Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 89  All

Author Topic: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 5)  (Read 174623 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1125 on: September 26, 2021, 03:17:19 pm »

I mean, faust is still town. Do I need to talk about this?

Remind me again why.  Top 2 reasons faust is town.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 26, 2021, 03:17:59 pm »

Well, at least let me catch up reading. I'm excited to get to the case on me.

Don’t be too excited because as far as I can tell there isn’t one.

I think he already did.

- He got a town PM.
- He's not aligned with anyone else.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 26, 2021, 03:18:29 pm »

I feel a bit talked out... let's look at the vote count.

Vote Count 2.faust

mathdude (3): EFHW, gkrieg13, MiX
jotheonah (1): Swowl,
faust (1): 2.71828.....
iguanaiguana (1): mathdude,
gkrieg13 (3): faust, WestCoastDidds, iguanaiguana
Swowl (2): jotheonah, Jimmmmm

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to exile. Day 2 will end September 27, 2021, 03:00:00 pm.

So deadline is in less than 2 days. We should make sure to actually get an exile. The people who are not on a proper wagon should either move or make a case to convince people. The people on Swowl should just move away because that's a stupid wagon.

So you want it to be me/math?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 26, 2021, 03:19:39 pm »

- He got a town PM.

I feel like these aren't enough.

- He's not pushing anything extra that helps scum
- He's trying to make town win
- He's the complete opposite of last game
- He's just like any one of his town games
- He's comfortable to talk with and about
- His posts are townie
- His actions seem to be helping town

What else do you need?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 26, 2021, 03:24:52 pm »

- He got a town PM.

I feel like these aren't enough.

- He's not pushing anything extra that helps scum
- He's trying to make town win
- He's the complete opposite of last game
- He's just like any one of his town games
- He's comfortable to talk with and about
- His posts are townie
- His actions seem to be helping town

What else do you need?

That's a pretty decent list of nothing at all.  I'll allow it.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 26, 2021, 03:27:11 pm »

Really liking all of the gkrieg posts, they feel very town.

Some of the recent iguana posts have me wanting to fall back to my iguana scum read. I also just ISO'd Didds, and they are still the happy and cheerful WCD we all know and love, but unfortunately I think she may be scum this time.

Iguana and WCD and one more person on their team.  Case to follow....

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 26, 2021, 03:31:37 pm »

The people on Swowl should just move away because that's a stupid wagon.

Give me two good reasons the gkrieg wagon is better than the Swowl wagon.
1. gkrieg has completely ignored the wagon on him.
2. Swowl is obviously town.

I honestly did not know about the wagon on me. Now seeing it, it is pretty pathetic.

I have already quoted the four votes on me (other than math's, which I haven't gotten to yet in my reread).

Faust's vote was partially PoE, partially XAL. Both of those are horrible reasons. PoE makes more sense when there are fewer people, or when you have better reasons people are town (right now, most things have to be based on gut reads, or things that are fairly easy to fake as scum). XAL is just not good in a game with only one, non-informative flip. Also his vote really is trying to get iguana on board, which is kinda weird because iguana was looking at me and faust.

Didds sheeped for essentially the same reasons, which is even worse. Although she does join before faust gives his reasons

MiX joins the wagon after hearing faust's reasons. Does he think they are good reasons?

Iguana also votes for me after, where his case is that "when no one looks like scum, it's probably faust, or gkrieg". Which is basically faust's case, but without the XAL thrown in. This case is essentially that faust and gkrieg are the only two players who don't look like scum when they are scum, so if everyone looks like town, no one else could fake looking townie, so faust and gkrieg must be scum. It should be clear why this is a bad case.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M135: Among Us Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1132 on: September 26, 2021, 03:36:43 pm »

The main reason I think WCD is scummy is how she has maintained her scum read on EFHW. Opens up with a casual EFHW vote, then builds on it, explains why it makes sense this game, etc., etc.  But then, when Joth votes for EFHW, WCD asks for additional rationale.

vote:  EFHW

Why’s that?

Why is that? Why would town who has spent the majority of their day thinking about how EFHW is scum this game need EXTRA reasons to vote for EFHW. Or question why other people have "seen the light" and joined the EFHW wagon. It just feels....off.

Then D2 there is this:

Didds, what happened to your scumread on EFHW?

Its still there, but I am trying to be fair to her...I think I find her scummy because she is cagey. I am so open that I grapple with close to the vest folks. But, she was one of the few people trying to get an exile off at the EOD, and she was so willing to do it that I don't know that it was scummy.  Her wagon was 4 yesterday and never got an higher so I don't think there is enough town will to make that happen today. So, I have decided to just wait and see on her. Same with Joth.

This feels extremely scummy to me. More specifically, it feels like scum who had moved on from her fake scum read on EFHW but then when reminded about it kept it alive, because you never know when you need to get that mis-exile in. Basically, I don't buy WCD's read on EFHW as being a genuine town reading another player as scum.

vote: WCD

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 26, 2021, 03:39:00 pm »

Vote: gkrieg over math.

Oh, just noticed this is the 4th vote on me. Not sure what to say about this one.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 26, 2021, 03:40:50 pm »

Forget waiting.

Vote: gkrieg

He hasn't posted in nearly 48 hours. But his profile says last active on forum at 12:34pm today. He's watching, and just hoping the wagon sways away from him. He's afraid if he says something, it will further incriminate him.

I believe that's X-1.

I'm never scared of saying something. Especially in this case, as I wasn't really incriminated in the first place. People are voting me for two reasons that are easy for me to fix by posting.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 26, 2021, 03:44:26 pm »

To be honest, I am still a toss-up between iguana and faust.  I was starting to push more toward iguana as I read WCD as scum and saw some of the buddying that she did with iguana.  But that could just be white knighting.

I do think that WCD is scum though.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 26, 2021, 03:49:46 pm »

The main reason I think WCD is scummy is how she has maintained her scum read on EFHW. Opens up with a casual EFHW vote, then builds on it, explains why it makes sense this game, etc., etc.  But then, when Joth votes for EFHW, WCD asks for additional rationale.

Why’s that?

Why is that? Why would town who has spent the majority of their day thinking about how EFHW is scum this game need EXTRA reasons to vote for EFHW. Or question why other people have "seen the light" and joined the EFHW wagon. It just feels....off.

Did you read the context? It should explain it. It feels like you didn't read it, because that was a naked joth vote (which I've already said is scummy) onto a wagon that at the time had 2 people on it (me and Didds) while joth hadn't talked about EFHW at all.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 26, 2021, 03:51:05 pm »

I have a funny feeling joth is scum, but I don't believe it. It's too convenient.

I also don't care about this game that much.

Oh, and uh, math has never died D1 as scum. Read the bastard dwarf game if you want to see scum!math.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 26, 2021, 03:51:59 pm »

Why’s that?

Did you read the context? It should explain it. It feels like you didn't read it, because that was a naked joth vote (which I've already said is scummy) onto a wagon that at the time had 2 people on it (me and Didds) while joth hadn't talked about EFHW at all.

No, I get the naked vote.  But at this point all WCD had done was justify why EFHW was scum this game.  I feel like as town you see the naked vote and you think "Yes! Someone finally listened to me!"

As scum, you engage differently.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 26, 2021, 03:54:52 pm »

Why’s that?

No, I get the naked vote.  But at this point all WCD had done was justify why EFHW was scum this game.  I feel like as town you see the naked vote and you think "Yes! Someone finally listened to me!"

That's not how I remember the events surrounding that time. That would be true earlier in the day IIRC.

But eh I don't feel like going all the way back to justify this. I would be much more interested in Didds' interaction with iguana and vice-versa.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: September 26, 2021, 04:13:27 pm »

Why’s that?

That's not how I remember the events surrounding that time. That would be true earlier in the day IIRC.

But eh I don't feel like going all the way back to justify this. I would be much more interested in Didds' interaction with iguana and vice-versa.

I mean, I definitely have a different view looking back than in the moment.  But that does not negate my read on the situation.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 26, 2021, 04:50:15 pm »

(snip)

This feels extremely scummy to me. More specifically, it feels like scum who had moved on from her fake scum read on EFHW but then when reminded about it kept it alive, because you never know when you need to get that mis-exile in. Basically, I don't buy WCD's read on EFHW as being a genuine town reading another player as scum.

vote: WCD

Hmmmm..... you haven't discovered anything here.  I have an intrinsic scum read on her and I am open about that BUT I also fully recognize that it may have more do do with previous games, saltiness, and a genera difference in playstyle so I am trying to stay open to the idea that she is town instead of being stubborn about pushing her.  What I have said, and continue to hold, is that I am in wait-and-see mode on her.  Since we havent had any meaningful flips, this is all read and feels and thinks without any real evidence.

I asked Joth for his reasons to see if he was piling on or if he had scumming reasons. 

So, you are correct. I still have a scum read on her.  There was no fake scum read and I do not have a genuine townread, nor am I pretendinf to.  I am genuinely waiting to decide where she fits once there is actual evidence.

I don't know how you could possibly find my reads on her inauthentic, but that is not something I can argue regardless.  So, okay. 

Voting for me, today, is a waste and being stubborn about it is scummy.  So, you get to decide how you want to be. 
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 26, 2021, 05:09:06 pm »

Voting for me, today, is a waste and being stubborn about it is scummy.  So, you get to decide how you want to be.

Vote: WestCoastDidds
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 26, 2021, 05:32:10 pm »

Vote: joth

Ok, we can just kill scum today. I want to win now.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 26, 2021, 05:35:37 pm »

joth's ISO is literally riddled with scumslips. I've pointed out at least 2.

We could dance with math and gkrieg and exile math, but math is obviously town, gkrieg is obviously town, joth is not town, this should be apparent from just their posts, no need for interactions.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 26, 2021, 05:51:14 pm »

Do you actually think I’m scum? I’m disappointed. I thought you knew me better than that.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 26, 2021, 05:53:12 pm »

This kind of passive aggressive clawback from Ms. Positivity is a scum tell, IMO.

Idk what to make of MiX’s reaction unless it’s meant to distract everyone from the WCD wagon before it can get going.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 26, 2021, 05:53:36 pm »

*clapback, not clawback. Darn autocorrect.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 26, 2021, 06:31:40 pm »

Do you actually think I’m scum? I’m disappointed. I thought you knew me better than that.

If you keep acting like scum then I kinda have to.

I don't fully believe in any read anyway.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 26, 2021, 06:44:46 pm »

This kind of passive aggressive clawback from Ms. Positivity is a scum tell, IMO.

Idk what to make of MiX’s reaction unless it’s meant to distract everyone from the WCD wagon before it can get going.

There’s no passive aggressiveness, no clawback or otherwise. We need to consolidate votes. Let’s do that. Starting a whole new wagon on me is either begging for us to do something quick and not as well thought out, or he’s gonna camp out and not contribute to an exile. I’m not mad, or even annoyed. I just don’t think it’s helpful to start something new now.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 89  All

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 20 queries.