he just said "all three scum are active" and switched to calling his top scumread, who has not been at all active.

So if that is actually a scumslip, it's sort of a convoluted one? But it's one that I can at least understand, which is more than I can say about many scumslip arguments.

But Swowl has been active day 2.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 27, 2021, 12:59:20 pm »

MIX, what’s you’re thinking?

PPE: some
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 27, 2021, 01:00:54 pm »

yeah I'm sorry I think my defense of you may have done more harm than good. to both of us.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 27, 2021, 01:02:53 pm »

Howdy hey… we have two hours?

Are we still thinking gkrieg? Iguana, it looks like you’re rethinking?

No, I think gkrieg is our best shot.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 27, 2021, 01:05:39 pm »

yeah I'm sorry I think my defense of you may have done more harm than good. to both of us.

??? Swowl has the lowest # of posts in the thread, I just checked.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 27, 2021, 01:06:05 pm »

gkrieg's frustration here is relatable, but not alignment indicative. I could see this coming from scum or town.

the VT claim from gkrieg is pretty towny. all other things equal, scum should claim a PR at X1 so they can at worst get a counterclaim out of their exile and at best buy another day. That's best play in most cases.

scum!gkrieg should only claim VT if he thinks that it will somehow get him off the hook, and there was no indication here that it would. Doesn't that give anyone else pause?

Unvote

He/him

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 27, 2021, 01:06:51 pm »

??? Swowl has the lowest # of posts in the thread, I just checked.

So now you'll vote for him right?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: September 27, 2021, 01:09:39 pm »

(just unvoting because I don't want Didds to hammer before someone replies to my post about the claim)

He/him

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 27, 2021, 01:10:02 pm »

I quoted the wrong Joth post there. I meant to quote him saying Swowl has been active D2.

I don't know if I would vote Swowl. faust made sure that was not a viable wagon today. I don't think I like voting Swowl when faust is saying that it's a bad choice. That could definitely change with my opinion of faust though.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 27, 2021, 01:12:09 pm »

I quoted the wrong Joth post there. I meant to quote him saying Swowl has been active D2.

I don't know if I would vote Swowl. faust made sure that was not a viable wagon today. I don't think I like voting Swowl when faust is saying that it's a bad choice. That could definitely change with my opinion of faust though.

You really think that faust's reads are that good that you form your opinions based on his reads? And you are that sure about him being town?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 27, 2021, 01:12:18 pm »

My reaction to VT was that it gave no indication it would come from scum because I've seen scum claim VT at X-1 a million times.

So I don't really know what to make of your argument.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 27, 2021, 01:12:52 pm »

You really think that faust's reads are that good that you form your opinions based on his reads? And you are that sure about him being town?

No, I'm not sure about faust being town. But I also don't really want to talk about this more right now.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.